ROLL CALL: LISBON - BARBADOS 21st OCTOBER 2011

philipb

We have been advised by our TA to put a change of clothes in each others suitcases since our luggage may not keep up with us, as we fly in and sail on the same day. So with that in mind we rearranged a few items to cover that eventuality. So if you see me in a dress and blue and white tennies---be gentle... We fly from West coast Thursday 8am--arrive 8am Friday Lisbon.

Terrific flight in from Atlanta to London, then Ida and I linked up with the very Lovely Miss Lynn and Doug at in Heathrow for our flight to Lisbon. Our driver was waiting patiently with a sign with our names on it and very shortly we were off to our hotels; Sheraton for us, Lapa Palace for Doug and Lynn. Tonight look very forward to drinks (doug and lynn are joining us) with the best tour guide we have ever had (when in Lisbon Jorge's your best bet--thanks Wripro). Doug, Lynn and I anxiously wait to board to Spirit tomorrow about noon.

Good to hear you are safely in Lisbon, Wes & Ida; Doug & Lynn. I'm off to Heathrow this afternoon for an overnight stay and then fly with BA at 07.30 tomorrow morning for Lisbon. The weather forecast is good.:)

Hi Philip, safe travels...believe Emmy Webb also on board with us who lives in London is on your flight too tomorrow...maybe she will have one of the Silversea luggage tags on her bag so you can identify her...see u on board.

We had a delightful dinner with Doug and the Lovely Miss Lynn last night. Doug using his fighter pilot tactics divulged the Grand Suite secret with Ida and I present (safety in numbers) Lynn was surprised and delighted. Our driver picks us up at 11:30am (about 2 hrs from now) then we pick up Doug and Lynn and head for the beautiful Spirit. Hopefully our next post will be on board. Thanks all for your gracious, heartfelt bon voyage well wishes.

We had a delightful dinner with Doug and the Lovely Miss Lynn last night. Doug using his fighter pilot tactics divulged the Grand Suite secret with Ida and I present (safety in numbers) Lynn was surprised and delighted. Our driver picks us up at 11:30am (about 2 hrs from now) then we pick up Doug and Lynn and head for the beautiful Spirit. Hopefully our next post will be on board. Thanks all for your gracious, heartfelt bon voyage well wishes.

Wes, Bon Voyage!

"Harold" and I wish you and Ida the happiest of days at sea. We would be interested in how your workout program, especially the running/track, work out for you on this ship.

Best!

Pincus

Wes, wishing you and Ida a wonderful cruise.

Bon voyage,

Nancy

It's Saturday and we're at sea on our way to Funchal with calm seas and beautiful weather. Won't repeat what Wes has posted, because the computer is a bit slower than my hyperlink at home. The ship is pretty full with a lot of international crowd, which we really like(@490 pax). Unfortunately, some of the crew that we were hoping would be aboard are not and Gustavo will leave when we get to FLL. About the only ship's officers that we know are Paolo and Enzo(Guest Relations). Our favorite bartenders Gareth and Ricardo are not aboard. Party is still on for the evening of 25th in Las Palmas. We CC folks will meet in the Panorama Lounge at 1130 today. Tonight is our first of 4 formal nights. Last night we had a wonderful dinner in La Terrazza with Wes and Ida. After dinner Wes did his usual Army fade and toddled off to bed. We'll see what today brings! More later.

We had a wonderful first day on board. Doug, Lynn, Ida and I arrived on board just after noon and immediately linked up with Emmy at the pool bar. After pre dinner drinks in Panorama lounge and dancing with stars quality dancing by Doug and Lynn we were off to La Terraza for our first dinner on board. Delicious. Wellseaonsed, both Doug and I enjoyed the exceptional Duck Ragout over Pappardelle noodles. Very early this morning a invigorating workout (running, elliptical, lap swimming) . Went to the Panorama Lounge to hydrate and enjoyed a plate of fruit at followed by a delicious cappuccino, I ordered one and took it to Ida. This morning, Ida signed up very early for the five different L’ecole De Chefs programs, there will be eight different presentations including Knife Skills, Italian cooking demo, competition, and BBQ tips. Today's lectures: Divided by a Common Language—Andrew Johnson helps to make sense of the differences in the use of language. European Sunset/Pacific Dawn; The Return of the Dragon presented by Phillip Hurst. Tonight is the Captain’s welcome split between the Panorama Lounge and then the Bar. Since it is Formal Night, we ‘ll have a repast for dinner; Lobster Thermidor, Filet Mignon.

Jazz duo Angela Clark and Michelle are now entertaining in Stars.

Am starting a separate thread vs continuint posts on this roll call thread. New thread will be titled: "On board reports from the Spirit's 2012 Fall crossing."

Jazz duo Angela Clark and Michelle are now entertaining in Stars.

Am starting a separate thread vs continuint posts on this roll call thread. New thread will be titled: "On board reports from the Spirit's 2012 Fall crossing."

Hi Wes, thanks very much for the information about Stars.

Looking forward to reading the on board reports - very much appreciated by many.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived