All things EARTH...

YES!! Very deep dark green! A great color in what looks like a great style! I am hoping that it will go on sale...but my birthday IS coming up right before the cruise...Sooooo. Might be a happy gift for myself one way or another...

Margaret I love the clothes you have picked to bring on your cruise. The color combinations will make mixing and matching so easy. The style of the purple bathing suit is really nice as well.

Sailor Sally, we have enjoyed Holland America cruises and have found the usual age varies with itinerary length and locale. We were on a NYC to Quebec cruise last september and found most of the cruisers were around our age(mid and early sixties). That was a wonderful trip . We liked it so much we are trying Montreal to Boston in late august this year. It was a fairly active cruise but of course could be tailored to individual needs. We have just returned from a long planned cruise to Hawaii with our DD and her SO. That average age was eighty! Let me tell you, it was a rocky ride at times and those folks handled it well!

We have not found it to be stuffy although DH balks at dressing for formal night. He will do it but needs to sigh and complain. I wear a shorter cocktail type dress now and he wears a sports jacket with a tie. I was sad to leave long dresses at home...Anyway, we have found it to be friendly and have met some wonderful people. DD and her SO also had a great time although at forty they were the youngest on board. It was an 18 day cruise which I think will skew to an older retired crowd.

Joby, we are super busy over here, aren't we? The conversation on the FIRE thread has been quiet lately. Is nobody cruising or otherwise traveling over there?

We're a sad bunch over on the FIRE thread, aren't we ;) Where is everyone?????

It's fun to see all the ideas that are over here on our sister's board though :)

Anita and I are working on some projects though. Hopefully, I'll have photos in the not too distant future to post of the results on the FIRE thread.

I am thinking about my cruise...who isn't thinking about theirs?

With that in mind, I'm thinking a bit about shoes, and how much I really hate sneakers unless I'm exercising. I will need to think a bit about what I'm wearing while getting to know Catalina Island, San Francisco and Victoria, BC. The clothing choices are all coming together as I'm planning out layered tops with light weight jackets or sweaters. A lot of scarves too! But my feet...I will have to think about that a little.

I'm very prone to foot cramps. I jump out of bed in the middle of the night to walk them off. I don't know for sure why I get them, but they are definitely more common when my feet get cold, so I have to wear those fuzzy socks to bed. Sneakers tend to cramp my feet. My current pair does this the least out of any I have ever owned, but the issue is still there. I put them on for walks or exercising, then take them off as soon as I can when I'm done.

Do any of you have that issue?

I've noticed that the fire board gets a bit quiet too. I'm not over there as often as I am here, but do you post your planned outfits at all? I love to see the process, how things go together, and how things can mix and match. It's especially fun when I see all the pieces come together, like when Margaret was showing us her dresses, then took some up close pictures of her jewelry. Or yesterday, when she talked about her swimwear choices and what shoes she is bringing along.

For me it depends on how you define "sneakers." For me, sneakers are street shoes that are lace up style but not for exercising. Brands like Converse, Keds, Vans and Superga.

Shoes that I would exercise in are trainers...and I would never wear shoes that I exercise in anywhere but the gym. Especially my Zumba shoes...I am very concerned with the longevity of the soles of my Zumba shoes especially and I don't wear them except to and from class. (I used to change into my Zumba shoes AT class and not wear them on the street at all...).

I also believe in specific shoes for specific purposes...so I also have trailer runners. I used to have cross-trainers but they are so worn out...I tossed them.

The only foot problem that I have had with athletic shoes is related to this bony thing on the top of my foot. When I tighten my laces too tight, it really hurts that part of my foot. I have since learned how to skip the cross lacing at that particular part of my foot (instead of criss crossing the laces there, I just thread them straight up to the hole above and then resume criss crossing again above the bony part. Then I can pull the shoes as tight as is comfortable (and feeling good for support) and it's never tight across that bony thing.

I do need a wider toe box...if I don't have the wide toe box...the shoe will cause a cramp. You should be able to play the piano with your toes in your shoes. If you can't, then they don't fit properly.

I wonder if using magnesium oil would help your foot cramps? Magnesium is the mineral necessary for muscles to RELAX. Potassium is supposed to help prevent cramps...but magnesium is the thing that helps a working muscle to relax. Supplementing with magnesium is hard on your digestive system. The recommendation is to take magnesium topically through the skin. I put magnesium oil on the soles of my feet every night. Also, I put it on my calves. It's very helpful for me.

I usually start with shoes... My feet can swell, especially on vacation for whatever reason...so I really need to be able to accommodate that potential with travel shoes (adjustable is good...like Tevas). Some fancy shoes that I would be okay wearing for the odd night at home have presented problems for me on the cruise ships. (I've learned this through the experience).

The only thing that I would recommend with regards to shoes in San Francisco...seriously think about the hills. Think about the idea of the possibility of walking up and down some hills...and how your feet might slip around within the shoe? You will want a shoe that will be able to strap your feet down well enough to your sole that you won't be jamming your toes downhill.

Laurie,

Most of the streets on Catalina Island are cobblestone. You might want to choose your walking shoe with that in mind. Also, just a little tip...bars, restaurants, and shopping are pretty pricey. They have really good snorkeling there and they have a great tour at night where you can go out on a boat and see the "Flying Fish" which is a great phenomenon on Catalina. The DH, DS, and I went on the tour one year and we were just amazed at what we saw. The guys loved the snorkeling and I loved just checking out the merchandise in the various boutiques. We've been there a few times as it's only "26 Miles Across the Sea" from us. It's a very touristy place so let that guide your expectations if you've never been there before. We enjoy Catalina for what it is. You can also hang at the beach if you want. Depending on what time of year you're going to visit Catalina, it can be pretty cool. If you're going to be there at night...bring a light sweater or jacket. As for what to wear...any of your cute outfits will be fine. It's very laid back and casual on Catalina. If you're not doing some sort of excursion on the island...and even if you are...you might want to wear some kind of sunhat and sunglasses for protection. You will probably also want to put on some suntan lotion as you'll be walking around outside most of the time.

Edited by mousey

Mousey, we will be there in mid May and I've been told to expect a high of around 60. Of course, it could be warmer or cooler than

normal.

I don't think any kind of sandal is likely based on temps. I don't wear Keds or anything like that...my go to shoes are like a mule or slide and that is not good for hills. Hm...

Anita, I will have to look for magnesium. Where do you find it?

I'm such an internet shopper...I ordered mine from Amazon...but I've seen it in a natural beauty product section in a grocery store...definitely in any health food store type store...maybe in a vitamin or other nutritional supplement store? We've talked about magnesium oil a lot at Curves...the word oil is a bit misleading...it's really the magnesium salt suspended in water. In the stores, it can be a bit pricey so some of the ladies have opted for a magnesium gel and have had success with that too.

This is the one that I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026RCMAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It lasts a really long time. I went through a period there where we weren't really using it as much. I bought this about 2 years ago...still have it.

Oooh so much to catch up on... I've been working a lot of overtime and haven't had much time to even think lately so this is my first chance to catch up in a few days.

First... here is my new hair. I really like the color. I didn't do much different to the style, but I really like it. I can style it a couple of different ways. The base color is a chocolate brown with red highlights. I think it really works (and makes my skin look awesome). What do you think?

ry%3D400

Anita - you looked awesome in that outfit you posted! Wow, I just loved it. And those shoes rock.

Mousey - sounds like you and I are on the same track - I am trying to get in shape too. I'm starting with swimming at a gym nearby and then we'll see where that takes me. I like to swim, but we don't have our own pool (in Arizona it would be nice to have our own... but alas...) so I have to use a public pool or a gym. We can try to keep each other motivated.

I am really struggling with my hours at my job. I like what I do, or at least, I mainly like it, but the hours are really playing havoc with me. It's very hard for a mid-40s woman to switch to a vampiric schedule after 40+ years of normal hours. It's hard on your body, on your sleep schedule, on your social life and it's really hard on marriages. And my marriage is more important to me that this job. So I'm trying to figure out where I can go because I am not going to get a better schedule at my job for at least five years. And I honestly don't know that I (or we) can last five more years of this. And even then it's not a guarantee. And a better schedule is not a great schedule. It just means that maybe I come home at 3am instead of 7am. Or that I only work one weekend day instead of both. It just really sucks and I'm seriously stressing.

On a happy note, a very good friend is getting married in April and we will be going to the wedding. This is the first fancy event I've had since we went on our last cruise in 2011. So I need to find an outfit. Any ideas?

Barbara, I'm not sure if I've said this before, but you are very pretty!

I'm sorry about your work situation. I have a sister who recently decided to take an early retirement. Her hours were not nearly as bad as yours - she worked an evening shift until 11:00 PM and was off Sunday and Monday. She says she feels she finally has a social life and can participate in all those fun things that people do on weekends and so forth.

I can only imagine what it must be like for you. You are right, your marriage comes first. I hope you are able to find something with much better hours.

I tried out a scarf with a necklace that I have on a hanger, and it looked really great. Now that I've seen your combo, Anita, I'd like to try that out this weekend. Sometimes things don't lay the same when you actually wear them, but this particular combination looks promising. The only think is that I'm looking at a bit more dramatic of a necklace, but not gaudy. It's multistrand with some strands of pearls, and some gold chain. It' isn't chunky, but the strands start at shorter and end up considerably longer.

If it doesn't quite look right, I'll try different scarves and different necklaces together. I'd do that now since I'm home by myself tonight, but I'm just going to rest for a bit. The laundry is going, I gave both dogs a bath, colored my hair...

I was thinking about this pair of brown jeans that I have. I actually have two pair - one is this lighter, almost heathered look pair that are more or less close to skinny jeans. I wear them with boots only, as they don't really flatter me when I've got shoes or sandals on. The other pair is a rich, dark chocolate. The legs are straight and even though they are straight on the bottom, they don't come in close to the ankle, creating that funnel look on me. I recall in the fall wearing them with some shoes, and my daughter thought they looked really nice. So, those will likely get packed for my May trip. I hope to try on some complete outfits and see how I do.

My daughter was mentioned that Eddie Bauer had these olive green straight leg jeans. If they fit and style are right, those will get so much use! Yes, great for vacation but also great as an overall addition to my wardrobe. I think earth bottoms can be a little harder to find. I can find brown, khaki (which can be more fire at times) and not too much else. For that reason, almost all my work pants are various shades of dark brown. It gets a bit boring sometimes.

I believe that pants in Eddie Bauer are the last year's version of these. (it's the outlet store we have at the mall) They are around $60.00 but they have really good sales and my daughter gets a sizeable discount. I'm not sure they will look right on me but I would definitely try them on to see.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/voyager-ii-pants/21107007/_/A-ebSku_0117029537001014__21107007_catalog10002_en__US?showProducts=&backToCat=Pants _ Capris&previousPage=GNAV&tab=women&color=537

Anita, I do a great deal of shopping on the internet myself. It seems like I can never find things in the store anymore. The magnesium oil is quite inexpensive so I think it is worth a try. One of my daughters has the same cramping problem as me. I'm interested in what may cause it as well. It's been a while since I researched it.

Barbara, I really like your hair and your dark glasses. You are so right, your skin looks amazing. I like to swim too, but I only get to do it in the summer at the lake. It is very hard and time-consuming to find a pool here with good hours for me. Plus the chlorine really does a number on my hair. I always tell DH if we ever win the lottery, I want a rooftop pool in my building. :)

We'd love to hear more about the wedding... you know we will bombard you with photos and ideas. :) Is it daytime? Church? Formal? More details, please!

Laurie, I really like those green pants. They look awesome for traveling, and the color is dark enough to work like a neutral, don't you think? Isn't it interesting that we can have a closet full of perfectly good clothes, yet still have a wardrobe gap somewhere. When I sorted out my jewelry box last week, I realized I have some orphan necklaces. The tops I wore them with went to Goodwill when I lost weight, so there are colors missing from my work wardrobe that I would like to have again. Specifically, sage green and lavender. Neither of them are on the "popular" list this season, so I will just have to be patient.

I haven't even read the Kondo book yet, but it's already changed my thinking. I've sorted through my makeup drawer and one of my desk drawers, and tossed so much stuff. Just changing my thought process from "oh, this might be useful someday" to "I like this and I use it all the time" has resulted in drawers where I can see everything easily. I can't wait to tackle our big storage closet.

I took a pair of shoes to be re-heeled and some jewelry in for repair, and I feel so productive. We signed the contract for our apartment reno so Friday I'm going shopping for tile and bathroom fixtures, and wood flooring for the LR/DR. I feel the forward momentum and I'm so excited!

I'm also happy that I get to say "I'm going on a cruise this month!"

As a healthy 72 yrs young, I have been using magnesium tabs for 5 years.

I think that we absorb less/need more as we age.... The only time I had a "digestive" problem was switching from tablets to capsules ,,,, it took a while to work out why I was suddenly getting IBS symptoms. AVOID magnesium oxide formula; I now use Swisse magnesium citrate tabs.

They are large, but will dissolve, or can be cut with a pill splitter which I find handy for vitamin pills.

If I forget, I will get cramps in cooler nights. (I know all about the fluffy socks). It is handy to have a supply by the bed - just in case. Just Google it.

Those Eddie Bauer pants looks cute...in my current state of body shape, they would be terrible on me. I need just a slightly higher rise than what these appear to have. And for these kinds of pants to warm my heart...they need more pockets! lol.

I have had some good success with casual pants in Earth colors. I did pick up a pair of olive/army green colored pants from Athleta. They are too small for me at the moment...but I am eagerly anticipating wearing them again. They do go with SO MANY things...it's a good color to have.

Barbara...your hair is very fun!! I've contemplated doing something more colorful with my hair in the summer time. I second Margaret's inquiries regarding the details of your wedding event!

Your working schedule is rough business. I hope you can have a change before the end of the 5 year rotation. In the meantime...I hope that you and your DH can get creative with how you spend your time together. If you can overcome this challenge...my guess is that you'll create some amazing memories.

Margaret...how awesome to get started on your reno project!! Having lived through a couple of reno projects, I can say in all seriousness...the dust will get everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Anything that you can do to put things away...do it. And if you can cover it...cover it. OMG. The less you have to clean on the other side of the reno, the happier you will be.

I have to find when you leave again...but the fact that you are cruising this month is very exciting! I cruise in less than a month...but it's still next month...

I went to JCPenny last evening to pick up a black bow tie for DS. I saw a LOT of corals!! I also saw orange and aqua. Many were bright...not muted. But there was definitely a mix. I didn't have a lot of time to shop and look at stuff...and I didn't have anything in particular in mind that I needed...so I can't report in any greater detail...but it could be worth a look for spring/summer needs, as these are all in the store right now.

Freeling...I have fuzzy socks! I think of them as my cozy lounging socks... Supplementation is really a bit of experimentation. I'm glad you found what works for you. I've had much better sleep since starting my nightly ritual of putting the oil on the soles of my feet. I read that doing so can help people with any kind of insomnia...this has been circumstantial proven with my Curves ladies. Everyone who has tried it has had improved sleep...could just be a placebo effect...but who cares, if it works?

I've started my physical therapy. The day after using our recumbent bicycle...wow...it was the most normal my knee has felt since the injury. Talk about incentive to maintain and keep doing! I'm somewhat shocked at how weak my left leg is in general. In only 3 weeks...I lost over half an inch in my left thigh. How the simplest movements can reduce my left leg to shaking to maintain form is somewhat humbling. But I'm pressing on with it all...I had a good cry after my first session, DH encouraged me (he's the best) and this little Aries girl is on high and positive again. (Mom said that being with me can be a bit like a roller coaster...everything is the best OR everything is the worst...) LOL.

Thank you all for the great compliments on my hair. I like this the best of all the various things I've done to my hair in years (and oh, there have been many "experiments").

The wedding is scheduled for 6pm on a Saturday night. It will be held in a courtyard of this little trendy/cool venue in a nearby city. Afterwards, there will be a cocktail hour and then a sitdown dinner. One of the more "fancy" affairs I have gone to in a long while. I am so happy to be able to go to support my friends, they have been together 19 years and finally, now that marriage equality passed in Arizona, they can get married. It will be a fun and festive night, I am sure.

Physical therapy is rough, Anita. I'm glad you have the encouragement of your husband. That can mean a world of difference. Keep us posted on your status.

The job thing is just really stressful for me right now. I am someone who simply doesn't fail and if I struggle I get past it. I am really not enjoying my job right now, and everything is getting to me. The hours, the people, the horrible stories that I get to hear day in and day out. I feel a bit like a round peg forced into a square hole. It can be done but the round peg is beaten and scarred and not the same thereafter. I'm not sure I want that for my life. So I'm taking a look around to see what else might be there. When you have trouble listing the pros for your job but can list a litany of cons, it's time to reconsider. Many many tears have been shed as I work through this decision. I don't know if/when I'll find something else, but I'm tired of feeling this way.

Margaret - totally excited for you and your upcoming cruise. When exactly do you leave?

Cholla , I really like the hair color .

Margaret , Have fun on your cruise ! I love renovating when it's done . I am sure yours will be great .

Anita, Physical therapy is tough but I am sure you can handle it .

Laurie, I like those pants & have fun on your cruise !

Tomorrow we find out the date for Gary's total knee . As soon as that is over we can make some vacation plans . Though I did sneak in a trip to visit my grandsons .We are also doing some renovating . We are updating the one bathroom and painting and doing some repair of the other . Just odds & ends since we will probably be selling our house next year . It is just too big for us now & I'm tired of the upkeep .

I'm pretty sure those Eddie Bauer pants are not ideal for me, based on what my daughter has told me. They are skinny jeans, not straight jeans. (pants) But it really has me thinking a lot right now. I guess it would be good to look around and see who has what.

Barbara, that wedding sounds nice. Evening weddings with a cocktail hour and sit down dinner are usually more formal. Did I mention I went to a black tie optional wedding last year? That was really, really beautiful. Looking back, I kind of wish I wore a long dress, but I did wear a very pretty red satin cocktail dress.

I love getting all dollied up for something such as this. I guess it makes sense, seeing how much I love formal nights!

Sally, good luck to your husband on his surgery. Do you think they will schedule it pretty quickly?

Anita, I'm glad PT went well for you. You have a wonderful, supportive husband. You have my virtual support as well. :-) I know you are a determined person, and a hard worker.

Margaret, what Anita says. If there is sheetrock involved, the dust is heavier and tends to resettle after you clean it up a few times. Most companies these days have a lot of newer techniques for sanding that really minimize the dust. Not everyone uses them though. When we do the work ourselves, we don't have the fancier tools so it goes everywhere. But if they have some newer gadgetry, it will help you a lot.

Construction may stress your kitty a bit, so he/she will need extra cuddles.

I think Anita's organization of her closets and dressers has inspired all of us. I am taking a day off tomorrow, and I will be gathering up some Goodwill items that I have ready. I will finally be getting a hair cut, getting my eyes checked and new glasses. Over the weekend, I plan to adjust the shoulder strap of each of the new dresses, and hopefully, get the new Ralph Lauren dress pinned for alterations.

If we are lucky, we may just do some painting of that mud room!! I need to paint the closet, so we are changing the color of the room overall and just repainting all of it. I've decided on a milk chocolate for the outside of the closet, with a shade lighter for the rest of the room. It's a bit of a color block thing. I am thinking though that I should just paint the whole room that color. My husband is thinking it will be too dark. If you guys have a Lowe's around, it's Pantone Universe Tannin.

It's only paint. I can repaint it if it comes out too dark, right?

Laurie, that's a lovely color. It reminds me of chocolate milk -- yum! I like your color block idea.

Anita, PT and crying go hand in hand. PT can reveal deep truths and be a great release, so it can get pretty emotional. It is not a workout that you master, it is a learning process. I am glad you have a loving husband to support you. If anything, I wish I had been more open to assistance and not such a stoic about the whole thing. I'm like that when I'm sick, too, I just want to crawl into a cave and be left alone until I'm better.

As for our reno project, we are hoping to do it this summer when we can move to the lake for about four weeks while the messiest work is done. Our walls are either plaster over lathe (where plumbing and electrical runs are) or plaster over poured concrete. Let me tell you, drilling into that concrete makes a mess like you wouldn't believe. So, we are prepared for the dust to come. We might actually pack up our electronics and take them with us to the cottage. Obviously it will be a safer environment for miss kitty too. Our plans need to be approved by the Board, and that always takes a couple of months. We're not moving any walls, which would probably not be approved anyway since they are extremely conservative here. But we're putting a tray ceiling in the LR with some nice lighting that I'm very excited about.

Barbara, I hope you are seriously considering leaving that job. It does not sound like healthy environment, mentally or physically. Sometimes we think that if we persevere, we can make a bad situation better. Perseverance is a virtue, but sometimes the greater virtue is in walking away from an unfixable problem. JMHO. Your spunky cool hair is saying it wants you to be happy. :)

7" of snow today and a plane slid off the runway at LGA. It was so icy coming home my legs actually hurt from having to walk so carefully. I took the bus to work because I didn't want to drive. Took a spill in the parking lot but fortunately I didn't hurt myself. Can't believe they didn't close the airports and the schools. :eek:

Edited by MJC

Well I asked my friend about attire for the wedding and he said it's formal... so now i really need to figure out a dress. And if DH wears a suit, that's enough right? Oh it's been way too long since I've gone to a wedding, let alone a formal wedding. I did get the night off work, so that's a plus.

Thanks for the kind words about my job situation. It is just really draining and tiring to say the least. I just need to figure out if I want to go back into education (my career before this) or find a new path. Decisions, decisions.

Love those olive green jeans.

Started looking at some dresses for the wedding and upcoming cruise. If this dress wasn't so expensive I would go look at trying it on. I think it's beautiful.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-embellished-tiered-chiffon-halter-gown/3966473?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=MIDNIGHT+NAVY&resultback=1300

This one is also really pretty, but again WAY too expensive for my blood... now to stop looking at Nordstroms and start looking at Macys... maybe closer to my pricerange. Or JCPenney. :) I like this one in the black (of course) or the purple or dark blue.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/aidan-mattox-embellished-lace-silk-chiffon-gown-online-only/3456076?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=BLACK&resultback=2400

This is pretty and not too bad in price -- I'm just not sure if I could pull it off.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/alex-evenings-off-the-shoulder-pleated-gown?ID=1760617&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=SPECIAL_OCCASIONS%3DGuest of Wedding%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D321%26ruleId%3D%26slotId%3D37

I like this as a short dress:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/connected-illusion-lace-faux-wrap-dress?ID=2014411&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=SPECIAL_OCCASIONS%3DFormal;;Guest of Wedding%26PAGEINDEX%3D2%26sp%3D2%26spc%3D433

And lastly - with the right body and shapewear this could be gorgeous:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/nightway-illusion-glitter-lace-mermaid-gown?ID=1526065&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=SPECIAL_OCCASIONS%3DFormal;;Guest of Wedding%26PAGEINDEX%3D3%26sp%3D3%26spc%3D433

Barbara, all of those dresses are very pretty. I know what you mean about the cost. I look for bargains myself.

I don't know a lot about what styles you usually wear, or what type of fit is best for you. That being said, I love the long navy dress with the lace on the bottom. I'm always wishing that there were more color options. The taupe is nice, but the dress looks so good in a dark fabric, don't you agree?

You have so many great choices. I'm drawn the off the shoulder purple one too, but often times, you have to have some adjustments made for the shoulders to fit right.

With Macy's, you can often get free shipping and then return to the store if it's not right, which is a big plus.

I found a lot of nice things at Dillard's online. They have a really nice selection of clearance, but I think the sales may be final so you'd want to check that.

Just think, you could wear the dress on formal night on your next cruise.

I think a nice suit for your husband will work. When I went to the formal wedding last year, there were a mix of very formal short dresses and long dresses for women, with a handful of women wearing what I will call church clothes. I use that terminology to provide an image only - the floral type dress with the matching solid color jacket, that sort of thing. All men wore suits, I think I only saw one tux outside the wedding party? But all the suits were nice, dark suits with white shirts and nice ties. It was very beautiful, but still had an element of fun, as the couple loved loud music and dancing!

I got new glasses yesterday and a haircut. I have a week wait on the glasses to come in, but I will try to post a picture later of the haircut. It's much shorter, yet not short...I really like it so far.

The new glasses are much different. I tried to keep in mind the idea of shape and location of the glasses to the eyebrows. I think I did much, much better. I'm surprised how you can see hundreds of options in front of you, and there are really only a few styles that are in plastic or metal, and a bunch of colors...in other words, when you try on a certain style and it doesn't work for you, you've eliminated about 1/6th of the selection and so forth. I really only found two styles that worked, and in both cases, I had about 3 or 4 options each. Then, when I eliminated black and silver, I think I had three left? But they were really nice and I liked them, so I really didn't feel I was limited.

I found most glasses looking too small on my face, and down too far where I was seeing the top of the frames while looking straight ahead.