All things EARTH...

One thing we noticed about Mom...when she wears Ice...she has a bit of a look that could be described as harsh. Something about the way the clear but cool reacts with her...hard to put into words. But in her what should be so hard on the eyes clear and WARM...she softens up...and that's what I see sort of happening here with my weird edit.

The other color, with no other change...just seems to soften you up.

I'm chiming in because….. <whispering> I thought so! I really think that Lauri is going to be a FIRE sister, ladies. But, we'll wait and see.

Here's the deal. It's really, really, really…. difficult… to just find a FIRE color in a closet. Most people don't go out of their way to acquire a FIRE color until they get themselves trained to look for it because they've been TOLD to do so. The best that can probably happen is that Lauri might be able to find a more intense warm color in her current closet. And, that's what I would suggest that she try to grab a picture in…

or…

Lauri, do you have a Chico's anywhere close to you? If you do, then I'd volunteer to go to my local store and walk through the inventory to see if there's a few FIRE colors in the store currently. If so, then you could make a trip there and take a few pictures in the dressing room…

just to be sure….

in case you can't locate a FIRE color in anyone's closet. The best color to look for would be a coral or an aqua. Those were pretty prevalent everywhere last season.

Then, again…

… I could be wrong. The only thing that is throwing me a bit is the eye picture. I even took a picture of my eye to see if I could tell if it was remotely close to Lauri's…. IDK.

Anita, thanks for spending so much time helping me out! Lauri, my DH said the same thing, no smile? You always smile! Anita, he also said this coral shirt that I wore today looks soft & warm on me, where the coral vest (4 plex photo) looks sharp & cold (as opposed to a soft color). Ok, now I'm going to go through my closet. Melody

Anita, I see the difference in the enhanced blue top! Wow. I think I need to get off my IPad and look at the fire colors chips on our other computer. I wonder if I am seeing the colors slightly duller on my iPad so thought my purple sweater and Aqua shirt were fire.

I found a few things that may be fire. A very coral pj top, a bright yellow green shirt in my daughters closet. I think I will take a pic of just the shirts so you can tell me if they are firey enough before I get into them. I will also ask DH to help take the pics.

You are right..I doubt a person would buy clothes that bright if they were not confident that was the look for them! I did go through the fire thread but did not come across many pics. One that struck a chord was a beautiful lady in a blue and orange stripe maxi skirt with a beautiful blue shirt to match. light true blue on the fire color chart. I have to tell you, I have never wore clothes that color. Or bright red, or bright yellow. When I look at the fire color cards on the fire, earth, ice and air website, I get really excited! I love the colors. I am sure I have had some of those colors in my lifetime, especially some of the brighter pinky/coral and Aqua colors. I think I will be a happier woman as a fire than earth.

Melody, I can definitely see the difference in the corals now! That vest was wearing you!! So, you are an earth? Are you finding those colors in your closet?

I have gotten rid of so many clothes already (the size 22's and 20's, soon to be 18's too!) that my closet is very sparse. I bought two pairs of super cheap Tommy Hilfiger capris (clearance $10) a few years ago and could never wear them. I have them on today and they really are getting too big! That is a GREAT feeling! It will be good to get out of the plus sizes for good and have so much more available to me when I finally figure out what colors I am supposed to buy!!

I am getting excited to try these new colors! Drat I have to work this weekend again! I normally work every 6th weekend but there is a baby boom at work and we have two girls out. So our color adventure will be slow the next few days!

Enjoy the weekend!

Lauri

I really enjoy this discussion. I'm happy that I can help.

Melody...I usually equate "soft" as a description with "blended" which is what the general goal is for dressing in "your colors." That sounds like a lovely complement!

Lauri, when you take the test photo of the shirts...since color is all about comparison, please include at least one other thing in the photo. I vote for a pair of dark jeans and the blue/orange shirt. Make a 2x2 block of those four things and that should help us have a clue as to the temperature/clarity of the your finds!

I so hope one of them is Fire!

I really enjoy this discussion. I'm happy that I can help.

Melody...I usually equate "soft" as a description with "blended" which is what the general goal is for dressing in "your colors." That sounds like a lovely complement!

Lauri, when you take the test photo of the shirts...since color is all about comparison, please include at least one other thing in the photo. I vote for a pair of dark jeans and the blue/orange shirt. Make a 2x2 block of those four things and that should help us have a clue as to the temperature/clarity of the your finds!

I so hope one of them is Fire!

I also have a true light blue rash guard, a very bright peach top and a red top. I think reds are tough. I will post pics with a dark pair of jeans and the blue & orange floral. Now I am picking very bright colors and worry I may be missing the "muted" color. How can something be bright and muted all at the same time. I have to stop thinking about this!

I am not sure I know how to do the 2x2 photo layout. I use photobucket if anyone can help me out. I resize my pics to 500x whatever after cropping if needed. Do I just make them smaller?

Off to work!

Lauri

Lauri...when you take photos of just the shirts...lay them out in a 2x2 block. Put the jeans and the blue/orange shirt on the diagonal and put two of the "are-they-Fire?" shirts on the other diagonal to complete the 2x2 block.

Only include two questionable shirts in each photo. Otherwise it's just too difficult because we want to see the shirts next to something familiar. Take as many photos as you need to show us all your possibilities and we'll see if you found any Fire shirts to wear in a pic.

You will be taking mini-color party pics.

Don't worry about making the 2x2 block of the pictures of you. Please post them as you have been so they are nice and big.

Fyi...I've been using Picture Monkey? or something like that to make the collages. I have a free trial in progress.

Fingers crossed that you have at least one Fire!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Lauri...when you take photos of just the shirts...lay them out in a 2x2 block. Put the jeans and the blue/orange shirt on the diagonal and put two of the "are-they-Fire?" shirts on the other diagonal to complete the 2x2 block.

Only include two questionable shirts in each photo. Otherwise it's just too difficult because we want to see the shirts next to something familiar. Take as many photos as you need to show us all your possibilities and we'll see if you found any Fire shirts to wear in a pic.

You will be taking mini-color party pics.

Don't worry about making the 2x2 block of the pictures of you. Please post them as you have been so they are nice and big.

Fyi...I've been using Picture Monkey? or something like that to make the collages. I have a free trial in progress.

Fingers crossed that you have at least one Fire!

Thanks for the explanation! That I can do! I need 3 pm to come so I can go home and get busy!

Lauri

Lauri...I think I see two matches. The green in the first photo might be the granny apple green of Fire (could be Ice though) and yes, that red is wrong, it's cool.

I think the lovely peach color in the second photo is also a possibility. It reminds me of Debbie's best scarf.

So try the blue/orange shirt and those two and let's see what happens with those three photos.

Whenever you can get to taking photos, just wanted to say that I'm excited to see. Tonight is the big wrap up of band camp. Bbq, parent performance, section showdown, and talent show. Should be great fun.

Might mean a delay in my response tonight if you can get to it. Just want to say because how it feels to be waiting for feedback when you do post.

Hey, Lauri….

Anita's Mom here.

I know how excited you feel while you're posting pictures and how anxiously you await some information and thoughts from others. Right now, Anita is involved in a real social type of day and might not be around until later (much later) this evening.

I thought that I'd just chat with you a bit… in the meantime.

So! Looking at those FIRE possibilities… for me, the one I think just might be a FIRE is the green top in the first picture. Does it remind you of a Granny Smith apple? A Granny Smith apple is a perfect FIRE color. The problem with some clear greens are that they are really too cool. There's more of a sherbet quality to them, or a neon type of quality… that pushes them off the warm spectrum and into cool. If that green isn't neon, but is a true representation of that apple color… it makes that top a strong contender.

Also… there is a slight possibility with the raspberry color in the same picture grouping. Whether the raspberry top is…or isn't… really depends on whether the green one would make the cut. What I am seeing, on my monitor, is that the green and raspberry aren't playing well with each other. What that means to me is that one is definitely going to be on the cool side and the other on the warm side… IMO.

I have a dress that might be close to that raspberry color. It just depends on how far from warm coral that raspberry is. KWIM? Coral is really just an orange-pink and raspberry is just really a pink-orange…

So, we'll see what Anita says when she gets a chance to see the pics? Or, anyone else who sees the pics and is watching along…

I think the peach is muted; it seems perfectly happy to play along with the muted print top. The blue looks ICE. The red, also, looks ICE. I think there's a significant blue undertone to the red. I flipped back and forth between that red top and the Athleta website with Saffron Red (that I know is a warm red) and that exercise confirmed my opinion.

Again, taking into consideration computer monitor differences, others may see different tones and come up with a completely different opinion.

But, that's what I see.

EDIT: Well, Anita got home! So, she has a different opinion. We did zero in on the green as a possibility. She doesn't see the raspberry the way that I do; she doesn't see the peach the way that I do. Viva la difference!

Edited by Member123

Whenever you can get to taking photos, just wanted to say that I'm excited to see. Tonight is the big wrap up of band camp. Bbq, parent performance, section showdown, and talent show. Should be great fun.

Might mean a delay in my response tonight if you can get to it. Just want to say because how it feels to be waiting for feedback when you do post.

Anita, enjoy tonight! It brings back memories of when I was the uniform Mom and My DH was the Pit Dad! Such great memories and we made such great friendships with the other band parents!

My colors will be there always! Don't feel like you even need to respond tonight! I will chat with your Mom and get her input!

Lauri

The peach ended up not coming across so deeply.

So, my blue is not fire blue, because?

I have my personal opinion and I wonder if it will jive with yours! I will just sit here quietly and listen to your responses!

Thanks everyone!

Lauri

Just a little side thing here, but Melody's shirt really looked like a fire color to me. My daughter would look great in that, but it would be much too bright and clear for me. This can be hard sometimes. Lauri, I think this is good to point out because it shows that computers and phones can sometimes show colors differently, and sometimes, the line between cool and warm isn't always as cut and dry as we would like to think.

I do agree that the red shirt in that last collage was cool. I'm partial to red so I have some cooler reds in my closet as a result. However, for the experiment that Anita is doing I agree that this isn't quite right.

There is fire blue that Curt calls clear bright navy. It's hard to find. That blue you posted doesn't look like that...I think it's cool?

The peach, bright salmon and green all look like contenders.

Oops....while my computer shut itself down and installed updates, others were posting. Sorry!

Pam, what are your thoughts on Lauri's pictures?

My family is getting really good with this color theory. I picked up a dress that I wasn't sure I was going to keep. It's gold, but it has an ivory background to it. I thought the dress fit extremely well, and even though it had a neckline that isn't great for me, I thought it worked. I got it home and found the gold to be even stronger than I thought. Good, I thought. But the two family members who saw me try it on both said I looked washed out.

Going through the process to see what season you are is a great thing. You will also be able to see what are your standout colors, and what are your weaker colors. I really wanted this dress to work, but I guess it won't. There will be others!

Lauri,

Have you ever played with paint chips?.. specifically, white paint chips?

If you go to a store like Lowe's or Home Depot, where they have all their paint chips on display and gather up a handful of white paint chips, when you look at any of those white paint chips in isolation from all the others, it will simply look white.

But, if you put one white paint chip against another white paint chip, you'll see that one of the chips may change color and become pink, yellow, blue, lilac, gray, beige… because in relation to each other, the undertone of the paint chip will gain more significance.

All fabric colors are like that. Standing alone, you might describe the color as Blue. Maybe a more descriptive, Dark Blue… or Navy Blue. But, it just looks Blue. In relation to another piece of fabric, the undertone of the Blue will take on more significance.

For our purposes, a blue that plays well in the warmth spectrum, has a greenish undertone… yellowish undertone… whereas a blue that plays well in the cool spectrum, has a purple undertone, red undertone, even gray undertone. When you try to figure out whether a color is warm or cool, it's the undertones that will determine where on that spectrum the color will fall. A blue that is warm plays really well with colors of turquoise, aqua, violet. A cool blue plays well with gray, silver, white.

What is your opinion about your blue?

On my monitor, although the green looked promising in the tops 2x2 pics, it's not coming across as playing well with my Color Cards in the picture. Kind of frustrating, but what happens when the camera gets involved with various lighting. Now, I'm not sure about it…..

I wonder how clear that salmon, peach is? I have a color like that on my Color Cards.

It will be interesting to get Anita's reaction.

That green was a chiffon type fabric, from what I can see. It almost seems that if the fabric was heavier, the color would be more opaque but it's a bit sheer so it's throwing me off.

The peach shirt may be a tad thin also. Sometimes these work in real life, but for the purposes of a picture such as this, it's more difficult.

You know what's interesting? I just found the link to the dress I was talking about it. I think it may have been a prom dress, and the color is being referred to as blush? Sometimes, names can be confusing. I still love the dress, but...

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/xscape-embellished-metallic-halter-gown?ID=1786967&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=PAGEINDEX%3D2%26sp%3D2%26spc%3D105%26slotId%3D68%26kws%3Dxscape

Pam, do you find it hard to find truly bright fire colors?

I can never find earthy bathing suits, although I found a great brown one that is now too big. I ended up ordering the saffron red one piece from Athleta. The quality of their items seems really nice. I plan to bring it along with me to Lake Placid. The hotel we stay at has a great indoor pool and hot tub.

Lauri,

Have you ever played with paint chips?.. specifically, white paint chips?

If you go to a store like Lowe's or Home Depot, where they have all their paint chips on display and gather up a handful of white paint chips, when you look at any of those white paint chips in isolation from all the others, it will simply look white.

But, if you put one white paint chip against another white paint chip, you'll see that one of the chips may change color and become pink, yellow, blue, lilac, gray, beige… because in relation to each other, the undertone of the paint chip will gain more significance.

All fabric colors are like that. Standing alone, you might describe the color as Blue. Maybe a more descriptive, Dark Blue… or Navy Blue. But, it just looks Blue. In relation to another piece of fabric, the undertone of the Blue will take on more significance.

For our purposes, a blue that plays well in the warmth spectrum, has a greenish undertone… yellowish undertone… whereas a blue that plays well in the cool spectrum, has a purple undertone, red undertone, even gray undertone. When you try to figure out whether a color is warm or cool, it's the undertones that will determine where on that spectrum the color will fall. A blue that is warm plays really well with colors of turquoise, aqua, violet. A cool blue plays well with gray, silver, white.

What is your opinion about your blue?

On my monitor, although the green looked promising in the tops 2x2 pics, it's not coming across as playing well with my Color Cards in the picture. Kind of frustrating, but what happens when the camera gets involved with various lighting. Now, I'm not sure about it…..

I wonder how clear that salmon, peach is? I have a color like that on my Color Cards.

It will be interesting to get Anita's reaction.

Got it..look for green or yellow undertones of blue. I would need different blues next to "my" blue to really see the undertones.

Thanks for that!

Lauri

That green was a chiffon type fabric, from what I can see. It almost seems that if the fabric was heavier, the color would be more opaque but it's a bit sheer so it's throwing me off.

The peach shirt may be a tad thin also. Sometimes these work in real life, but for the purposes of a picture such as this, it's more difficult.

You know what's interesting? I just found the link to the dress I was talking about it. I think it may have been a prom dress, and the color is being referred to as blush? Sometimes, names can be confusing. I still love the dress, but...

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/xscape-embellished-metallic-halter-gown?ID=1786967&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=PAGEINDEX%3D2%26sp%3D2%26spc%3D105%26slotId%3D68%26kws%3Dxscape

Pam, do you find it hard to find truly bright fire colors?

I can never find earthy bathing suits, although I found a great brown one that is now too big. I ended up ordering the saffron red one piece from Athleta. The quality of their items seems really nice. I plan to bring it along with me to Lake Placid. The hotel we stay at has a great indoor pool and hot tub.

Yes, the yellowy green chiffon and the peach were from my daughters closet so they were not items I would normally choose. I was worried that the chiffon would not come across because the fabric is so sheer. My face looks lighter in that pic than the others..is that a clue to this puzzle or is it just the camera trying to adjust to that neonish color? Thanks for weighing in!

Lauri

c5ae1ee4-a652-4f1b-b535-fd443275d005_zpsewxnfhbo.jpg~original

I was told I was an autumn years ago by my first colorist, and I knew right away she was right (even though I promptly forgot and didn't pay any attention to color theory = continued wearing lots of black). I have been a happy EARTH girl ever since finding this lovely forum, which confirmed what I had been told and I've never had any doubts about my season. I am certainly not the best judge of what others are. But, I keep coming back to this photo of Lauri in purple and it makes me think she's an EARTH. Just my 2 cents. I'd be curious to see her in some of the deeper EARTH colors, especially teal blues or greens, and more purple.

Sally, except for the deepest winter, I enjoy having four seasons. I like the changes in wardrobe that go with the weather, for I like variety. I also like the rhythm it gives to the year.

Thanks everyone for missing me, and for liking my orange skirt! I have worn it practically every other day for two weeks. I get like that with some things, they just are fun and easy to wear and I get a bit obsessed with them.

Laurie, you've posted two dresses recently with a high neckline like a halter top. In my experience that can be a flattering look even with a chest because the width of your shoulders showing skin provides a nice balance and creates a nice line for the eye to follow, and a beautiful hourglass silhouette. I think you should experiment with it. It's a very different effect from a high jewel neck, which I don't find flattering on myself.

Melody, how is the foot doing? Anita, how is your knee -- you haven't talked at all about how your PT is going? Mousey, are you enjoying having DS back? And where is Barbara???

Lauri, I just want to say, good for you using your 50th to get in shape and make some positive changes. 50 was a turning point for me, too, in the best way, and I hope you enjoy it like I have. Sometimes it's not easy, but it is encouraging I think to feel that you're preparing yourself for a fun and healthy future.

I just found out we're going to Miami Beach for four days in September. Yay!

Good evening to everyone...

Laurie...first. I agree that Melody's shirt may be a bit bright for her, but just a bit. That shirt walks the line. I believe that in general, that shirt will be not clear enough to really flatter a Fire like my Mom...but maybe it would be clear enough for your daughter. KWIM? It may be right on the edge of too bright for Melody to be the BEST...but of all the photos that Melody has submitted...it is one of the best I have seen.

That's the kind of shirt that I wonder about a bit of tea staining? Just to take that extra edge off? But that thought seems to nit pick when we are trying to move forward.

Also...with the blurry nature of the photo...I'm not sure about the camera that is being used? And we all know how so many things can affect the way photos look? The shirt seemed to match so well to the one shirt that Mom and I have shared...I could relate the picture to that...and it seemed to follow through...

I just want to say that I get what you are saying.

And so everyone...please indulge me again here...because these shirts that Lauri has posted totally remind me of other shirts/scarves that I have seen IRL...and so I am thinking of these things as I look at these pictures.

And this is the best representation of what I see...(I hope you aren't upset Mom!):

PicMonkey%20Collage%20LauriMom_zpsmkwtkzx6.jpg

SO. Please let me explain. Lauri's bright coral shirt is totally reminding me of this one shirt that Mom had. Do you remember Mom, from Chico's? It wasn't Fire because it has that kind of not quite orange enough...and also it wasn't quite clear enough...BUT it was also a bit too bright and off for me too?

So I know that you will all think that I'm crazy here...but that not quite coral shirt isn't clear. It gives the appearance of being clear, but I don't think it is. This is the photo of Mom in that one green print that we ultimately determined wasn't Fire...remember this?

MomGreenColorParty_zpsyz8sdvus.jpg

It seems to blend...but maybe now we see that it isn't quite as clear as the others?

So I think that Lauri's coral shirt is like this...it may SEEM to be clear...but really, it kind of blends into Mom's green patterned shirt. It seems "equal" to her shirt. And the effect on her is kind of equal too. She isn't QUITE as gray as Mom...BUT...she's pretty grayed out.

And then we compare the peach shirt...which is very SOFT. But that doesn't mean it isn't clear. It has the effect as the very soft green sweater that Mom is wearing. It warmed up Lauri and brightened her up.

I think this peach shirt is like Debbie's scarf. OMG, Debbie, post of picture of you in that scarf!!!

The only thing about this shirt on Lauri, is that yeah, it is one of those sheer kind of shirts that isn't offering Lauri QUITE as much color as what would make her really sparkle. Just like the sweater on Mom. She has sparkled more than in this photo...but the effect of the color is evident in the comparison.

For me...this peach on Lauri reminds me of this post by Curt:

Best "Fire" Ladies:

FireLadies.jpg

Claire Danes, Emma Stone, January Jones

Warm Fire Pink/Coral, Warm Fire Peach, and Warm Fire Tomato Red

Stunning, stunning, stunning!

All of these Warm Fire ladies look spectacular in their warm fire season tones.

Emma Stone is my hands down winner, for the combination of skin, hair, makeup, and dress though...

All are great for them.

Remember this post from back in

Okay, so let me give some specific examples for FIREs here...

(If I get enough requests from other Elements - Earth, Air, Ice, then I'll add those to my blog for you all as well).

So for the FIREs here...

These are the Colors/Tones that have been in the stores the past few months that are your best colors:

CISpring2010FIRE.jpg

Bear in mind with this!

These are the basic color template - but each designer and manufacturer can end up with lighter, darker, brighter or muted versions of these colors/tones!

This is why you must use your Color Cards as a control system!

But, in general - you will have seen some version of this Warm Coral Tone and this Warm Turquoise Tone easily in most of the stores.

This is why it's been relatively easy to find those.

The bottom two colors (the lighter peach and the warm-ish blue) may or may not be great Fire colors in the actual final manufactured clothing in the stores.

It will all depend on that specific designer/manufacturer's specific dye-ing technique, the actual dye lot, the specific fabric that is used and whether it takes the color brighter or more muted, etc.

So, those bottom two colors are maybes, depending on the specific store, garment, or designer.

(They could end up more Earthy for the peach, and/or more Airy for the blue).

But, you won't know until you see it in person.

Moving on, starting now and through Fall and Winter to Spring, look for these:

CIFall2010FIRE.jpg

Note that you've still got Coral - it's just a brighter Coral...

You've still got a Blue/Turquoise - it's just a deeper blue/turquoise...

(remember those tricks I told you about the so-called "Think Tank" and they already decided three years ago that the economy would start getting better now, so people will slowly want to wear brighter clothing?

So, you've got the same Coral and Turquoise, but just a deeper/brighter version moving forward).

But, now they're adding some Gold and Warm Violet!

These are also most likely great for FIREs, but could also be good for EARTHs depending on the specific designer, manufacturer, fabric, dye lot!

Are you getting it more now?

Making sense?

I will recommend to FIREs to get those Warm Violets as you find them now, as they haven't been around for years - and I'm not sure how many more seasons they will be in the stores!

I'll explain that using my FIRE Greens as an example in an upcoming post!

Please note how two of these dresses are in these tones I said back in November to look out for coming up...

You can see these two peach/coral dresses are exactly what I said...

For Fire ladies, pay attention in the stores for now and the next few months, as these color/tones should be around for you to find!

You'll note that one of the possible Fire (but could be Earth) Tones coming up next!

So here we go.

Lauri...I'm still on the fence, but as I was before the eye picture...I'm leaning HEAVILY on FIRE.

I just think that we haven't seen you in a TRUE, Awesome, Fabulously Clear and Warm and Bright FIRE color that will make you absolutely SPARKLE.

I think this is true of most Fire people. I think, that as Mom said, you have never understood or seen yourself in quite that way...

Lauri...the picture of you in the blue/orange shirt is reminding me of Terri:

https://fireiceearthandair.wordpress.com/success-stories/

Just a bit washed out...

And I can't quite make the equivalent here:

PicMonkey%20Collage%20EarthorFire_zpskhyhduxp.jpg

But there just seems to be a bit more sparkle in that peach shirt than the blue.

So the big question is...

WHY? Is it because that peach really is Fire like? Or is it just that the peach is a better Earth than the blue?

So I see Margaret's post as I do my preview...for some people...this is really hard to see!!

Edited by Anita Latte

Lauri...here is a question that only you can answer...

And you may have to go digging through a lot of digital pictures...

Here's the lesson...

Earth skin looks thick. It has a "cloudy" aspect to it. Almost "oily" IMO when compared to the "drier" look of a clear skinned person. Earth skin, when next to Fire skin...has a not quite, but almost, gray look (almost). Fire next to Earth makes Earth skin look like someone pressed really hard with the crayon to really fill in all the corners...while Fire looks MOSTLY filled in. Fire looks like thinner skin.

Observe:

PicMonkey%20Collage%20Us_zpsljsdhdl1.jpg

Mom is Fire. I am Earth. Can you see in the two top photos how our skin photographs differently? Using my descriptive words?

In the lower left...that's ICE Dad, FIRE Mom, and me. Pink, Yellow, and, well, um, Gray? almost by comparison? Because I have this cloudy look compared to them? (That isn't the best Earth shirt...so my skin tone isn't the best it could be but the QUALITY of my skin is what I'm trying to show.)

And the lower right...that's DH and I. We are both Earth. See how he is more cloudy, more thick skinned like me? He's wearing black...which isn't the best Earth color...so again, his coloring isn't the best...but the quality of the skin is there.

Right now...Lauri...you remind me more of Mom than me:

PicMonkey%20Collage%20Ladies_zpsjmgmr96i.jpg

Only you can go through all your photos and do some research and see if you can see what I am trying to get you to see...look at those photos of you with other people...stare at the skin and see if you can see the difference between you and others...

Do you have more thick skin? Could you call it cloudy? Or are you more like Mom or Dad in photos? A descriptive word that I haven't quite landed on yet?

As DH says...well, it could just be the quality of the photo...yep...absolutely right...

Which is why, Lauri...this is now a research mission for you...going through some couple and group photos...trying to see what I'm trying to show you. How does your skin seem to be?

Are you photographing more like me? or Mom?

This will ultimately help to answer the question. IMO.

Because I look at your photos and have my own experience...Margaret has hers...we are both reminded of something that strongly influences our judgement...and this is all really hard to determine...so that's my new assignment for you.

And if you want some opinions on these thoughts...again...if you don't want to post photos of other people and you here...you can use my email...cc anita latte at gee mail dot com.

Edited by Anita Latte

Thanks again for all your help! I assume you had a ball at band last night? Do they do a marching band camp in August? What a fun time that always was!

When I look at your pictures of you and your Mom, I think my skin looks more like yours! Your Mom has that porcelain look to hers; her skin seems "thinner".

I can try to find some photos. As the family photographer, you know how hard that can be to find pics with you in it!

I was thinking though...we are both Kohls shoppers. I know you just made a few Earth purchases there. If you think those items on me would help you decide if I am Earth or Fire, why don't I order them? I could use a few new tops! If I don't like them or they do not fit, I can always return them. I could use some new basics! I could order a few that are definitely earth, and a few that are definitely fire and take more pictures! I have some Kohls cash to spend too.

Or are you so tired of this whole thing that I should just contact Curt to do my colors? Does he still do colors? I certainly do not mind the expense; it will be worth it in the long run.

I can certainly say nothing definitive has come of this, yet! None of the colors have Wowed! me. I am realizing how much my 49 year old face needs makeup and how I need to get some more weight off to firm up my neck! And I am glad I smile ALL THE TIME so I don't look like the photos I posted here! And the clothes that I thought looked good on me are maybe not so good. I have never in my life felt any of this negativity about my looks that I am currently feeling. Maybe its pre-menopausal hormones, maybe its just tough accepting the fact that I am getting older. More likely its the fact that I know I have not been putting my all into my fitness program and I should be further along than what I am. I am eating well, yes, but have not been on the rower for 2 weeks! Why is it we can so easily not live up to a promise that we have made to ourselves when I would never think of doing that to others?? Ok, done feeling sorry! On the rower when I get home!

Thanks Ladies for supporting me and trying to help me figure this one out!