Port Everglades Rental Shuttle Service Question

esquire20

• 2 weeks later...
This shuttle will actully take anyone to the airport.. our rental company actually told us to take it to FLL een though we were not renting on the way back...

They had us show our reservation papers to board on our recent trip....Some people were denied boarding by the driver and they were not happy..

We are arriving in fll at 5 am and renting a car from alamo for several hours before we get on our cruise...does anyone know if alamo has a shuttle that will take you to port everglades after the rental? Thanks

We are arriving in fll at 5 am and renting a car from alamo for several hours before we get on our cruise...does anyone know if alamo has a shuttle that will take you to port everglades after the rental? Thanks

Yes, Alamo and National at the airport have shuttles to the cruise terminals

They had us show our reservation papers to board on our recent trip....Some people were denied boarding by the driver and they were not happy..

Good. Glad to hear it. This service is for those who are renting and if people abuse this, I can see it being discontinued altogether in future.

What about from the air terminal in fort lauderdale to port Everglades?

I was told there is a shuttle service from the central car rental facility at FLL to Port Everglades. Do I have to rent from Alamo to get a free shuttle?

You have to rent from one of the companies which participate in the free shuttle. I know Budget does not. We had to take a cab, but no biggie.

You have to rent from one of the companies which participate in the free shuttle. I know Budget does not. We had to take a cab, but no biggie.

We are renting from budget next month. How much will a cab be and how far do we need to drag our bags and cases of wine to get to a cab?

Thanks for any advice

ML

We are renting from budget next month.

Well, our cab for 4 plus luggage was about $20, tip included. I think it was about 13 or 15 bucks on the meter and we just gave him 20. It is a very short distance and a quick drive. Have your passports in hand as the driver will ask for them to show the port security at checkpoint. We had ours but I can imagine others having them in their carry-ons in the trunk or something like that. :o

Well, our cab for 4 plus luggage was about $20, tip included. I think it was about 13 or 15 bucks on the meter and we just gave him 20. It is a very short distance and a quick drive. Have your passports in hand as the driver will ask for them to show the port security at checkpoint. We had ours but I can imagine others having them in their carry-ons in the trunk or something like that. :o

Thanks for the tip about passports! Can you tell me how far you have to walk to get from rental car return to cabs? or can hubby drop me off at cabs, turn in the car and walk back to meet me?

We will have 2 large suitcases, 2 boxes of wine and 2 carryons and would rather not have to drag them any further than needed!!

Thanks for any help

ML

Archived