Radiance of the Seas aft?

We are looking at the aft balconies on deck 10 versus those on deck 9 for the Radiance of the Seas. We are wondering about the privacy from the Windjammer above. This would be for a cruise to Alaska so we would expect that a lot of people will be standing right against the railing viewing the scenery. We can't tell from looking at the pictures of the aft whether the people in the Windjammer would be able to see straight down onto the balconies of deck 10 and if so, would it be the same for deck 9 or would you have more privacy if you were on deck 9? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We were on the Serenade last month. We had an aft balcony on deck 7. We also sat in the outdoor seating area of the Windjammer for every breakfast and lunch. From the railing in the Windjammer you can look down and see every aft balcony...but only the last foot or so of the balcony. You could only see people on their balcony if they are standing directly at the railing...take a step back and no one can see you. Deck 9 has no more privacy than Deck 10 but all the decks have privacy as long as you avoid standing right at the railing.

We are looking at the aft balconies on deck 10 versus those on deck 9 for the Radiance of the Seas. We are wondering about the privacy from the Windjammer above. This would be for a cruise to Alaska so we would expect that a lot of people will be standing right against the railing viewing the scenery. We can't tell from looking at the pictures of the aft whether the people in the Windjammer would be able to see straight down onto the balconies of deck 10 and if so, would it be the same for deck 9 or would you have more privacy if you were on deck 9? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been in both JS 1100 and D2 9256. In 1100, people from Windjammer can see you if you are at your railing, but not otherwise.

I now stick with 9256 (will be in it for a b2b in 29 days!) because there is no chair scraping noise from above and I also did not like getting drenched daily in 1100 when they hosed down the deck of the Windjammer above me, and my belongings and I took an unwanted shower every day.

Hope this helps!

Linda

I've been in both JS 1100 and D2 9256. In 1100, people from Windjammer can see you if you are at your railing, but not otherwise.

I now stick with 9256 (will be in it for a b2b in 29 days!) because there is no chair scraping noise from above and I also did not like getting drenched daily in 1100 when they hosed down the deck of the Windjammer above me, and my belongings and I took an unwanted shower every day.

Hope this helps!

Linda

My wife and I will be occupying 9256 right after you depart for the 4/11 sailing. I just booked this less than a month ago and couldn't believe this cabin was available. Everything I've read says it's a fantastic choice.

My wife and I will be occupying 9256 right after you depart for the 4/11 sailing. I just booked this less than a month ago and couldn't believe this cabin was available. Everything I've read says it's a fantastic choice.

Oh, I will take good care of it for you!! It really is blissful in 9256!

I guess you booked when the prices were down (I got a price adjustment just before final payment) Take another look-- prices went back up to original just yesterday!!

Linda

Another vote for 9256. We had it on Radiance back in Nov and currently have it booked for our next cruise. IMHO the best cabin on the ship for the money. HUGE balcony and pretty private from above unless you are standing right at the rail. No noise at all from the Windjammer and did I mention the outstanding view?:)

Oh, I will take good care of it for you!! It really is blissful in 9256!

I guess you booked when the prices were down (I got a price adjustment just before final payment) Take another look-- prices went back up to original just yesterday!!

Linda

Yes, fortunately I think I booked at the perfect time, because it's $300 more than I paid now. This is our honeymoon cruise and we were deciding between this cruise and the Carnival Legend 7 day, because my wife is running the Iron Girl half marathon in Clearwater on the 10th. When I saw that cabin at such a great price, I knew we had to go with the Radiance. Yeah, it's only 5 nights, but we added a couple of nights to our stay in Clearwater and that is a beautiful area.

The 9256 balcony should be just what we need after this New England winter!!

Yes, fortunately I think I booked at the perfect time, because it's $300 more than I paid now. This is our honeymoon cruise and we were deciding between this cruise and the Carnival Legend 7 day, because my wife is running the Iron Girl half marathon in Clearwater on the 10th. When I saw that cabin at such a great price, I knew we had to go with the Radiance. Yeah, it's only 5 nights, but we added a couple of nights to our stay in Clearwater and that is a beautiful area.

The 9256 balcony should be just what we need after this New England winter!!

The winter from HELL---

We had a JS aft 10th floor left hand side next to the GS. We felt it was very private. Our room flooded 2 different nights (wading in water near the bathroom, had to pull everything off the floor and they vacuumed it up. Kinda disrupted our trip (1 night I could understand). Not sure if others in that room on other sailings had issues. Aft was 100% the way to go for Alaska, but we will never book a JS again after that experience. I won't spend that kind of money for that experience. Not worth the gamble or poor service recovery. I am giving RCCL another chance (Sunday!) so I am hoping that was a fluke...a 2 different night kind of fluke.lol. Just investigate that "leak" before you book- otherwise awesome private view.

Karen

We were on Serenade in August and had 1104 and have no complaints at all. I never noticed a problem with people looking down at us at all, and even if they did it's like others have said, it would only be at the railing. We ate breakfast out on the balcony a good many mornings and it was awesome. We have this very same cabin for our Alaska cruise in July on Radiance and we can't wait to see the beautiful scenery in Alaska! Have a great cruise!

Hope this helps!

Linda

lol, we didn't realize that #1100 came with an outdoor shower... Didn't happen daily, but once was enough! Other than that, we loved this stateroom. ;)

lol, we didn't realize that #1100 came with an outdoor shower... Didn't happen daily, but once was enough! Other than that, we loved this stateroom. ;)

The first deluge "shower" I got scared the hell out of me!! And the funny thing was that they didn't power spray up at the Windjammer the same time every day, so I never knew when it was coming--LOL (Hello, 9256!!)

Linda

I've stayed in 1102, 1104 & 9256 on Radiance. Personally, I would pick 1102/1104 over 9256. The noise didnt really bother me,and the balcony on 9256, while big, is oddly shaped and the space is not as easily used.

We had a JS aft 10th floor left hand side next to the GS. Aft was 100% the way to go for Alaska, but we will never book a JS again after that experience. I won't spend that kind of money for that ex perience.

We have 8168 aft in July. Booked a year in advance in order to get this stateroom. Also can't believe the prices of this stateroom now. About three months ago, RCCL called and asked if they could upgrade us to a JS. We said we weren't interested, but may consider an upgrade to a GS. lol Seems someone doing a b2b wanted our cabin for their entire two weeks. Sorry, but we booked this a year in advance and no JS could compare.

Thanks for the shower warnings for 1100. We have it for our next cruise in June.

I had already read a caution about suet being on the deck furniture after idling in port for awhile. Perhaps the shower will wipe it all off for us. Ha!

It was 1102 that flooded. Sounds like it was a limited event or problem that hopefully they have corrected.

Karen

1602 was still having problems last month. I friend was in that JS last month and had issues.

Thanks for the shower warnings for 1100. We have it for our next cruise in June.

I had already read a caution about suet being on the deck furniture after idling in port for awhile. Perhaps the shower will wipe it all off for us. Ha!

Enjoy your cruise!

JS 1100 was not the only one with the unexpected shower. We are just off the Radiance yesterday, having a new favorite cabin in 9256, but we also were "showered" daily.

Looking up, I could see the wash towels going on the tables in the WJ. There was soapy water spraying all over our balcony near the railing.

Other than that...we loved our cabin with the great balcony. Very quiet at night also.

JS 1100 was not the only one with the unexpected shower. We are just off the Radiance yesterday, having a new favorite cabin in 9256, but we also were "showered" daily.

Looking up, I could see the wash towels going on the tables in the WJ. There was soapy water spraying all over our balcony near the railing.

Other than that...we loved our cabin with the great balcony. Very quiet at night also.

Thanks for the warning for when I embark in 27 days (but who's counting?) Hope you had a great time!

Linda

a new favorite cabin in 9256, but we also were "showered" daily.

I would have marched right up to WJ and informed the manager what was happening when the staff cleaned the tables and ask them to find a different direction to clean.

We had 9256 on the Jewel a couple years ago on a TA and loved it. Did not have any problem with the "oddly shaped" balcony at all.

Our next 3 cruises on Radiance class ships are all aft staterooms... 9256 (again) on the Jewel in May & September, and 1102 on the Radiance in April 2012.

Tim

We had 9256 on the Jewel a couple years ago on a TA and loved it. Did not have any problem with the "oddly shaped" balcony at all.

Our next 3 cruises on Radiance class ships are all aft staterooms... 9256 (again) on the Jewel in May & September, and 1102 on the Radiance in April 2012.

Tim

Tim,

How did you like 1102 on the Radiance? Is that a JS or a D2?

1102 is a D2. Haven't been in it yet. That cruise is in April of 2012. It will be our first D2 aft that isn't a corner aft balcony. Some people prefer the true aft cabins over the corner aft. We love the corner afts and I'm sure we'll enjoy the regular aft cabin as well.

Tim

Archived