Radiance of the Seas aft?

1102 is a D2. Haven't been in it yet. That cruise is in April of 2012. It will be our first D2 aft that isn't a corner aft balcony. Some people prefer the true aft cabins over the corner aft. We love the corner afts and I'm sure we'll enjoy the regular aft cabin as well.

Tim

Thanks! Yes, those look like they may be deeper, but not as wide. I love the panoramic view out the balcony with the wide open area. Not sure if that would cut down the light into the cabin with the straight shot view? Though any aft is better than no aft at all! ;)

Let us know what you think after you return, and happy cruising! :D

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I will be occupying 9256 right after you depart for the 4/11 sailing. I just booked this less than a month ago and couldn't believe this cabin was available. Everything I've read says it's a fantastic choice.

My wife and I have 9256 for the April 18th sailing of Radiance out of Tampa. It sounds like that is right after you!

We booked over a year ago!

Tiredol6

We have it for the April 30 Panama Canal cruise. :)

Lucky YOU!! Congrats on snagging that cabin! :D

Is that the repositioning cruise? I sure would have loved to be on that, but it was too tight of a schedule for our upcoming Hawaii vacation.

Even better to have our favorite cabin!! How wonderful to be able to view the locks from both sides when you slide through the canal! The bridge of Americas will seem very close as you go under!

Have a great time, as she is a beautiful ship. We loved our 10 night, as our first time aboard her.

Lucky YOU!! Congrats on snagging that cabin! :D

Is that the repositioning cruise? I sure would have loved to be on that, but it was too tight of a schedule for our upcoming Hawaii vacation.

Even better to have our favorite cabin!! How wonderful to be able to view the locks from both sides when you slide through the canal! The bridge of Americas will seem very close as you go under!

Have a great time, as she is a beautiful ship. We loved our 10 night, as our first time aboard her.

Yes....15 wonderful nights sailing from Tampa to San Diego. She's a favorite of ours too and we'll definitely enjoy viewing the locks from a different perspective.

lol, we didn't realize that #1100 came with an outdoor shower... Didn't happen daily, but once was enough! Other than that, we loved this stateroom. ;)

Well, that gives me something to think about! :eek:

I have 1104 on Radiance Sept 2 ... should I ask at the desk when they will be doing the hosing so I am not out there? I am also a little concerned about the noise above, but most people on CC assured me it would be ok. I really hope it is. I live in a condo and the girl above me is extremely noisy. (it is not uncommon to hear her cleaning her closet at 2am :eek:) ... I was kind of hoping to get a break from that.

We’ve been in 9256, 1102 and 1104 on the Radiance class ships. The only time we had a minor issue was going through the Canal. The folks at the Windjammer rail seemed to want to chat and we were not able to hear the commentary. I’m not sure that folks realize just how much a voice carries.

We really like the aft (or corner aft) cabins and have been fortunate to book them for several cruises.

M

Well' date=' that gives me something to think about! :eek:

I have 1104 on Radiance Sept 2 ... should I ask at the desk when they will be doing the hosing so I am not out there? I am also a little concerned about the noise above, but most people on CC assured me it would be ok. I really hope it is. I live in a condo and the girl above me is extremely noisy. (it is not uncommon to hear her cleaning her closet at 2am :eek:) ... I was kind of hoping to get a break from that.[/quote']

You can ask, but Guest Relations wasn't even aware of the 'showers'. And cruisegal3 mentioned in this thread that the power spray didn't occur at the same time every day... Regarding noise concerns, I only heard a cart rolling up there once during the night for a few moments. Noise wasn't an issue for us at all and we loved everything about this stateroom.

Thanks for the shower warnings for 1100. We have it for our next cruise in June.

I had already read a caution about suet being on the deck furniture after idling in port for awhile. Perhaps the shower will wipe it all off for us. Ha!

We've had 1100 a few times, and it's a fabulous cabin. We seldom heard anything from above and never got wet. The amount of soot (;)) from the engines was negligible, although it was a bit of a shock, since Radiance didn't have the diesel engines the first few times we sailed on her.

JS 1100 was not the only one with the unexpected shower. We are just off the Radiance yesterday, having a new favorite cabin in 9256, but we also were "showered" daily.

Looking up, I could see the wash towels going on the tables in the WJ. There was soapy water spraying all over our balcony near the railing.

Other than that...we loved our cabin with the great balcony. Very quiet at night also.

I would have marched right up to WJ and informed the manager what was happening when the staff cleaned the tables and ask them to find a different direction to clean.

I would have asked them to be a little more considerate, too. I know they work hard and it's the quickest way to do it, but I think it's unacceptable to be doing it during the day when passengers are likely to be out enjoying their balconies.

Yes....15 wonderful nights sailing from Tampa to San Diego. She's a favorite of ours too and we'll definitely enjoy viewing the locks from a different perspective.

Wish I were going with you!! :)

Will be looking for one of those treasured aft cabins when the 2012 bookings open for Alaska and of course will have to be fast to get 9256! :eek: :)

Have a wonderful time! :D

Hello all:

Is anyone recently off Radiance that might know if there are still lounge chairs on the larger balconies. We have 9256 corner aft in 2 weeks and are looking forward to the balcony and lounge chairs but there is another thread talking about RCCL taking the lounge chairs off the balconies.

Thanks

Tiredol6

I was in #1104 several yaers ago and it was a great D2 room. Close to the top deck and such a quiet room. Bit disappointed that one of the glass balcony panels was messed up, but no doubt that maybe it has been replaced. Still have the pic of seagulls landing on the back railing while we sailed away. The deck is very deep and plenty of room for private sunbathing. No issues from the top deck that I can remember. Happy sailng on a GREAT ship.

Brett

Not only did we have 1104 for Serenade in August for our Southern Caribbean cruise but also have that same cabin booked for Radiance this July in Alaska. We booked this upcoming one on April 18 of 2010 for our July 2011 cruise. We knew if we were going to Alaska we would want an aft balcony to be able to view both sides of the inside passage. The views from center aft are incredible and we are so excited to be doing this. Having had this cabin on Serenade we can say we had nothing but incredible experiences there. Never had a "shower" (or perhaps we weren't in the cabin when it happened) and never heard noises. We are looking forward to our first experience on Radiance and being on it shortly after it's drydock "re-do".

We do hope the lounge chairs remain. We have always enjoyed having them on that huge balcony. Not sure how much we will get to enjoy them in Alaska, with it's cooler weather. But if it isn't too chilly it would be nice to relax on them after all day excursions. The longer daylight hours will give us more time to sit back and enjoy the view. :)

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I'm still stuck trying to decide whether it would be better to have 9256 or if it would be worth paying the extra for 1100. I guess I can't rationalize paying that much extra for some extra space but it sure would be nice. I probably wouldn't even consider paying that much more if it weren't for Alaska which will just be a dream cruise for both of us. If anyone can help me convince myself, please do so :D.

Hello all:

Is anyone recently off Radiance that might know if there are still lounge chairs on the larger balconies. We have 9256 corner aft in 2 weeks and are looking forward to the balcony and lounge chairs but there is another thread talking about RCCL taking the lounge chairs off the balconies.

Thanks

Tiredol6

Radiance last month, cabin #9256 had just two upright chairs and a small table.

I am pretty sure that if we wanted a lounger or two (and there is a LOT of room for them along with the chairs and table) that we could have asked for them from cabin attendant.

I like the upright chairs, but don't sit much anyway, and the DH said he was fine with just the chairs...so we did not bother to ask. Was only a 5 night trip, but would want the loungers for a longer trip.

Archived