"Coffee Card" Spotted on Daily!!

RBAlbany

I've asked before and was content with the answer until this! Dailies posted from the 2/13 - 2/20 Jewel cruise noted on the first day that a coffee card and thermos could be purchased from the Java Cafe. Can someone please explain. The Princess coffee card on our cruise 2 years ago was a highlight of the cruise. Knowing you could get good quality coffee anytime without being charged everytime was so convenient. I'm not looking for lattees, etc. Just good coffee that is easy to get.

I've asked before and was content with the answer until this! Dailies posted from the 2/13 - 2/20 Jewel cruise noted on the first day that a coffee card and thermos could be purchased from the Java Cafe. Can someone please explain. The Princess coffee card on our cruise 2 years ago was a highlight of the cruise. Knowing you could get good quality coffee anytime without being charged everytime was so convenient. I'm not looking for lattees, etc. Just good coffee that is easy to get.

Ooooohhh, I would be all over that. I hope they have something similar on the Star. I didn't see any on the Sun in January.

I had mentioned back in mid November after our most recent cruise that a coffee card was available on the Jewel.

I suspect it wouldn't be a worthwhile purchase unless you're buying fancy coffee drinks such as cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc.

You can get good coffee at no additional charge in the Jewel's buffet if you find the machines that used to dispense complimentary cappuccino and espresso when they were offered. I think one was located near the front entrance and one near the back, but I might be mistaken, as I'm not the coffee drinker in the house, my wife is.

Yes they had the coffee card on the Jewel in January, but I passed on it.

It was only for cappuccino or a latte, small or medium only. I think it was something like $29 for 10. Truthfully it doesn't save you much because of the sizes you can get.

I liked the Caramel Macchiato's they had and always ordered a large. (not available on the card)

I know some say that the card includes the 15% service charge so that you are paying less, but I don't count pennies when buying good coffee. To me for the limited choices and sizes it wasn't a good deal.

Just go to the Java Cafe and ask about it. You can purchase it right there.

I think my sister also purchasd this on the Jewel. I did not see it on the Epic in January or she would have gotten it again. She likes it!

We are going on Epic in May and I am very interested to find out if they served free cappuccino & espresso in the dining room.

About two years ago we could get free specialty coffee in the dining room on the Jewel, but somebody told me it's not the case any more.

How about Epic? Do they have those fancy coffee machines in the buffet area?

We are going on Epic in May and I am very interested to find out if they served free cappuccino & espresso in the dining room.

About two years ago we could get free specialty coffee in the dining room on the Jewel, but somebody told me it's not the case any more.

NCL discontinued free cappuccino and espresso on all its ships months before the Epic was launched, so there's no reason to think they are free on the Epic.

NCL discontinued free cappuccino and espresso on all its ships months before the Epic was launched, so there's no reason to think they are free on the Epic.

Thank you for the straight answer. Too bad it's not the answer I wanted to hear.:( It does not surprise me at all, getting anything extra for free on NCL was really out of character for them.:eek:

As of last May you could get "free" cappuccino's or latte's in Specialty restaurants. I put free in "" because of course you are paying for the Specialty restaurant. lol

On my cruise in January this unfortunately wasn't available any longer.

In each Specialty restaurant we ate at, there was an extra charge for our cappuccino or espresso.

But, each time we ordered, the coffee was well made and very hot.

I just saw that on one of the Daily's too and was wondering what it was.

So regular old, plain old coffee (good or bad) is included, but the "coffee" card is for cappacinos and Lattes?

And just as an aside...

Do they have those little coffee pots in the rooms?

For the Jewel, the delux expresso machine is still in the suite.

For balcony cabins, they provide a hot water electric pot for tea & instant, powdered Maxwell coffee & Sanka decaf.

Oceanview & inside cabins get none - only the ice bucket.

No insulated coffee pot - but one can get & kept the one brought by Room Service .... ;)

• 11 months later...
For the Jewel, the delux expresso machine is still in the suite.

For balcony cabins, they provide a hot water electric pot for tea & instant, powdered Maxwell coffee & Sanka decaf.

Oceanview & inside cabins get none - only the ice bucket.

No insulated coffee pot - but one can get & kept the one brought by Room Service .... ;)

No insulated coffee pot - but one can get & kept the one brought by Room Service.

Totally do the same thing

Ya NCL is nickel and diming people in speciality restaurants who already pay a cover charged and now have to pay for coffee which is was free before.

You don't pay for coffee. You pay for specialty drinks, latte, mocha etc. Been that way for a while now. On our last three NCL cruises coffee at the coffee shop and pastry is free. The only charge is for the special stuff.:rolleyes:

The coffee on Princess was awe full and is always a complaint on their boards. I haven't read any complaints about coffee on the NCL board so am assuming it must be pretty good.

One thing I liked on Carnival was they also had hot chocolate at the buffet so I mixed half coffee with hot chocolate and it was great. Does NCL have hot chocolate at Buffet?

The coffee on Princess was awe full and is always a complaint on their boards. I haven't read any complaints about coffee on the NCL board so am assuming it must be pretty good.

One thing I liked on Carnival was they also had hot chocolate at the buffet so I mixed half coffee with hot chocolate and it was great. Does NCL have hot chocolate at Buffet?

Yes...hot chocolate is available at the buffet.

On any of the ships that used to have free lattes, cappuccinos, etc: If you can find one of the "old machines" with the "bean" canisters on top, these will have the fresh roasted coffee - DH always went to those machines. This was about a year ago.

They had the machines but I never tried them as I did not know how to use them. I asked a couple people and got nowhere...

So, how does one use them, please?

Archived