NCL sun, embarkation in Compenhagen, what to expect

I read reviews of the Sun from last year, and it seems that the Sun was on a different itinerary. I've found a website explaining what dock the Sun will leave from. It appears that the Copenhagen port area is complicated and large.

How hard is it for taxi drivers to find the correct dock for a certain ship?

How efficient is the Embarkation process in Copenhagen?

What facilities are available in the port area where you get on the ship?

What time does embarkation start for the Sun's 5 pm departure?

Thank you.

If you are in port on june 6 you will be at Levantkaj pier (quay number 263), this pier is only used 2 times this year so don´t expect a top modern terminal.

Or else it would be the regular Orientkaj where the cruise terminal is located.

Cruise list 2011

http://www.cmport.com/Ships%20in%20Port/Cruise%20Ships/download.aspx

Terminal map with quay numbers.

http://www.cmport.com/Maps/Copenhagen/~/media/Docs/MAPS%20AND%20ROUTES%206/Map%202010/Copenhagen%20Map%20with%20quay%20numbers_Freeport_Fairway.ashx

Last year it was a 12 day from Dover but otherwise the ports are the same and 1 or 2 less sea days this year.

The previous poster gave specifics, but in general, there is a terminal close to downtown and one farther out. NCL Sun docked in the farther out one and you would have to take a bus/taxi to get to it.

There won't be much info until they start the trips in May.

But was is june 6.

If it´s not you will be docked at the freeport terminal that offers all needed for a problem free arrival or departure and taxi drivers know where to find it but be sure that he/she will not take you to the other cruise pier at Langelinie Pier.

The port area itself is placed in a industrial area but at the nearby Nordhavn station you will find a kiosk and a discount supermarked.

I can´t answer the last question.

• 1 year later...

hi folks,

what about the SUN embarkation from Copenhagen at Juni 18th 2012?

On the NCL-edoc I only can find "Freeport", but I've seen that the Frihavn (Freeport) is not really a nice area (because of industry) - so how can we find the right quay :confused: when we'll go from our pre-cruise-hotel "best western hotel city" (near to "kongens nytorv" and nyhavn) by public bus 26 or by s-train to the freeport terminal.

Or is it better to go by taxi (how much would this be :confused:) or even by hoho-bus (which has a station at the port somewhere)?

greetings from austria

chipsy57

The Freeport terminal might be in an industrial area, but it is easy to find. The taxi driver knew exactly how to get there. The terminal is also near the train, with explicit signs to tell you where to go. We arrived early directly from the airport, the security guard put out some folding chairs for the early birds to wait until it opened. Once it opened it was 1,2,3 you are on the ship. Perhaps around 11:00 a.m.

Archived