Alcohol packages

Just been on the RCI site and under Gold Anchor news they are advertising packages to make your cruise all inclusive.

Prices $29 for all beers Draft and bottle and all wines by the glass

$39 to include above plus spirits and cocktails

$49 for premium.

Sounds good but a few ? how is this working on Celebrity? I have worked out that if you buy 1 package at $29 and 1at $39 for a 14nt cruise you would have to spend over £15 to break even. Easy done if you can get wine by the glass in the dining room.

Any thoughts, is this a worthwhile investment? what restrictions are there?

At the moment it is only on Independence an two other ships in the Med.

Am I missing anything here or does this sound like a good idea?

Just been on the RCI site and under Gold Anchor news they are advertising packages to make your cruise all inclusive.

$49 for premium.

Sounds good but a few ? how is this working on Celebrity? I have worked out that if you buy 1 package at $29 and 1at $39 for a 14nt cruise you would have to spend over £15 to break even. Easy done if you can get wine by the glass in the dining room.

Sorry forgot to mention I was adding a soda package and dividing the total cost by 3

$49 for premium.

Is that per day? Either way, sign me up. I don't see gold anchor news on the site.

Alcohol drink packages...Other than just wine..Don't see it... Also doesn't seems like something RCI would just slip in on the down low without lot's of advertisement...:confused:

Is that per day? Either way, sign me up. I don't see gold anchor news on the site.

That would have to be per day. I was on a Celebrity cruise and we loved it. It was great to not have to worry about anything and if we didn't like something we just got another. I'm not sure if we broke even or not but the convenience was great. I wish RCCL would implement if fleetwide.

New Alcoholic Beverage Packages

As an enhancement to Royal Caribbean International’s beverage program, we are excited to announce the launch of three Beverage Package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday

Beverage packages are only available to book onboard on the following ships:

Independence of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Grandeur of the Seas - available from 13th March 2011

Legend of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Our customers will be able to enjoyable paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices

Beer Package:In this package customers can enjoy all beer brands onboard, by draft, can or bottle and house wines by the glass. Price: $29.00 per guest, per day

Classic Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as a list of spirits; brand names include Smirnoff, Beefeater and Johnny Walker and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $39.00 per guest, per day.

Premium Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the classic package as well as a list of premium spirits; brand names include Absolute, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker Black and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $49.00 per guest, per day.

All above prices include gratuities and are based on per guest per day basis.

ooooh that would be perfect for dh. he's a beer drinker and would love something like that. i hope this is something they start implementing fleet-wide soon. this will be our first cruise with rccl, but seeing how restrictive they seem to be about brining any drinks on board, we were looking at other lines for our first big family cruise.

That was kinda mean getting my hopes all up for my cruise next month on the Freedom.

I agree it would be cool if they did this fleetwide; but I'd be surprised if they did because it seems like too good of a deal (at least for me ;))

Hi Liz

How come only these three ships? we are on Brilliance in July. Do you know if there are any plans to expand to other ships?

Anne

Hi Anne :D

Sorry don't know why only the 3 ships :confused: this was the first I had heard about the Packages.

New Alcoholic Beverage Packages

As an enhancement to Royal Caribbean International’s beverage program, we are excited to announce the launch of three Beverage Package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday

Beverage packages are only available to book onboard on the following ships:

Independence of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Grandeur of the Seas - available from 13th March 2011

Legend of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Our customers will be able to enjoyable paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices

Beer Package:In this package customers can enjoy all beer brands onboard, by draft, can or bottle and house wines by the glass. Price: $29.00 per guest, per day

Classic Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as a list of spirits; brand names include Smirnoff, Beefeater and Johnny Walker and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $39.00 per guest, per day.

Premium Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the classic package as well as a list of premium spirits; brand names include Absolute, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker Black and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $49.00 per guest, per day.

All above prices include gratuities and are based on per guest per day basis.

:cool:I did notice no RUM on this list. That probably leaves out the Drink of the Day, and after dinner drinks which has cordials. Best option would be for beer drinkers. Personally---I love rum on cruses:cool:

:cool:I did notice no RUM on this list. That probably leaves out the Drink of the Day, and after dinner drinks which has cordials. Best option would be for beer drinkers. Personally---I love rum on cruses:cool:

FYI at least the middle and premium pkg on Celebrity offer rum drinks (Capt. Morgan). I would be suprised if it wasn't included on RCI's selection as well. Rum is probably the least expensive spirit.

Those aren't full lists, I would be really surprised if they didn't have some rums in both of the liquor packages.

Archived