Removing "per charge items" from stateroom

jdoc2010

Does anyone know the protocol or policy to have the "per charge" items removed from the stateroom? ie the 3.00 water and 1.75 cans of coke.

We are travelling with 2 young children and they may be tempted to crack one open.

You can ask your steward to do it. I'd heard of people on here doing it, but had never considered it. When we were on our cruise in December, we were charged for one of those items. Guest Services helped out with removing the charge and notifying our steward to remove them.

Does anyone know the protocol or policy to have the "per charge" items removed from the stateroom? ie the 3.00 water and 1.75 cans of coke.

We are travelling with 2 young children and they may be tempted to crack one open.

If you are in an inside cabin without a fridge, the water and soda is on the counter. Just put them in the closet on the shelf above the safe out of reach of the little ones. Be sure to tell your cabin steward so he does not charge you for them and put more of them on the counter! :)

It's worse than you thought - the $3 water is now $3.95 and that $1.75 coke is now $1.95. And they add 15% on top of that for restocking!

On the Dream in January and also on the Freedom last January, our room steward said he could not remove the items for us. He said he was not allowed to do so but said we could if we wanted to. We took everything out and put it in one of the drawers under the sofa and then used the fridge for our own soda and water. The last night we just put all the stuff back.

If you are in an inside cabin without a fridge, the water and soda is on the counter. Just put them in the closet on the shelf above the safe out of reach of the little ones. Be sure to tell your cabin steward so he does not charge you for them and put more of them on the counter! :)

Good idea! I think I may leave a note where the items were located to let the cabin steward know where they are located now. My last few cruises was without kids and I only caught a glimpse of our steward once.

On the Dream in January and also on the Freedom last January, our room steward said he could not remove the items for us. He said he was not allowed to do so but said we could if we wanted to. We took everything out and put it in one of the drawers under the sofa and then used the fridge for our own soda and water. The last night we just put all the stuff back.[/quote

I left a note for the steward to please remove the items from the cabin. I needed the counter space. He did it. I think it was on a Carnival cruise, but maybe it was one of the others.

what are the dimensions of the fridge? I ask because I was thinking of bringing on some Almond Milk to put in there.

Just be careful.

The "fridges" in the cabins keep things COOL not COLD.

Personally I like my milk COLD, like my full sized fridge at home.

I would never consider keeping milk in there.

The sodas I tried to keep in there once were not even cold enough to drink, without adding some ice.

Bill

On the Dream in January and also on the Freedom last January, our room steward said he could not remove the items for us. He said he was not allowed to do so but said we could if we wanted to. We took everything out and put it in one of the drawers under the sofa and then used the fridge for our own soda and water. The last night we just put all the stuff back.

why couldn't he do it? Because he was too busy and didn't have time? or Because he was told by his supervisor not to do it? This question might seem silly but if the former is true...then he wasn't a very good steward....if the latter is true..then it is obvious the crew management team is very irritating.

Just be careful.

The "fridges" in the cabins keep things COOL not COLD.

Personally I like my milk COLD, like my full sized fridge at home.

I would never consider keeping milk in there.

The sodas I tried to keep in there once were not even cold enough to drink, without adding some ice.

Bill

The soda we brought on board with us and kept in the fridge was just shy of being slushy. So ours was plenty cold! :D

The first thing we do is ask the room steward to remove them when they have time and then we empty it and place the contents on a shelf out of the way and tell them where we will put it. It is not an issue so feel free to do that. The embarkation day is very busy for them so no need to wait.

The top shelf in the closet may be the place to put them if the children can't reach it but there are other places.

On Carnival Pride Feb '11, we asked if we could remove the stuff from the fridge and put our own in, the steward said that he could do it and it was empty the next time we came back to the room.

It was true though...it keeps stuff "cool" not cold...we used iced to drink our sodas.

why couldn't he do it? Because he was too busy and didn't have time? or Because he was told by his supervisor not to do it? This question might seem silly but if the former is true...then he wasn't a very good steward....if the latter is true..then it is obvious the crew management team is very irritating.

I had the same experience on the Dream. The steward told us he was not permitted to remove the stuff because there really wasn't enough room to store it. He advised us to just put it all in a drawer.

I also agree that on the Dream, the minibar was more of a "cooler" than a refrigerator. I wouldn't use it for anything perishable.

The soda we brought on board with us and kept in the fridge was just shy of being slushy. So ours was plenty cold! :D

Your's must have been broke. I can assure you that your experience was definitely not the norm!

Archived