Best time to book a Mediterranean cruise for May 2012?

I was wondering when the best time to book a Mediterranean cruise for May 2012. We were looking into the Epic w/NCL any suggestions? I don't see that any other cruise lines have their dates up. We will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary and would like to make sure we have a nice cruise.

You can book whenever the ship is opened for booking, put the deposit, and watch the price. If the price goes down (before you pay in full) call them to adjust your invoice.

If the price goes down after you paid in full, well, you are lucky if they give you on-board credit, but it never hurts to call!

You can book whenever the ship is opened for booking, put the deposit, and watch the price. If the price goes down (before you pay in full) call them to adjust your invoice.

If the price goes down after you paid in full, well, you are lucky if they give you on-board credit, but it never hurts to call!

That s what we do. You get the cabin you want and can still benefit from price drops.

Kirk

• 4 months later...
I was wondering when the best time to book a Mediterranean cruise for May 2012. We were looking into the Epic w/NCL any suggestions? I don't see that any other cruise lines have their dates up. We will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary and would like to make sure we have a nice cruise.

We are celebrating our 30th anniversary as well. We have booked our trip on Celebrity Solstice 12 day mediterrain out of Barcelona, sail date is May 23, 2012. We just booked our trip about 2 weeks ago.

I don't see that any other cruise lines have their dates up.

Most cruiseline have their "dates up" as you put it well into 2012 some even to 2013.

Keep looking

As for booking ...do it sooner than later

You get to choose the cabin, location you want & not get the leftovers

The dates are up for many cruises into 2013. We have booked for July on Liberty of the Seas Med cruise. Our first cruise for over 30 years! Took us that long to 'recover' from it - but things have changed, a lot!

The longer you wait to book the higher the pricing can escalate. We booked our Med cruise 18 months out and saw the prices climb and climb and climb before cabins started selling out. I say book now if you want a particular type of cabin.

If you want total luxury for a cheap price - book Yacht Club on MSC - you get a suite with a butler, all your drinks and totally spoilt for a week in the Med. With MSC the earlier you book the cheaper the price - the suites sell out very quickly too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived