Cooking Class pre-registration?

mamacol

Hi,

I'm on the Nieuw Amsterdam next week, and I would love to take part in a cooking class. I was trying to find the area of the HAL website that would allow me to book, but i couldn't find one.

Also, the teen cooking demo sounds fun for my daughter. How can I register her for that?

Thanks for your help!

You can call Ship's Services to reserve a spot in the cooking classes. They won't be able to tell you the schedule of the classes but you can prepay. You will receive a voucher in your room and then you can sign up for the class at the front desk after you board. You can also wait to sign up until you board but we prefer to prepay. Our teen boys participated in a class last May and loved it. My son is going with me on a cruise this May and he has already told me to sign up again!BTW - our boys participated in the adult cooking class. The teen activities -Loft- will be on a daily program you will receive in your room daily.

Diane

You can call Ship's Services to reserve a spot in the cooking classes. They won't be able to tell you the schedule of the classes but you can prepay. You will receive a voucher in your room and then you can sign up for the class at the front desk after you board. You can also wait to sign up until you board but we prefer to prepay. Our teen boys participated in a class last May and loved it. My son is going with me on a cruise this May and he has already told me to sign up again!BTW - our boys participated in the adult cooking class. The teen activities -Loft- will be on a daily program you will receive in your room daily.

Diane

another thing I have learned on cruise critic :) Thanks Diane - I didn't know this and will take advantage of it for my cruise too :D:D

Jacqui

Thanks for the tip - I will definitely call Ship's Services. Do you remember if they are on sea days? Or a ball-park cost?

How old were your boys when they took the class? My daughter is 13, but has been cooking with me for a few years now and the Cooking Channel is her favorite one ;). I would guess she would get quite a lot out of the adult class.

Can't wait, and thanks again!

Colleen

Thanks for the tip - I will definitely call Ship's Services. Do you remember if they are on sea days? Or a ball-park cost?

How old were your boys when they took the class? My daughter is 13, but has been cooking with me for a few years now and the Cooking Channel is her favorite one ;). I would guess she would get quite a lot out of the adult class.

Can't wait, and thanks again!

Colleen

Our boys were 17 and 19. There is a minimum age - it is 15 according to HAL's website. They did allow my daughter - age 10 - to participate because the class happened to be just our family. Because the cooking class was on a port day (due to scheduling conflicts with other events in the same space) no one else had signed up. She was absolutely thrilled! She also participated in the kids cooking class which was free.

Diane

Archived