Royal Princess it is!

JanieCaper

Have you guys seen the interiors on the Azura and Ventura? They are sleek and modern. You'd never know that they were based on the Crown. I really think they're beautiful.

Oh my... you are quite correct. Very different than traditional Princess style.

http://www.pocruises.com/Cruise-Ships/Azura/VirtualTour/2010-2011/

The Brits really have modern and different taste from North Americans based on that ship's design. Although I love the newest interiors on the most recent Princess ships, I would really like them to move their design direction to something a bit more updated and modern. Actually, if they did cabins as they have done the new window suites that would be a great start.

The Brits really have modern and different taste from North Americans based on that ship's design. Although I love the newest interiors on the most recent Princess ships, I would really like them to move their design direction to something a bit more updated and modern. Actually, if they did cabins as they have done the new window suites that would be a great start.

I did some searching and found pictures of the window suites:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570777843WBexeH

A whole ship in those colors would be a nice update. Not quite as nice as the Celebrity interiors (don't jump on me - I still like Princess better for food and service, but the new Celebrity ships are gorgeous.)

Oh, and if someone at Princess is reading this - a friend of ours who is handicapped just sailed on his first Celebrity cruise. He REALLY appreciated that all of the doors opened as you approached them. And that his handicapped cabin door opened automatically when he put his key card in.

Oh... and as I was perusing their cabin choices, they also have cabins for singles.

http://www.pocruises.com/Cruise-Ships/Azura/Ship-Staterooms/

Please Princess!... single cabins would be great, possibly like the single cabin complex on the Epic. Pretty please! :p

Oh... and as I was perusing their cabin choices, they also have cabins for singles.

http://www.pocruises.com/Cruise-Ships/Azura/Ship-Staterooms/

Please Princess!... single cabins would be great, possibly like the single cabin complex on the Epic. Pretty please! :p

Well, not like the Epic. But the ones on P&O look nice. Remember, the old Island and Pacific had a couple single cabins -- I got upgraded to one. They were on the Promenade Deck -- long and narrow but with a big bathroom (I recall a tub!). The problem is, Princess would probably still price them at a percentage premium over the per person double rate for similar cabins; that's what Cunard and World of Discovery do with their single cabins. It's discouraging . . . sigh.

Unfortunately, it looks as if this ship has no wraparound outdoor promenade. It's missing on a lot of newer ships, so I suppose it's a trend. The lines probably realized that a promenade takes up a lot of square footage and generates ZERO revenue (maybe that's why it's one of my favorite places...). I, for one, will miss it.

I absoloutely agree, that was the thing that really struck me. On our last cruise we docked right next to the new Celebrity Solstice. It had tiny little areas for promenade but not a complete promenade deck. We love the promenade deck and will really miss it. I also don't like the look of the back of the ship. i love the fact that princess ships in the main are flat backed, meaning you are not overlooking balconies when you stand aft. Minor things i guess but do impact on the overall crusie experience. time will tell and it will be good to get feedback from the first intrepid cruisers

I, too, like the flat back of the aft of older Princess ships but we're just off the Royal Princess and had a cabin on the aft. The aft of the Royal is angled but on her you DID have privacy. If you stood at the railing you could see other balconies and they could see you. But if you sat down you had total privacy.

I have read that's not the case on the Solstice so I guess it depends on just how the ship is built.

I was on a cruise when Princess released the video about the Royal, so I missed most of the excitement here. I did get a chance to watch the video last week, but I'm not terribly impressed by the innovations so far. An island-themed pool and cantilevered walkway don't interest me too much, nor are they really creative. I'll reserve final judgment until all the plans are complete and we have the full picture. I will give Princess credit for going for a new design, and not yet another permutation of the Grand class.

To me, Royal Princess looks like a blend of Celebrity's S-class and Oasis. Overall look of the ship and tiered aft balconies are similar to S-class, while the cantilevered walkway, lifeboat position, and aft piece all remind me of RCI signature designs. I'm surprised Princess has chosen to do the tiered aft balconies, as they have gotten mixed reviews on S-class (privacy issues, dirt from funnel, etc.) I do like the aft look better than the abruptly chopped off end of the Grand class, though.

I look forward to hearing more about the Royal, and will be especially interested in seeing her Europe itineraries when they're released.

We think a company has to be competitive . Don't know if we want to go on such a large ship. however it is an appropriate name. The tug boat that had that beautiful name before should never been called anything ROYAL.

and she isnt complete until May 2013 pretty pointless to move her to the Caribbean

Oh, I'm sure she'll sail the summer of 2013 in the Mediterranean and then reposition for a season in the Caribbean...

• 2 months later...
Oh, I'm sure she'll sail the summer of 2013 in the Mediterranean and then reposition for a season in the Caribbean...

Does Princess have advanced booking previews for past guests like Celebrity does? I'll be booking her just as soon as the inventory is released. I hear maybe Spring 2012? Less than a year away! I hope they release more details soon.

Archived