Meet & Mingle

lakes15

Setting up a M&G on Princess is very simple. Just an email or call to the person for your ship.
Even though you can do this, and it's simple, it's not the same as with RCCL or Celebrity. Even HAL, which is arranged like Princess, provides not just a meeting place but beverages, hors d'oeurvres, etc. and arranges for the Captain, CD, and senior officers to attend without having to email them and beg.

Setting up a M&G on Princess is very simple. Just an email or call to the person for your ship.

When you say just an email or call to the person for your ship, who are you referring to? Someone at Princess, someone on the ship or someone at CC?

When you say just an email or call to the person for your ship, who are you referring to? Someone at Princess, someone on the ship or someone at CC?

It's a person at Princess Head Office. Each Princess ship has a person responsible for customer interaction and will arrange details and a location for group get together such as a Meet and Mingle, which is the term I have seen used for this on Princess roll calls.

Here is the list from March. I have found that if the number here is no good, try another one. eventually you will find someone to help.

Paul, I noticed you posted this information this winter:

This list is current as of 16 Mar 2010:

Berda Davis

Star, Grand

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald, Pacific

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Stacey Anderson

Island & Coral

(661) 284-4446

sanderson@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Ruby & Ocean (formally the Tahitian)

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean, Sea

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Paul

When I arranged the M&G for the Crown Br.Isles I emailed the contact with an estimated number attending, requesting bar service & suggested a time. She kept me informed through email of confirmed time, place & other details.

easy.

:) On my last cruise on the Emerald for the first time in 10 years and over 40 cruises Princess had my table all with single passengers traveling alone. I like meeting families at dinner or couples traveling together but was blown away that they had took the effort to put together single passengers. :D

There was a post a year or so ago telling us that CC was working out a plan with Princess for a M&G similar to what RCI offers. I wonder what ever happened to that plan?

There have been posts about this and it has not worked out well.

Basically, Princess picked a time of their own choosing and it may have been as late as the last sea day. Whoever has done this at Princess has not realized that the CC folk want to meet as early as practical on a voyage.

Even when Princess scheduled it earlier in the voyage, the first notice of it was in the Patter the evening before. By that time many of the people had already made other plans for that time and attendance was very poor.

I was on one recent cruise where:

a) As usual a roll call member had set up an M&G with Princess and it was well attended (over 100 people).

b) There was an announcement in the Patter of a Princess scheduled M&G. Out of curiosity I looked in and there was nobody there, not even anyone from Princess.

c) There were two times that the Patter announced a Cruise Critic afternoon tea. We went both times. Princess had set up the dining room which always had afternoon tea to have a section of seating just for CC members. A couple of dozen people were in the CC section each time.

By the way, on RCCL it only works when the passengers who want to be included notify RCCL of their names and cabin numbers. Otherwise, they will not know when it is.

You cannot assume that Princess will always follow-through with a M&G...you really have to do everything yourself. As I've posted before, silly me--for my first time setting up a M&G about 1-1/2 yrs. ago on the Emerald, I made the mistake of assuming that everything would go off without a hitch after choosing our date/time/place with Bernadine Grayr, the coordinator for the ship. Well, you never should "assume" anything :rolleyes:-- there was a mix-up in communication with the Food & Beverage people and we were on our own with no bartender as promised. Also, no mention in the Patter. You need to be very proactive when setting up a M& G with Princess. Fortunately, we had a great CC group who brought plenty of snacks, paper products, grab bag gifts, etc. and did a good job in salvaging our get-together. Of course, I was very upset, and couldn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. BTW, we finally got someone in to open the bar about 10 minutes before our hour was up!

You cannot assume that Princess will always follow-through with a M&G...you really have to do everything yourself. As I've posted before' date=' silly me--for my first time setting up a M&G about 1-1/2 yrs. ago on the Emerald, I made the mistake of [i']assuming[/i] that everything would go off without a hitch after choosing our date/time/place with Bernadine Grayr, the coordinator for the ship. Well, you never should "assume" anything :rolleyes:-- there was a mix-up in communication with the Food & Beverage people and we were on our own with no bartender as promised. Also, no mention in the Patter. You need to be very proactive when setting up a M& G with Princess. Fortunately, we had a great CC group who brought plenty of snacks, paper products, grab bag gifts, etc. and did a good job in salvaging our get-together. Of course, I was very upset, and couldn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. BTW, we finally got someone in to open the bar about 10 minutes before our hour was up!

What kind of things do people take for the grab bags?

What kind of things do people take for the grab bags?

For the gift exchange, it is usually something from their home city or country, and usually with a value of no more than $10. Some examples I have seen:

o Chocolate covered macadamia nuts from a Hawaii resident

o Tim-Tams from an Australian

o Space oriented key-chains from someone who lived near NASA

Thye gifts are wrapped, and you do not know what you picked until you open it.

I am organising a m&g for our cruise on the Sun Princess I have the correct person and she has replied They ignored my request for a MORNING meet as this would not clash with lectures etc and said they ALWAYS give you 2.pm to 3.30 as this is the PREFERRED time. I asked them to reorganise it if they could and she said she would ask the ship No reply I asked again and was asked for the names and cabin numbers of the 40 members who want to come as it would NOT be put in the patter.

I have asked in all 5 e-mails for the names of the senior staff members but this is IGNORED. I wonder if this information could be found elsewhere I know the Captain but no one else.

Any recommendation would be appreciated

Archived