Business Class Air upgrade

boerneDQ

The so called upgrade is more money than we spend on buying our own business class to Europe. I would take the air credit and shop around for the best fares. We are lucky to live in Philadelphia form where we can fly non-stop to most of the European ports that Oceania uses. If your speaking of Asia, that's another question. :)

I had heard the charge to upgrade to business class on O's air is around $3799 pp. Is this standard or is this something that varies from cruise to cruise?

Thanks, Charlotte

That is something that varies from cruise to cruise depending on where you are flying to and from what city. Business class is called restricted BC and you only get it while flying over the water..if you are coming from New York it would be to your first stop with change of planes or if direct flight you will get it all the way.

Jancruz1

I had heard the charge to upgrade to business class on O's air is around $3799 pp. Is this standard or is this something that varies from cruise to cruise?

Thanks, Charlotte

$3799, basically $3800 keeps this out of reach for many of us. That is times two!! for us.

There is another thread going on "Things I don't like about Marina" etc.

I might change that to Things I don't like about Oceania: air upgrade prices.

How can we find out how much a business class fare is for 2012? I don't think airlines are publishing that far. Our cruise will be October 2012, so looked at October 2011 but don't know if the fares are comparable.

Lynne

This is one area where the luxury lines do much better. Silversea and Regent and Crystal all offer much lower business class upgrades. Since Oceania has now copied Regent's fake free hotel rooms maybe they'll copy the lower priced business class upgrades too.

$3799, basically $3800 keeps this out of reach for many of us. That is times two!! for us.

There is another thread going on "Things I don't like about Marina" etc.

I might change that to Things I don't like about Oceania: air upgrade prices.

How can we find out how much a business class fare is for 2012? I don't think airlines are publishing that far. Our cruise will be October 2012, so looked at October 2011 but don't know if the fares are comparable.

Lynne

You can check with the person that you booked your cruise with today

Jancruz1

We too take a credit for the air on our bookings and do our own air. The price Oceania quotes for an upgrade is high, in my opinion. Check around with the airlines and see what prices you can get. Do you have miles you can use?

On rare occasions we have used O's fare, but not in business. The markup is too ridiculous.

Lately I pretty much insist on bizair (although DH is quite happy in coach) so I pay for the privilege. But I don't have to pay O's rates!

Or at least -- I haven't had to do so til now.

Mura

We were just quoted $3799 for the Business Upgrade on our April, 2012 cruise from Rome to Venice. We'll probably just get the coach credit and book our own business air. Hopefully, we'll have enough miles by then to do one free and pay for the second. While this seems only a little high to me, I have also heard that only the over water part is business, while the connection within the USA will probably be coach. Doesn't seem right to me - so we'll work out our own plans. Good luck with your plans. :)

On our upcoming April cruise we found that using O's business class Air including desired deviations worked out to be cheaper than booking the same on our own. Also worked out to be the best routing on our preferred carrier.

Found this a bit surprising because I don't recall that was the case on a previous cruise 2 yrs. ago so we booked independently at that time.

On our upcoming April cruise we found that using O's business class Air including desired deviations worked out to be cheaper than booking the same on our own. Also worked out to be the best routing on our preferred carrier.

Found this a bit surprising because I don't recall that was the case on a previous cruise 2 yrs. ago so we booked independently at that time.

We had the same experience with our upcoming TA which departs from Miami and returns from Barcelona. I think ours has to do with multi-city. If it had just been regular RT with same city we might have been able to beat O's upgrade. We were lucky and also got upgrade on our domestic leg from Atlanta home. May just be the airline that did it. I didn't ask!

Archived