Pictures of vow renewal dress/casual wedding dress

Suzque49

If you love it, and it's a 2, I know what you mean I'm a 2 on a good day and a 4 so if you can get in to a 2 and love it then go for it. It really doesn't matter what everyone else is wearing right, you have a special occasion to go to and that happens, sometimes you see ppl extra dressed up and everyone just assumes that you have something special going on. Can we see a picture? Where is this dress?

I am having a "white" party here before I leave to say good-bye to my friends and DH as I will be gone a total of 5 weeks (DH is coming to meet me the last week) I need a classy white dress for the party that will be at a resort. I could also wear it on the cruise I'm going on.....can't find a nice white dress. Where do you guys shop?

Thanks for the complement but I am far from a 2 or a 4. I was a size 5 when I graduated from college(many moons ago..prior to marriage and babies.) Won't say what I am now but very happy to be down 2 dress sizes.

The dress that I'd love to wear is an Alex Evening design and I found it at Dillard's. Have not found a picture on their respective web sites. I usually shop at a boutique in my small town called A Touch of Class but right now, they are focusing on prom season and first weddings.

Love all the pics of everyones dresses.

I haven't tried my dress on recently, but bought some new t shirts yesterday, usually get a lg, (12-14) but they didn't have that size in the colors I liked, so got a med (8-10) and they fit!!!!

Keep the pics coming.

Thanks for the complement but I am far from a 2 or a 4. I was a size 5 when I graduated from college(many moons ago..prior to marriage and babies.) Won't say what I am now but very happy to be down 2 dress sizes.

The dress that I'd love to wear is an Alex Evening design and I found it at Dillard's. Have not found a picture on their respective web sites. I usually shop at a boutique in my small town called A Touch of Class but right now, they are focusing on prom season and first weddings.

If you found a dress you love, you should definitely pick it up.. I hate when I go home and "think" about something I wanted and when I go back, my size is gone.. If the store has a good return policy, I would say go pick it up just in case and then make the decision to keep it or return it.

Ah, got it, but you are down 2 dress sizes, congrats!!! I stand by, if you found a dress that you love and it makes you feel beautiful, well go for it. It's all about how we feel, us ladies, isn't it! I'd love to see it..

My blue shoes arrived yesterday, and they are just beautiful!:) I love them! I will definitely be wearing these with my dress. The shoes match the sash on the dress perfect. And other good thing about them.....they are so comfortable!:D

They are a little high heeled....four inches... (the white shoes are three inch heels) however with the tea length dress, they just add something extra to the dress.;)

I will be taking the white shoes back for a refund as I would never have a reason to wear them again.....but these blue shoes....they will be going on my next cruise!;) :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=190254&d=1301541890

After everyone's encouragement, I was able to go back to Dillard's yesterday and the dress was still there. (Imagine a big breath being exhaled@). Still not sure that it is not to fancy for vows renewal but I bought it. I also found some very comfortable gold sandals to wear with it. They are not flats but have a small weddge heel(I don't wear very high heels anymore besides I find a lower shoe easier for manuevering around the ship expecially after a few margaritas. ;>) .) I need to take it in for hemming and then I will try to figure out how to attach a picture to a post on the forum once I get it home. I appreciate the advice.

Speaking of weddings and ship ceremonies, I checked out the Ruby Princess wedding cam earlier. At 11 a.m., there was a wedding happening....it looked very formal...with the bride in a white gown and groom in tux and there were attendants..in long pink dresses. It was a bit curious, though. The bride and groom were sitting at a table and the Captain appeared to be signing something in front of them. Why the table??

I tried my dress on last night, it fits pretty good, although I think if I lose at least 5lbs more, it will be even better. I tried on a few other dresses I haven't worn in years, they fit better then they did before, but I feel like some of them make me look frumpy LOL.

I tried several necklaces I have already with the dress, but didn't like any of them. So I guess I'll have to look for jewley too, darn ;-)

We decided the other night that we are going to get new right hand rings to exchange during the vow renewal ceremony. So, doggone it, more shopping to do!!!

232323232%7Ffp8%3A5%3Enu%3D3239%3E7%3B7%3E672%3E232%3A7%3B77632%3C4ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp8%3A6%3Enu%3D3239%3E7%3B7%3E546%3E232%3A7%3B76378%3A%3Aot1lsi

Our 25th wedding vow renewal outfits, at the Iberostar Tucan , Playa del Carmen, Mexico!! A day we will never forget!!

I woukd like to wear my dress on the cruise is it appropriate? Thanks!

From ddcile5

ddcile5

You look so happy. The outfits look like they were very cool and comfortable. Looks like it was a really nice ceremony. Beautiful!

That dress would be perfect for a Caribbean cruise, or Hawaiian cruise. Any tropical location.

Thanks for sharing

Very pretty dress, looks great on you. Is that your daughter with you and your hubby?

Thanks so much for the kind words.

No just a very good friend of ours' daughter.

I couldn't get the pictures to post of our daughter, daughter in law and our grand-daughter.

232323232%7Ffp8%3A5%3Enu%3D3239%3E7%3B7%3E672%3E232%3A7%3B77632%3C4ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp8%3A6%3Enu%3D3239%3E7%3B7%3E546%3E232%3A7%3B76378%3A%3Aot1lsi

Our 25th wedding vow renewal outfits, at the Iberostar Tucan , Playa del Carmen, Mexico!! A day we will never forget!!

I woukd like to wear my dress on the cruise is it appropriate? Thanks!

From ddcile5

I really like this dress.....we are renewing our vows for our 25th this coming November on the Destiny.We have 8 children and 9 grandchildren so there will be 22 of us (only 1 daughter and 2 grandchildren unable to go).I was on the fence about dressing "up" for the renewel but after reading the posts and seeing the photos I am excited to go all out.

Has anyone used Carnivals renewel package? I am curious about it.

I can't wait till our cruise.

I havent decided whether to put something in my hair, like flower, crystal headband or hair clip. I'm over 60 so don't want to look to "cutsie" but thinking of something, any ideas? (a pic of us is in the first posting)

As an aspiring wedding & event planner (I'm currently moonlighting as an RN), I am here for any questions/ideas/suggestions you may need. My dream job would be serve as a cruise liaison for brides (from meeting them at the port until they disembark and everything in between).

th_IMG_9418.jpg th_IMG_0125.jpg

Dreams and aspirations aside, this is the gown for my beach wedding. It's actually a Bari Jay bridesmaid gown and cost less that $200.

As an aspiring wedding & event planner (I'm currently moonlighting as an RN), I am here for any questions/ideas/suggestions you may need. My dream job would be serve as a cruise liaison for brides (from meeting them at the port until they disembark and everything in between).

th_IMG_9418.jpg th_IMG_0125.jpg

Dreams and aspirations aside, this is the gown for my beach wedding. It's actually a Bari Jay bridesmaid gown and cost less that $200.

Beautiful dress - Congratulations on your wedding!

I want to surprise my husband with a vow renewal in Sept. Don't know exactly how to pull it off yet. Not gonna pay for a package through cruise line because its just gonna be us on the cruise no family or friends to see it. The good thing is that our anniversary falls on formal night so I don't have to find an excuse to make him dress up. That may be easier to pull off the surprise. Have found two dresses on ebay and trying to decide which one I should get. That is where you all can help. Please give me your opinions - I am 5'6 size 16 -18 pants but have figured out according to measurements given on some of the dresses on ebay that I can be anywhere from a 14 - 22. Gonna try to put in the pics or links to them don't know if I can get it to work but here goes:

Couldn't get it to work try typing in Item number:200594675053 in the search on ebay for the first one and Item number:110676414327 for the second one.

Let me know if it works and what you think of them.

I like the 2nd one better myself, but a lot depends on your style, age etc.

How many years is it for you? Which cruise are you going on? We will be on the Coral to Alaska sailing on 09/10/11. This is our 21st anniversary and we are planning on the first formal night, the 11th. It will be just the two of us, no friends or family, but no problems, the two of us is just fine with us.

I will be 25 years for us. I will be 43. I agree with you on just the 2 of us being fine. With all that I have had going on in the last 6 months, I need to get away from everything and take a break.

We will be on the carnival Inspiration Sept 19 - 24, 2011.

I think I like the second one too and its not a bad deal for the price. It should travel well with it being jersey knit hope the lace won't wrinkle.

Sorry to hear you've had a difficult past few months, but nothing like a cruise to give you a nice fresh outlook.

I bought 2 dresses off ebay. One a size 12 the other 16, they both fit exactly the same. But since they were only $60 and $25 I figured even if the didn't fit I hadn't lost much, and could relist them if I wanted to.

My suggestion for buying on ebay is to make sure the dress measurements are at least 2 inches bigger then your body measurements. That way you have some "breathing" room. and can take it in a little if need be.

Sorry to hear you've had a difficult past few months, but nothing like a cruise to give you a nice fresh outlook.

I bought 2 dresses off ebay. One a size 12 the other 16, they both fit exactly the same. But since they were only $60 and $25 I figured even if the didn't fit I hadn't lost much, and could relist them if I wanted to.

My suggestion for buying on ebay is to make sure the dress measurements are at least 2 inches bigger then your body measurements. That way you have some "breathing" room. and can take it in a little if need be.

I really need a vacation. My mom had a heart attack 6 months ago and is now on dialysis. She had to move in with us. Then she got bull headed 2 weeks ago and went back home (In my front yard - close but still by herself).:( She fell last Saturday while she was alone and broke her hip. Don't know how long she stayed down before she finally made it to the phone to call me. Now she is in hospital waiting to have hip surgery but got other issues going on with her heart and perma cath that they have to get cleared up before the can operate. I have not been home in 3 days. "CALGON TAKE ME AWAY" I really need a vacation.

I agree with the sizes on ebay. Some measurements of a size 16 will fit others it takes a 22 to fit with a few inches breathing room in both sizes. The second one that I really like the most gives me 2 to 4 inches on all the measurements so I'll have room to alter it if necessary. Am 99% sure I will order it but I haven't yet still got 1 day left.

Archived