Pictures of vow renewal dress/casual wedding dress

Suzque49

IllinoisMom

I like both the second and third one. for myself I would pick the 3rd one and wear a shawl or lace jacket to match. (I hate my flabby upper arms and since I've lost weight it's worse)

IllinoisMom

I like both the second and third one. For myself I would pick the 3rd one and wear a shawl or lace jacket to match. (I hate my flabby upper arms and since I've lost weight it's worse)

What a lovely thread - so glad I picked up on this one.

We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next year and this has so wet my appetite for a renewal of our vows.

Oh, and I would so wear the second dress, it's fabulous.

What a lovely thread - so glad I picked up on this one.

We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next year and this has so wet my appetite for a renewal of our vows.

Oh, and I would so wear the second dress, it's fabulous.

Glammy Grammy, I encourage you to do it! Ours was so special and beautiful. I could not believe how I felt when I saw DH waiting for me to make my entrance, so blessed to still feel those butterflies in my stomache after 25 years. In this day and time when alot of marriages don't last, we should celebrate and mark the occasion. We wrote our own vows and were both in tears trying to say them. And DH (who hates to dance) suprised me, just after the ceremony had them play Unchained Melody (our song) and asked me to dance.

A few more pics - can you tell I love some bling? lol:D

319.jpg.7ac066db27fbd46d8638879ad75585a8.jpg

367.jpg.a4176e9b3274aa064c71a95e9a67db1b.jpg

377.jpg.1248c98790fda3617ae6eb16d8639ee4.jpg

379.jpg.8ddc0d50b17c501aac276e96ed5ef8fa.jpg

I know I am over a year out but I found the perfect dress and i am going to buy it so I have it

1231-004-01.jpg?t=1305681101

1231-004-02.jpg?t=1305681107

It is just beautiful! I love lace....it's just so romantic. This dress will be especially nice for a cruise or destination renewal. So glad you found the dress that you like.

And there is nothing at all wrong with buyig the dress that far in advance. I actually made a trip to Nashville to purchase my wedding gown ten years ago as we only had one small bridal shop in our town. I kept it in cold storage for almost a year, but it was the perfect dress for me at the time, so I couldn't pass it up. I think you will be doing the wise thing to buy the dress when you find the one that you truly love.:)

Hello lady's I'm jumping in. I loved reading this tread!

Forgive me if i make some strange lines or spelling faults, I'm from the Netherlands and English is not my native language.

We did our 20th renewel on the MSC Lyrica, trans atlantic Fort Lauerdale/Amsterdam. And it was an memorable day. Our plan was to find some weddingrings on St. Thomas en make a lovely day just with our DD and DS. unfortunatly we were only one day in port and we couldn't find a ring that fit the gentle but big fingers of my DH! So we ended up buying the only pair of rings that fitted from the shop on the ship. But we loved it because when we married my DH didn't wanted a ring because of his work (he's a Chef). 20 years later he was willing!

Because of an accident where i broke my back on several places and became permanent injured, he takes really good care for our family next to his job. So time for me to surprise him. I talked to the Dutch host wich was on board and he maked it a day never to forget! He did an ceremony as sun of Neptunes, arranged for free champagne and a lovely weddingcake and............about 15 other Dutch guest. Wat was very amusing for them because on an excursion a few days earlier they allready knew and watched our family while we didn't know they were coming on our renewal!!

I just brought a lovely white skirt from a famous Dutch designer for big sizes, not a gorcious weddingdress, but felt that day as a princes!

Now i'm already looking for a nice cruise May next year because our 25th renewal is coming up. And the whole family does know one thing it will be on a cruise!!!

have some own pictures included. On the official you can see the outfit better but don't know yet how to scan these!

Illinoismomo; If i had the figure i would love that dress, it's a picture!!!!

Suzque49 thank you for posting!:)

DSCF1282.jpg.338060d54900d09f8f85e5633e7a61ab.jpg

DSCF1285.jpg.fbbd76af33519c51fb67123618f0c377.jpg

DSCF1290.jpg.584e85da7032b06bb0df23c49b13ef05.jpg

lea2.jpg.7390c4298de96287379ba048d391e608.jpg

DSCF1157.jpg.3724dc2468e294b38c6bbe60d81cc4eb.jpg

Illinoismom,

Beautiful dress, love the lace too.

I bought my dress about a year ago too, I think when you find one you love you need to pick it up, it might not be available if you wait.

We picked up my new anniversary ring today. So now I hve the dress and ring, still looking for shoes, I have some I could wear if I don't find anyting else, but still looking.

Zangjuf,

What a wonderful love story and memory for you and your family

Thanks so much for sharing.

Susan

I know I am over a year out but I found the perfect dress and i am going to buy it so I have it

1231-004-01.jpg?t=1305681101

1231-004-02.jpg?t=1305681107

This dress is amazing....you will look beautiful.....what website did you find this on ?

I am in the planning stage for a summer 2012 cruise, My daughter is graduating Law school and we are going to be celebrating that, I also want to renew wedding vows with my whole family there. We are hoping that my sister and inlaws will be going to along with my 4 children we will have celebrated 29 years of marriage.

what do you all think of this one

15-6.jpg

or

this one

ty275.jpg

or

1230-008.jpg?t=1304623449

trying to get ideas as I am a planner

OMG, I LOVE ALL OF THEM ! But I REALLY LOVE the 2nd. one ! Where did you find these beautiful dresses? I'm you would look great in any one of these. Have fun planning. :D

I am in the planning stage for a summer 2012 cruise, My daughter is graduating Law school and we are going to be celebrating that, I also want to renew wedding vows with my whole family there. We are hoping that my sister and inlaws will be going to along with my 4 children we will have celebrated 29 years of marriage.

what do you all think of this one

15-6.jpg

or

this one

ty275.jpg

or

1230-008.jpg?t=1304623449

trying to get ideas as I am a planner

I did find these dresses. Have you ever bought anything from this seller or has anyone out there bought from them?? Would like to know what you think of the quality etc. of the items you purchased. Thanks. :D

I did find these dresses. Have you ever bought anything from this seller or has anyone out there bought from them?? Would like to know what you think of the quality etc. of the items you purchased. Thanks. :D

Thought I would post this again to see if anyone has bought from this seller on eBay??? I'm SO TEMPTED to buy! :D PLEASE HELP !

Thought I would post this again to see if anyone has bought from this seller on eBay??? I'm SO TEMPTED to buy! :D PLEASE HELP !

Judy,

I haven't purchased from this seller...but the dresses are just lovely. The ballerina length dress is so pretty. I love that style and length. There is just something so romantic about that style dress. I really don't think you would go wrong with ordering from this site. I think most of the sites are tied into a major dress making firm in China. I've haven't been disappointed yet.

All of the dresses are pretty, although I am not crazy about the second dress. It has a tiny look of lingerie to me, but for someone tall, thin and younger than me...they could wear that beautifully. The first one is pretty, but you see that style a lot and it doesn't really have a lot of "pizazz", but oh that third dress!:)

As a matter of fact, if I had not already purchased my dress for the Vow Renewal, I would consider the last dress.

(I posted this on the weight loss section too)

YOO HOO!!! I felt better today, still sick but well enough to get out. Decided I needed to go shopping for new clothes, wanted somethng that actually fit.

I went to the local mall, walked up one side, down the other, in and out of stores. I was looking for shoes to wear with my dress for our vow renewal, no luck. Went to Sears and found some things (on sale), tried on size 12 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, THEY FIT!!! tried on medium pants, (size 10-12), they fit a little loose! Then got brave, tried on small pants they fit!!, but a bit tighter then I like, so I got the medium.

Tops were medium 10-12. All this down from a snug 16, going on 18. Funny thing is I tried on a blouse, size medium fit like a small, but the large was a bit big on me, I got the large and will put some darts in it to fit it a little better.

The best part was I had several old gift cards and applied them to the purchase. Original total was $134.00, after total was only $78.00, that was for 9 pieces of clothing. So I'm happy.

Judy,

I haven't purchased from this seller...but the dresses are just lovely. The ballerina length dress is so pretty. I love that style and length. There is just something so romantic about that style dress. I really don't think you would go wrong with ordering from this site. I think most of the sites are tied into a major dress making firm in China. I've haven't been disappointed yet.

All of the dresses are pretty, although I am not crazy about the second dress. It has a tiny look of lingerie to me, but for someone tall, thin and younger than me...they could wear that beautifully. The first one is pretty, but you see that style a lot and it doesn't really have a lot of "pizazz", but oh that third dress!:)

As a matter of fact, if I had not already purchased my dress for the Vow Renewal, I would consider the last dress.

Thanks so much, Sherrie. I'm going to think about it some more, but I just love the 2nd. one, not sure why!:D I really don't need it right now, & if I did order it, I would get it in a ivory or some color, not white. I would like to do a vow renewal for our "35th", which isn't for another 3 yrs. ! The prices were very good for those dresses along with "free shipping", so will let you know if I decide to order.

Oh, do you think I could order the same size as I did for the other dress I received from China? :confused:

I have been looking and looking for shoes to wear with my dress for our renewal, I can't decide on metallic, satin, or something else. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. The cruise is to Alaska in September.

Also suggestions for stockings, Ivory, Cream, Tan? (the dress is a champagne color) Not wearing stockings is not an option for me LOL.

You can see a pic in the first post.

I tried to paste a copy of the pic here, but couldn't do it for some reason.

I have been looking and looking for shoes to wear with my dress for our renewal, I can't decide on metallic, satin, or something else. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. The cruise is to Alaska in September.

Also suggestions for stockings, Ivory, Cream, Tan? (the dress is a champagne color) Not wearing stockings is not an option for me LOL.

You can see a pic in the first post.

I tried to paste a copy of the pic here, but couldn't do it for some reason.

Any of the materials that you mentioned would be fine...Are you going to go with a shoe that is the color of your dress? If you are planning to match the shoe color to the dress, then I suggest taking the dress when you go to shop for shoes.

If you want to add a pop of color that would be great also. I know you said the renewal is in September. I'm thinking that a bronze metallic shoe and clutch bag might be a nice option for fall. Then you could wear them with other things. I took the white satin shoes back that I bought. I knew that would be the only time I would ever wear them.

As far as hosiery....I'm with you....I would or could not go without hosiery. Plus I think it just makes for a more put together look. I don't think I would do any of the Ivory or cream colors. I think they tend to look a little "ghostly" at times. Just my opinion, but I think I would go with a natural color hosiery.

Thanks Drew's wife, I think I have a pair of metallic bronze shoes in my closet I never wore, (bought them for my son's wedding, but his wife wanted me to wear a different color since her mom was wearing that color) I will go try them with the dress and see how they look. I was leaning toward the tan or nude color hose too.

Archived