Pictures of vow renewal dress/casual wedding dress

Suzque49

I would love to see pictures of the dress you ladies wore for your vow renewal or for a 2nd, or casual wedding ceremony.

Here is the dress I thought I'd wear for a vow renewal on our Sept '11 cruise to Alaska (dieting to fit into it, and getting closer).

I'd like to see pics of what your DH wore too.

Thanks

Susan

$%28KGrHqV,%21lcE1GHGviUOBNYZ%28yw5gw%7E%7E1_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,%21icE1NnORJ9YBNYZYNnPlg%7E%7E1_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqR,%21iQE1Noo%29f0lBNYZW6biCw%7E%7E1_1.JPG

I bought the same exact dress from JC Pennys...got it for $29.99. All they had was a size 18...which is what I wore, so I didn't try it on. Got home, tried it on and it was just a little to tight. After calling around, found a JC Pennys that would work with me. Took it to the store, they had found another one at a different store that was willing to send it to me for $10. Only problem, it is a size 22. Tried it on and surprise it wasn't that much to big. Fast forward to now...I've lost weight and still losing so now the dress is to large. Thinking it might be simple to just bring in the seams a little for me to wear. Still trying to decide...because pictures does not do the dress justice. It is beautiful.

I love this dress too, mine is in a size 12.

It's so funny how formal wear is sized. I have this one in a 12 and another style in a 16, they both fit exactly the same.

Only a little over 2 weeks till we cruise, can't wait.

Hi Ladies' date='[/b']

Just wanted to share a little something! Boy is it a little something!:o:eek: Not sure how I received the coupon....probably one of the sites that I shopped at for the Vow renewal dress sold my name and address.

Anyway I received a coupon from Victoria's Secret for some "lacy little things".:D Really cute, so I redeemed it today! So if any of you ladies are signed up on the sites for wedding dresses and such....you might be getting a coupon.

Wow, we leave in eleven days! It's going to go by so quick! I talked with our photographer yesterday, so that is all set. Picked up Drew's uniform from the cleaners and of course my dress and everything is set. Will start figuring out what to pack next week. We will only be away for three days, so I won't have to pack a lot of things.

Hi Sherrie,

Just wanted to wish you the best & really looking forward to your pictures when you return. I'm sorry I haven't been on for awhile, was over on the east coast looking after my Mom for a week so my sister could go to see her new granddaughter up in MD.

Have a great time :) and post when you get back. Hello to Drew also.

Oh, one little note, my "Navy" grandson is getting out in Feb.! Still not sure when his ship comes back to the US, but looking forward to having him home again. Take care.

Hi Sherrie,

Just wanted to wish you the best & really looking forward to your pictures when you return. I'm sorry I haven't been on for awhile, was over on the east coast looking after my Mom for a week so my sister could go to see her new granddaughter up in MD.

Have a great time :) and post when you get back. Hello to Drew also.

Oh, one little note, my "Navy" grandson is getting out in Feb.! Still not sure when his ship comes back to the US, but looking forward to having him home again. Take care.

Judy,

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the thoughts and wishes. I'm beginning to get really excited.

Congratualtions on the new little girl. I know your sister is thrilled, nothing quite like grandchildren. Hope your mother is doing OK.

That is great news about your grandson. I know you will be so happy when he is back home. Our servicemen and women are always in our prayers.

I haven't chatted with you in awhile, so I don't think I told you. We were at the Legion about three weeks ago for the installation of officers. Drew is the Historian, and on the Eboard as well as Captain of the Honor Guard. I guess I should not have been so surprised, but they had kept it really quiet. Drew was named Legionnaire of The Year!:) I was supposed to be taking pictures for the web site, but I was so caught off guard, that all I could do was cry.:D Needless to say, I was and am very proud of him.

We will still have to make time to get together at one of the two Legions sometime. When you get the chance, email me...I think you have my email. Something I want to share with you!;):D

Humm, I've lost 2 more pounds since I last tried my dress on, it was just a little "roomy" then, about an inch was all, hope it doesn't outgrow me before the cruise, LOL

Sherrie, best wishes for you ceremony tomorrow, it will be a beautiful day for you and Drew.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Hi Ladies,

We are leaving in the morning for our trip to "renew our vows" and I have something that I want to share with all of you!(Joyce, Lynne and Judy already know about this)

Drew and I are coming upon our 10 year wedding anniversary and I wanted to do something special. When I mentioned this to Drew, he told me to go ahead and book a cruise if I wanted to! He is such a gem....however when I told him that I didn't want to do a cruise...he was a little shocked.

So he asked what I wanted to do.....this is where it gets good. I told him that I wanted to renew our vows. (we got a late start, and figured we might not make it to the 25th as old as we are)I hope we do, but by then he will be pushing 85 and I will be up there at 75! LOL

Our flights are booked, hotel room confirmed, rental car booked and my dress and shoes are purchased.

He was so funny, when I told him what I wanted to do, and he said "well OK, If I have too?" Then he asked what I had planned.....I told him that I wanted it to be extra special for him....I want him to wear his Air Force Dress Blues and needed for him to take over from there. I wish that you all could have seen the grin come over his face. He knew exactly what he had to do.

He started making some phone calls. The first thing they told him, was "We have never had a request like that before", so from there it was just a matter of going through the Chain of Command, and now that we have the "GO", I want to share the venue with you ladies.

We are going to renew our vows at the top of the stairs to the entrance of________

Yep, that is right.....the steps of Air Force 26000 (better known as Air Force One).

Drew was on AF26000 and AF27000 until he retired. Both of these planes are retired and in museums. I 'm so excited about this, as I wanted this to be something extra special for him and I couldn't think of anything or anyplace that would mean more to him that this. We just kept it quiet until we knew that everything was a go and we had clearance.

I know it doesn't have to do with cruising, but I just had to share with with all my Cruise Critic friends here on the fashion board.

1973255101_stepsofaf26000.jpg.862acbb60a5ffa54bd76f4b523cb6365.jpg

Well, the secret is out!

There's no backing out now--you have to marry Drew!!!:D:D:D

Thanks Joyce,

Ten years already. I was looking at our wedding pictures last night....I can't believe how much younger I looked (and so much thinner) LOL The years have just flown by so quickly.

2137599726_weddingday.jpg.ad5e6585de6e247376ab3203984e3411.jpg

We are out of here! See you ladies Saturday!:D

Sherrie, the plans you have made for yours & Drew's vow renewal aboard Airforce One are just incredible. How special a day that is going to be.

Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.

Hi ladies,

We just arrrived home a little while ago. We had a wonderful time. Once I get things unpacked and rest, I hope to be able to share some pictures.

I haven't looked at them yet. The photographer was so nice and took over 200 pictures.

I do know one thing.....I sure don't look like I did ten years ago!:eek: I think I actually look young then! Of course I had a lot less poundage!:o

Nevertheless, we had a wonderful time. It was very special to both of us. It was a lot of walking in those shoes, and when I get the time I may decide to reveal the most undignified moment in my life!:o:D

Hi there Joyce,

He was so funny! We talked about who would go first with their vows....he said that I could go first and he would say "ditto".:D He always says that I paid the videographer to edit out the word "obey" when we were married..

Now the story of how I lost what dignity I ever had!:eek::rolleyes: The photographer was walking Drew over to a spot for a photo....I was behind them.....thank goodness we were the only ones in there at the time.

Now picture this.....Air Force One in the background, Drew in his uniform and medals.....and then there is me....bending over to step out of my garter that had fallen all the way around my ankles!!! Oh the humanity!:o

No one ever knew, but it was so funny that I had to tell Drew and then he reminded me that the place is surrounded with very high tech surveilance cameras everywhere. So most likely it will be on You Tube for all the world to see!:D

I'm still working on the pictures. As soon as I can, I will post some.

OMG You guys looked FABULOUS!!!

I loved your dress Sherrie and Drew looked so handsome in his uniform.

I have always loved the guys in their uniforms, must be why I married an Air Force guys.;)

What a fabulous place to renew your vows---Air Force One. Best wishes to you both.

WOW, your pictures came out great! You both looked so HAPPY & can't wait to hear more about it along with some more pictures. Congratulations to you both. Your dress was STUNNING & of course Drew looked so handsome in his uniform. What a wonderful memory you will always have of that special day. thanks for sharing all of this with us.

Ladies,

Thank you all so much for the sweet words. You are all so kind.

It's taking quite a while to post pictures as I am having to resize them. The photographer took over 200, so it is a lengthy process.

Judy, Whenever we finally get the chance to get together, I'll try to bring the "whole" album.:D

TNGALOHA, I agree with you so much about those "Airmen". They are exceedingly handsome. ;)

Joyce, You are too funny! Thanks for everything. I have to tell you that our Minister, the photographer and several others made note of the flowers on Drew's Bible. I told them the story of how your made them for me.

Yeah, I should be so good looking....It was so sweet....there were several people that wanted to get a photo with "you know who".:rolleyes: They didn't want me in the shot!:eek: I thought it was so cute. These macho guys all wanted to get a picture with him, like they had been "best buddies" all their lives.:D

It was so much fun. More wonderful memories to look back on in years to come, and yes ladies, I would say those vows over to him a hundred times.:)

Archived