Pictures of vow renewal dress/casual wedding dress

Suzque49

Thanks Drew's wife, I think I have a pair of metallic bronze shoes in my closet I never wore, (bought them for my son's wedding, but his wife wanted me to wear a different color since her mom was wearing that color) I will go try them with the dress and see how they look. I was leaning toward the tan or nude color hose too.

I tried the bronze shoes with the dress, but don't like the way they look, I think they are too dark a bronze color.

But thanks for the suggestion, I will expand my search to other colors. Maybe gold or something like that. hummmmm

I saw this on e-bay just under Wedding Dresses. Try putting clicking on "Strapless" under Wedding Dresses. Hope this helps. :D

Thanks! That helped. I found it and still LOVE it! Post pics after the big event! :)

I am in the planning stage for a summer 2012 cruise, My daughter is graduating Law school and we are going to be celebrating that, I also want to renew wedding vows with my whole family there. We are hoping that my sister and inlaws will be going to along with my 4 children we will have celebrated 29 years of marriage.

what do you all think of this one

15-6.jpg

or

this one

ty275.jpg

or

1230-008.jpg?t=1304623449

trying to get ideas as I am a planner

Well Ladies, I ordered the 2nd. dress today! :) It won't arrive for about 30 dys. so wil let everyone know how it looks. Such a good deal ! Can't wait to get it. :)

On the day of our 40th wedding anninversary, we were sitting in Church. We belong to a large Catholic parish.

Right after the homily, the priest called my husband and I up to the altar. My husband looks at me and whispers, "Did you plan this as a surprise for me?" I said, "No, didn't you plan it?"

So up we go and the priest married us once again in front of God and everybody. It was really great and the Church was packed with bunches of our friends and neighbors. I just wish I had known so I could have invited the kids.

Fortunately, I had dressed up pretty nicely because it was my anniversary, but not to the extent that I would have had I known about the vow renewal.

It has been almost 6 months since it happened and folks still comment on how much they enjoyed it, so I think it is a good thing to do in your home parish, especially for us as we have spent almost all of those 40 years in the same Church with the same people.

Thanks so much, Sherrie. I'm going to think about it some more, but I just love the 2nd. one, not sure why!:D I really don't need it right now, & if I did order it, I would get it in a ivory or some color, not white. I would like to do a vow renewal for our "35th", which isn't for another 3 yrs. ! The prices were very good for those dresses along with "free shipping", so will let you know if I decide to order.

Oh, do you think I could order the same size as I did for the other dress I received from China? :confused:

Judy,

I'm sorry, I just noticed this post! I'm getting old and keep having those "moments"!:o Not sure about the sizes of the dresses, however, I think they are all pretty much standard from the sites I have been on. I always prefer to order a little larger than I wear and take it in to be altered. I have always ordered a size 12 and they have always been too large. But I figure it is easier to alter down instead of up!;)

You will look amazing in the dress! Let us know how you like it.:)

Judy' date='[/b']

I'm sorry, I just noticed this post! I'm getting old and keep having those "moments"!:o Not sure about the sizes of the dresses, however, I think they are all pretty much standard from the sites I have been on. I always prefer to order a little larger than I wear and take it in to be altered. I have always ordered a size 12 and they have always been too large. But I figure it is easier to alter down instead of up!;)

You will look amazing in the dress! Let us know how you like it.:)

Hi Sherrie,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I was away looking after my Mom so my sister could have a break. We're now getting ready to go down to Ft. Laud. for my class reunion, looking forward to that.

I will let you know when I receive the "dress". Can't wait & I just ordered it in the same size as the Pink one as this lady's size chart was the same, so hoping it fits OK. If not, I'll have to have it altered. Not even sure when I'm going to wear it, but just fell in love with it. :D

Thanks for getting back to me tho.

Well Ladies, I ordered the 2nd. dress today! :) It won't arrive for about 30 dys. so wil let everyone know how it looks. Such a good deal ! Can't wait to get it. :)

Just heard from the lady in China, & my dress will be done & mailed in about a week! :D Can't wait to get it, just hope it looks like the picture. :confused: Will post as soon as I receive it along with a picture. :)

I love all these dresses! We will be doing our vow renewal in December and I am searching for the perfect dress. I want something super simple but long and flowy and chiffony. Of course, I don't want to spend much. Why is it that anything marked "bridal" automatically costs and arm and a leg? LOL

illinoismomof4, where did you find that first dress? It is so pretty! BTW, I'm in IL as well. :)

I love all these dresses! We will be doing our vow renewal in December and I am searching for the perfect dress. I want something super simple but long and flowy and chiffony. Of course, I don't want to spend much. Why is it that anything marked "bridal" automatically costs and arm and a leg? LOL

illinoismomof4, where did you find that first dress? It is so pretty! BTW, I'm in IL as well. :)

If you go onto EBay you'll find all kinds of "bridal" type dresses. Lots of them are from China, but you can't beat the prices. The first dress I ordered from there was only $58. w/free shipping and the dress I'm waiting on (pictured on a previous post) is only $146. w/free shipping. It only takes about 30 dys. to receive them. Good luck & hope you find something. :)

WendyGrace,

Did you find a dress yet?

Like Irish lassie said, ebay has a lot of nice things, many of them new.

I found mine when I put just put in "mother dress" and the size. Also try to put in the color you want, (mine is champagne color).

WendyGrace,

Did you find a dress yet?

Like Irish lassie said, ebay has a lot of nice things, many of them new.

I found mine when I put just put in "mother dress" and the size. Also try to put in the color you want, (mine is champagne color).

No, I haven't. I'll give it a try. I want something very simple and I'm finding much more elaborate stuff. But I have time. I'll keep searching. :)

Ladies,

I took my dress over to the alterations lady to see if she would be able to take the dress in and to get an estimate. She is truly amazing when it comes to alterations. So my dress is all pinned and she is going to take the lace shrug that came with the dress and make little cap sleeves. She is going to fix them so that I can decide at the last moment whether I want sleeves or to go strapless. The cap sleeves will be made to snap onto the bodice of the dress.

I'm getting excited as it is less than two months now. I asked Drew last night if he realized that we have already been married for 3,590 days? He is so silly....:rolleyes: he said " somehow he realized it, but thought it had actually been much longer.":D;):rolleyes:

Just wanted to post as I have been away for awhile. Have to start getting ready for Church services, but wanted to tell everyone to have a Safe and Happy 4th!:)

Ladies' date='[/b']

I took my dress over to the alterations lady to see if she would be able to take the dress in and to get an estimate. She is truly amazing when it comes to alterations. So my dress is all pinned and she is going to take the lace shrug that came with the dress and make little cap sleeves. She is going to fix them so that I can decide at the last moment whether I want sleeves or to go strapless. The cap sleeves will be made to snap onto the bodice of the dress.

I'm getting excited as it is less than two months now. I asked Drew last night if he realized that we have already been married for 3,590 days? He is so silly....:rolleyes: he said " somehow he realized it, but thought it had actually been much longer.":D;):rolleyes:

Just wanted to post as I have been away for awhile. Have to start getting ready for Church services, but wanted to tell everyone to have a Safe and Happy 4th!:)

Your dress sounds like it will be so nice when it's all done. I had a note today about my dress & it should ship tomorrow (hopefully). :)

Happy 4th. to you & Drew also. Keep in touch.

Your dress is lovely. How exciting for you! I know you will have a wonderful time!

I just purchased this dress to wear at our upcoming Vow renewal this Summer. (not a cruise) I do not plan to wear the bolero/shrug top. I just don't like the way it looks. The dress is strapless' date=' but it will be Summer and I should have good tan, so hopefully it will work.[/color']

I also purchased a blue sash to wear and these are the shoes that I bought. However, I am thinking that I might order the shoes to match the sash. Would love to hear thoughts about the shoes....should I wear the white or be adventurous and go with the blue?:rolleyes::)

I decided to go with a tea length dress as we will be climbing really steep steps. I will carry Drew's Airman's bible in place of a bouquet. He will be in his dress blues. I'm so excited!:DJust 166 days to go!;)

I almost got that dress. I tried it on at David's Bridal. Their biggest mistake is they let me walk out the door with out buying it because they were busy and the girl I had an appointment with kinda ignored me.

So I went to another bridal store and found the one I got above.

Your dress is very nice, I'm sure you loved it.

All your dresses are beautiful!

I would love to do this someday myself. Are you all doing this on the ship or at a port? Do your friends and family come to witness this or is it private? Does the ship provide someone to perform the service?

We are not having our vow renewal on a cruise....we wanted to do something different this year and so we made other plans. Ours will be very simple, just the two of us and the Chaplain. You can have a vow renewal where ever you choose, Church, beach, the ship, your home, etc.

Invite family and friends if you so choose, or you can keep it an intimate affair with just the two of you. No need for an officiate unless you want someone too. It is not a legal ceremony, so nothing is required to renew your vows. On the ship, The Captain will usually officiate.

Archived