Pictures of vow renewal dress/casual wedding dress

Suzque49

I almost got that dress. I tried it on at David's Bridal. Their biggest mistake is they let me walk out the door with out buying it because they were busy and the girl I had an appointment with kinda ignored me.

So I went to another bridal store and found the one I got above.

Your dress is very nice, I'm sure you loved it.

That is such a shame...sorry that you did not have a good experience there. I bought my wedding gown from them ten years ago in Nashville and had excellent service. That was the reason that I decided to go back to David's for a vow renewal dress.

I didn't even have an appointment at the Tampa David's. I called them to get directions as we were going to be in the area. They were so nice, and said to just come over when we arrived. The young girl was very knowledgable, and very helpful.

The dress that I bought was actually the first dress I tried on. When the bridal consultant brought it out to show it to me...well I was less than enthusiastic. She told me to just try it....and oh my...the dress look so different on. The sequins and lace just sparkle under the lights.

Can hardly wait to have it altered so that I can see how it will look for the renwal. I'm going to take it over again around the first part of August and leave it for the final alterations.

Ladies,

I have to tell you what I did! :rolleyes: I love my dress, however I've been concerned about it being strapless at my age, and I don't like the bolero that came with the dress. I had thought about having the bolero made into cap sleeves, but really wanted something a little more than just cap sleeves.

So I get this hare-brained idea and hopefully my alterations lady can come up with a way to make this happen. I purchased another dress today, just like the one I already have.:eek::DThere is a tremendous amount of material in the skirt of the dress, (hard to see in the photo, but the dress is very full)so I plan to have a long sleeve jacket made in place of the bolero. Wish me luck!:)

1419853633_vowrenewaldress.jpg.c7832177a4af8228e3e17d326d5bda55.jpg

Ladies' date='[/b']

I have to tell you what I did! :rolleyes: I love my dress, however I've been concerned about it being strapless at my age, and I don't like the bolero that came with the dress. I had thought about having the bolero made into cap sleeves, but really wanted something a little more than just cap sleeves.

So I get this hare-brained idea and hopefully my alterations lady can come up with a way to make this happen. I purchased another dress today, just like the one I already have.:eek::DThere is a tremendous amount of material in the skirt of the dress, (hard to see in the photo, but the dress is very full)so I plan to have a long sleeve jacket made in place of the bolero. Wish me luck!:)

That should look fabulous when it is done. I really like the idea and I think it is very doable.

Ladies' date='[/b']

I did not like the bolero when I tried the dress on. I would do the same as you are doing. I think it is a great idea, let see the jacket when you get it.

I love all the beautiful dresses for your renewals! We were married 34 years ago July 8th.

We had the big wedding and it was beautiful but everything was what our parents wanted and didn't reflect our tastes necessarily.

We renewed our vows 4 years ago at a backyard BBQ with our family and friends. We had so much fun and we wore just what we wanted with our best flip flops. Maybe next time I'll get one of those gorgeous dresses you ladies have been showing!;)

1638216108_RobandJoyce.jpg.f982c9325fd5ba202986bc65f064a820.jpg

I love all the beautiful dresses for your renewals! We were married 34 years ago July 8th.

We had the big wedding and it was beautiful but everything was what our parents wanted and didn't reflect our tastes necessarily.

We renewed our vows 4 years ago at a backyard BBQ with our family and friends. We had so much fun and we wore just what we wanted with our best flip flops. Maybe next time I'll get one of those gorgeous dresses you ladies have been showing!;)

[ATTACH]199935[/ATTACH]

Your dress would of been perfect to renew your vows on the ship. Your DH looks great.

I'm not going to show my DH the picture though, because that is waht he wants to wear, but I'm making him wear a suit. LOL

Our renewal is not until March. Never too early to find that "perfect dress" I need to drop 20lbs to look really good in it. I have lost 12.....yay!!! T he dress is on a internet wedding site. It is only $56.00, the most expensive wedding gown on the site is under $200.00 if any one wants the link, let me know.

Just heard from the lady in China, & my dress will be done & mailed in about a week! :D Can't wait to get it, just hope it looks like the picture. :confused: Will post as soon as I receive it along with a picture. :)

Well, I'm still waiting for my dress! :( I wrote to them again last week & they said the same thing, that it would go out in the mail, but so far I have not received it. :confused: It does say on the ebay order that it will ship in Aug. so maybe that's what I have to go by, darn!!! I just can't wait to get it. :)

My dress arrived today and it's BEAUTIFUL ! Fits perfect too.:D The only thing that I'm disappointed in is the color is not quite "ivory", it's alittle more white than what I was expecting, but it will do. I would order again from them, that's for sure. I will try to post a picture soon. :)

My dress arrived today and it's BEAUTIFUL ! Fits perfect too.:D The only thing that I'm disappointed in is the color is not quite "ivory", it's alittle more white than what I was expecting, but it will do. I would order again from them, that's for sure. I will try to post a picture soon. :)

I am so glad your dress came in and fits so well. Can't wait to see you in it!!!

Judy,

So glad your dress arrived and that you like it. We can hardly wait to see your picture. You will be just beautiful.:)

Our renewal is not until March. Never too early to find that "perfect dress" I need to drop 20lbs to look really good in it. I have lost 12.....yay!!! T he dress is on a internet wedding site. It is only $56.00, the most expensive wedding gown on the site is under $200.00 if any one wants the link, let me know.

I'd love the link!

Hi Ladies,

The second dress that I ordered arrived and it fits perfect, so it won't need any alterations. When I purchased the first dress is was too large, but I knew that it could be altered. When I ordered the second dress, I was able to get it in the smaller size. It's amazing the difference in how the dress looks when it actually fits.:)

Now I'm thinking I might like to wear it strapless.:rolleyes::o I just can't make a decision. I know I won't wear the bolero that came with the dress. Since the second dress fits so well, I kind of hate to cut up the first dress to make a jacket. Now I have two boleros, so the alterations lady could make cap sleeves that snap in and out.

The first dress has a lot of material as the skirt is full, so I'm thinking that I may have the alterations lady use the material to make a special dress for my little granddaughter.:) I'll probably take both dresses over this week and see what she suggest. I'll keep you posted.:D

Ok ladies, I wanted to chime in too! I just celebrated my 21st anniversary but for our 25th we are planning a big cruise like Hawaii or Alaska. My idea is to take my wedding dress and redesign it into something a bit more simple and maybe shorter. I am a sewer but not sure I can handle this on my own so may have to hire someone. Has anyone done that? Redesigned your original gown?

Well ladies,

I finally made a decision about the jacket for the dress. Drew really liked the idea of a jacket, so I took the dress over again this morning and told the lady to start cutting!:eek:

It should be ready in a couple of weeks. Hope it turns out the way I want it too. I told her to do whatever she wanted with the dress after she takes the lace skirt off. I couldn't bear to see it! We shall see.:)

Archived