Pictures of vow renewal dress/casual wedding dress

Suzque49

Sandy, looks like you had a very romantic setting for your renewal.

When was your renewal?

2009 in June - it was on Waikiki Beach with Diamond Head in the background - we then cruised for 7 days on Pride of America.

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!:) I took the dress over this past Tuesday for the lady to start making the jacket.

I received a phone call today that she wanted me to come for a fitting!:) I could hardly believe it. It's just what I had in mind.

The bolero that came with the dress was just too short and looked terrible. I told this young lady that I wanted something longer and also long sleeves. She did all this without a pattern! She said it will be ready next week and I don't even have to go back for another fitting.

The only thing that bothered me as I knew it would.....when I saw the first dress devoid of all the lace skirt.:( I told her that she could just pitch the dress unless she had any use for the tulle underskirt. However, the jacket is so pretty and I felt like it really made the dress. I'm so happy with it.:D

Drew's wife, did you get the jacket from your dressmaker?

Would love to see a picture of it, it's sounds like it will be beautiful

I haven't tried on my entire outfit together yet. I plan on it before the cruise, just in case something needs to be changed. Would not be good to get everything on and not like something. LOL

Hi ladies' date=' [/b']

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!:) I took the dress over this past Tuesday for the lady to start making the jacket.

I received a phone call today that she wanted me to come for a fitting!:) I could hardly believe it. It's just what I had in mind.

The bolero that came with the dress was just too short and looked terrible. I told this young lady that I wanted something longer and also long sleeves. She did all this without a pattern! She said it will be ready next week and I don't even have to go back for another fitting.

The only thing that bothered me as I knew it would.....when I saw the first dress devoid of all the lace skirt.:( I told her that she could just pitch the dress unless she had any use for the tulle underskirt. However, the jacket is so pretty and I felt like it really made the dress. I'm so happy with it.:D

Can't wait to see your creation!!! I know you will be beautiful!:)

Well what is it, they say about "great minds"?:D It just so happens that I returned from the dressmakers about an hour ago.

The jacket is beautiful and makes the dress look totally different. I have been in the bedroom since we came home trying everything on and prancing around in front of the mirror.:rolleyes:

Now I'm debating about the sash. I love the color, but I think it is too heavy for the dress, so I'm going to call her tomorrow and have her see what she can do with it.

Looking for opinions on this.....if I have the sash "reworked" should I just have her make it shorter with the bow in the back....or have her fix it so that the bow is in the front to one side? Since my shoes have bows on them, I was thinking that I might like it to be to the side.

She made the jacket so that the sleeves are down over my wrist....I told her that I wanted the sleeves a little long. So now I only have to figure out about the sash and my jewelry. Need some opnions on this.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about taking the crinoline out of the dress. I'm afraid it stands out too much. Gee, I didn't have this much work done on my original wedding gown!:eek::rolleyes::)

I'll try to get a picture as soon as I can. We are in the midst of a major home makeover this next week or so. The painters come tomorrow and I hope they will have it all finished in a couple of days so that we can get the carpets and floors put down. Ugh, I hate doing this kind of thing....but it had to be done!:D

I think you are right about the bow on the side.

Can't wait to see the pic.

We did a complete remodel about a year ago, gutted and rebuilt the kitchen, new paint, flooring and carpet. The year before we built a covered wrap around deck on the house. Installed a new cooling system too.

We are all done now, thank goodness!!

Now we can spend the money on cruising LOL

But I know how you feel, having to pack up everything and move it out of the way, then unpack and put all the stuff and pictures back, what a pain, but a great result.

Suzque,

I ran the idea about the bow by Drew....he also likes the idea of the bow on the side. I plan to take the sash over to the dressmakers to see what she can do, if anything. The sash is so pretty, but it is so heavy and I really don't want to detract from the dress.

It may be that she can't do anything with it, I also hate to keep spending so much on this dress when I will never wear it again. If it is ressonable and "do-able" then I will go for it, otherwise, I will just wear it as intended.

You are so right about the remodel!!! I told Drew that once we finish this, it is the last time! This should last till we are too old to enjoy it anymore!:rolleyes: I'm just trying to figure out how we accumulated so much stuff in only ten years!:eek: As it comes down off the walls, cupboards, etc...it is being washed and packed until they are finished with all the work. But you are right, that it will be worth it.

Well ladies, I took the sash over to the dressmaker this morning. She is going to take about 12 inches off the length of the sash, and the bow will be to the side of the dress.

It still looks really large to me, but she seemed to think it looked best to leave it a little longer since the dress is tea length. We shall see...I can always tie it to the back if I decide to.

It was just so long and heavy that I knew I would never be able to get it tied and keep it tied. Afraid I might trip over it going up those steep stairs!:eek::D

It will be ready this Friday....and that's the last thing I am doing to this dress!:rolleyes::D

Hi Sherrie Lynn, I've just caught up on your "adventure" with your dress and I'm sure it is going to look absolutely beautiful.

Now, what do you mean :

"I ran the idea about the bow by Drew....he also likes the idea of the bow on the side." :confused:

You haven't given Drew a sneak peek have you? ;)

Hi Sherrie Lynn, I've just caught up on your "adventure" with your dress and I'm sure it is going to look absolutely beautiful.

Now, what do you mean :

"I ran the idea about the bow by Drew....he also likes the idea of the bow on the side." :confused:

You haven't given Drew a sneak peek have you? ;)

No he hasn't seen the dresss or the jacket. He does know that I picked the blue shoes and the sash to match his uniform, but he hasn't even seen those.

I know how he is when it comes to accesories. He always notices the little things. Not sure if I ever told you this, but he told me that the first time he saw me he noticed that my shoes, belt and purse all co-ordinated with my dress, He esecially noticed that my heels had tiny little bows on the back of the heels.

He aways gives me good advice on my clothing. If he thinks something doesn;t look right for the occassion, he will say so. I'm very lucky to have him be so interested in what I wear. Makes me feel like he notices.

I'm getting excited and can hardly wait to wear the dress. It's going to be so exciting and I'm just so thrilled for Drew. This will be such a special occasion and I know he is looking forward to it just as much as I am. The reason I know......when I ask him a question about our plans.....he gets that "little boy" grin.:rolleyes::)

What a Man!! :D I think it is time he joined us on this thread and share his advice; why should you have such a treasure to yourself. ;)

You are very lucky - but then so is he. :):)

Ditto! Well said!

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on much lately as we are still knee deep in all this remodeling.

All the painting is finished, and they will be here tomorrow to lay the flooring in the baths and the kitchen. Then they will come back on Tuesday and Wednesday to lay the carpets. I hope that by the end of the week I will have most everything back in place.

I feel like we are living out of a suitcase right now, but it will all be worth it when it is all finished. With that being said, I hope I never see another paint brush in my life!:D

I did manage to go over to the dressmaker on Friday and pick up the sash. I think it will be just the finishing touch to the dress now. She took quite a bit off and so I can wear it to the back or the side, depending on how I think it looks best. So now everything is ready, and just have to wait for the next month to fly by.

Everyone have a nice evening, have to go fix Drew some dinner.

Drews wife

How's your remodel coming along, all settled back in?

All the major work is finished! Thank goodness!:D It's still a work in progess, but hopefully another week or so and everything will be in place.

As soon as the painting was finished, the carpets and flooring were put down. The blinds came in and they all went up this past weekend. All the new drapes went up this past weekend. I still have to put up the curtains in the kitchen. I ordered new curtains, and they sent me the wrong length. So I'm waiting for the replacements to arrive. I hope to have those up next week. I really didn't want to have to starch and iron all those Priscilla curtains if I didn't have to!:rolleyes:

It's really nice to finally have it all done. With that said, If I had known what all was involved I would have waited till we returned from our trip.:D

I need a week at the beach to relax and get ready for the trip. I plan to do that very thing next week. I'm still trying to figure out how we accumulated so much stuff in such a short amount of time!:eek:

Drew had a Memorial service after Church yesterday, so while he was gone, I tried on my dress again. I love the jacket!

After trying the sash, I still will probably have to have the bow in the back. It seems rather large to me, and I don't want anything to detract from Drew in his uniform.

If the bow is to my left side, it would not be seen when we are facing each other, and the bow would be seen from the back of the dress as we ascend the stairs.

Still trying to decide about jewelry. I'm thinking that I will just wear my cross locket and my sapphire ring. Possibly my sapphire locket...just not sure yet.

I'm getting excited and counting the days. They will slip by so fast. Hard to believe it is has been almost ten years! But ten of the most wonderful years of my life.

Well this sure turned into the Dead Sea Scrolls.:D Have a wonderful evening.

I tried on my dress again today and discovered it is a little on the loose side. Not too big but could be taken in about an inch to fit better. Still looks fine, and much better then being an inch too tight LOL. I wanted to lose another 10lbs before our cruise, well at least 5, but now I think I'll just try to maintain where I am. Everyone says I look good at this weigh so it would be fine, much better then I was 22 lbs ago.

I tried on my dress again today and discovered it is a little on the loose side. Not too big but could be taken in about an inch to fit better. Still looks fine, and much better then being an inch too tight LOL. I wanted to lose another 10lbs before our cruise, well at least 5, but now I think I'll just try to maintain where I am. Everyone says I look good at this weigh so it would be fine, much better then I was 22 lbs ago.

As much as I want to lose 10 pounds before our trip, I agree with you that at this late date it is best to maintain. It's possible to lose ten or fifteen pounds and then not be able to get the dress altered in time. I've already had so much work done with having the new jacket made and the sash shortened, that I don't want the added stress of more alterations at the last minute.

Don't you just love trying the dress on and thinking about the actual vow renewal? I'm getting really excited. We talked with the photographer yesterday and that is all confirmed.

I plan to get on the net in a while and start checking out some things about the area such as restaurants. just to know a little about the area since it has been several years since we have been there.

Oh, not sure if I mentioned in the other post, but I think I will wear just the saphhire ring, I'm still debating the saphhire necklace or my simple cross. I tried them both on, and I'm no overjoyed with the way the sapphire necklace looks. I'll probably pack several different ones, and make a last miniurt decision.

I know what you mean by the necklace thing. I had one all picked out, then tried on the another one and took pics of myself to see which one I preferred. I like them both, so confused. Taking both is probably a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to share a little something! Boy is it a little something!:o:eek: Not sure how I received the coupon....probably one of the sites that I shopped at for the Vow renewal dress sold my name and address.

Anyway I received a coupon from Victoria's Secret for some "lacy little things".:D Really cute, so I redeemed it today! So if any of you ladies are signed up on the sites for wedding dresses and such....you might be getting a coupon.

Wow, we leave in eleven days! It's going to go by so quick! I talked with our photographer yesterday, so that is all set. Picked up Drew's uniform from the cleaners and of course my dress and everything is set. Will start figuring out what to pack next week. We will only be away for three days, so I won't have to pack a lot of things.

Can't wait to see a picture of your dress and the ceremony.

I'm sure it will be absolutely beautiful.

I'll post them as soon as I can. The photographer said that we will get about a hundred shots, and he will have them to us before we leave the next day. They will be on a DVD, so I can upload them to the computer and then have copies made for our photo album. Hope they turn out OK.

He seems like a very nice gentleman. He does all types of photography, and is also a staff photographer for the newspaper, and is retired Air Force..(so he must be good)!:)

Archived