Multiple excursions in one day??

emsachs

Hi! Another newbie question...

We're on HAL to Alaska in June.

Is it possible to book (in advance) more than 1 excursion the same day.

I have looked at the excursions from HAL but they do not mention the times that they start/end, only the tour duration.

We are in Skagway from 7am-9pm and would like to do 2 excursios that day.

IN Juneau/Ketchikan we are only there 8 hours, so only 1 tour seems possible.

When you actually book the tour on the website there will be a screen with the time (or choice of times) at some point. Then you can figure if there's enough time between excursions to do both.

Do factor in that many (if not most) of the time the excursion will return later than planned. Figure at least 1/2 hour extra. Then you might want some time to re-board and return to your cabin, put things away, wash up, eat. Takes longer than you think it will.

I have done two shore excursions in the same day, but time's always a tight squeeze.

Even if it can be done - that's just too much work for a vacation!!!

lol. Oh, Brian... I like your new pic. :)

Emsachs... My partner and I will be on our first cruise in August (the Volendam) and have the same itinerary. After much research, we decided to book two excursions in Skagway. We will be on the White Pass Summit Scenic Railroad from 8:25am - noon and the Valley of the Glaciers Helicopter from 1:45pm - 3:15pm. With 12 hours in port, I figure there's plenty of time. The reason I didn't book the helicopter first, is that I was told if there is a lot of fog, the morning flights are cancelled, so the odds are better for the afternoon.

I agree, that there is not enough time for two excursions in Juneau, so we're going with Captain Larry's Whale Watch from 3:30pm - 7pm.

Good luck!!

Bonnie

We've done two excursions a couple of times and it worked out well. But for the most part, it does prohibit you from just walking around and enjoying the port because when the afternoon shorex is finished it's time to cast off. We haven't done two in a day in a long time because we like having time to explore the town on our own.

RuthC described it perfectly. We did 3 excursions in one day once-they were all fairly short, however. HAL's excursion-booking system will let you know if you have attempted to book conflicting excursions.

Yes you have time for more than one excursion in your ports, including Juneau. Especially in Juneau- it is superior to independent book and combo book any flights/whale watching, Mendenhall glacier tours, they are all in the same area and will save an hour of shuttle time.

Hi-

We are also going on our first cruise in June (6/29). Once you put in your confirmation number, and you get the list of tours available, the start times are listed on the right side if you click on departures. We are also in Skagway from 7A-9P. We are doing the 8:25 departure of the White's Summit Scenic railway for 3.5hrs(ending at about noon) then doing the Liarsville Salmon bake/gold panning from 1PM-3. Timewise, Juneau and Ketchikan do allow only one side trip. We are happy to walk around the town or do something on the ship for the rest of the time.

Joanne

Archived