List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

My guess for the rhapsody is Dan Whitney, He has been off for at least 4 months, so he should be back. It seems he was a perminant fixture on the Rhapsody.

Unless anyone else has a guess.....

no offense to DAn, but I hope you are wrong. Before going on other ships and seeing other CDs, he wasn't TOO bad, but now OMG:eek: . Sorry Dan.

no offense to DAn, but I hope you are wrong. Before going on other ships and seeing other CDs, he wasn't TOO bad, but now OMG:eek: . Sorry Dan.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more, but I guess that's what makes the world go 'round.

I cruise a fair amount...fourteen cruises in the last seven years, most on Royal, then Celebrity and a couple on Princess. While I've generally found positives in most of the Cruise Directors, I'd have to say Dan Whitney immediately stood out as one of the friendliest, most engaging, genuine personalities I've encountered. Our Rhapsody cruise with Dan (January of '07) was one of most enjoyable we've had, due, in no small part, to his presence and leadership of his staff.

I don't need or like the glitz and veneer I've found on other ships. Give me someone who honestly enjoys his guests and treats them as such, and I'm as happy as can be.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

~ Peri

Dan was the CD a few years ago on the Nordic Empress (pre name change). I have to agree with peris......

He was always out and around. Always friendly and saying hello. He came to the M&M and was very entertaining. He remembered names and always called us by name whenever he saw us around the ship.

After 21 cruises with RCI, Dan's one of the top 5 that I remember.

I just asked a recent Rhapsody cruiser (3/18) who the CD was and was told "Chris" (no last name).

That would be Chris Amras, previously on the Sovereign.

Dan Whitney has not been around for a few months it seems, it looks like he may have moved on.

It will be interesting to see if Dan pops back up or not. It seems that some CD's go into "hiding" for a long time, and then pop back up!

I for one hope he comes back, he was friendly, talkitive, and for sure had the best Quest that I have seen!!!!!!!

Also anyone heard form Carley B? Is she going back to the Enchantment?

My DH and I will be sailing on the Radiance of the Seas from April 28th through MAy 12th. I haven't looked back on this thread to see if there is a CD that has been noted as the one scheduled for that time frame. We have sailed several different lines, but my favorite cruise director of all time was James Andrews from our second cruise. We were on the Rhapsody of the Seas in December of 2003 when he was there. WHat a great guy! We also saw the FUNNIEST Not-So-Newlywed game that week!!!!

My DH and I will be sailing on the Radiance of the Seas from April 28th through MAy 12th. I haven't looked back on this thread to see if there is a CD that has been noted as the one scheduled for that time frame. We have sailed several different lines, but my favorite cruise director of all time was James Andrews from our second cruise. We were on the Rhapsody of the Seas in December of 2003 when he was there. WHat a great guy! We also saw the FUNNIEST Not-So-Newlywed game that week!!!!

You'll have Kieron Buffery! You're in for a treat!!! Don't miss his singing in the Schooner Bar! :D

Also anyone heard form Carley B? Is she going back to the Enchantment?

We'll be getting on the Enchantment tomorrow. I'll report back as to who the CD is - Carley B. or Paul Rutter. I had high hopes for Paul being on board but I've heard so many great things about Carley B. that I'll be just as happy with her, I'm sure.

OMG....Paul Rutter.....how old is he anyways:D

Sorry, no offense if you're reading these boards Paul. He is a great CD...we've had him many times, but it has been a while. I thought he retired.

I don't think he's any older than me. :( I'm less than half a decade.

We'll be getting on the Enchantment tomorrow. I'll report back as to who the CD is - Carley B. or Paul Rutter. I had high hopes for Paul being on board but I've heard so many great things about Carley B. that I'll be just as happy with her, I'm sure.

Hi Mommabean.

We just returned from the Enchantment on March 17th and the CD was PaulRutter. He was great:)

Hi Mommabean.

We just returned from the Enchantment on March 17th and the CD was PaulRutter. He was great:)

I saw Paul Rutter as he got off the ship. As of April 5th Carly B. is the confirmed CD on Enchantment. Paul is planning to be back on the Enchantment for 2 months beginning August 9th. Who's job is it to do the update? Get to work. :p

I've heard Becky is going on vacation when the Mariner goes into dry dock....can anyone confirm? I am on the Mariner on 5/13 and have heard she is wonderful!

Brenda

Becky is already on vacation. We had Graham Seymour the week of 4/1

I saw Paul Rutter as he got off the ship. As of April 5th Carly B. is the confirmed CD on Enchantment. Paul is planning to be back on the Enchantment for 2 months beginning August 9th. Who's job is it to do the update? Get to work. :p

I really hope Carley goes back after he does his next rotation. Loved her on the Legend!

Archived