A nice idea

m steve

on our last cruise one couple we spent some time with and was also retired, gave us a business card with their names, emails etc. We thought it was a nice idea and found a web site that offered 250 cards for $1.99 plus shipping and allowed us to pick an appropriate design and include both of us on one card. What do you think about this?

We do the same thing but we don't share with just anyone. It is so much easier than trying to write the information down on a scrap of paper and people are less likely to lose the card. We also put the web address for our photos on the card. I make them myself using a photo from our 1st Alaska cruise as a background.

I make them myself using a photo from our 1st Alaska cruise as a background.

We've also made them ourselves and customize them to the cruise we are currently on with a photo of the ship, the dates, the name of the cruise, etc... I print them at home as we only need a dozen or so per cruise.

We've also made them ourselves and customize them to the cruise we are currently on with a photo of the ship, the dates, the name of the cruise, etc... I print them at home as we only need a dozen or so per cruise.

We print some customized for every cruise too; we have never needed anywhere near 250! :)

We like them, because with them we don't have a billion bits of paper with information floating around in our wallet/purse/bags. Plus you don't have to fish out a pen and paper to scratch the information on, which is likely to get lost in the long run. Hand someone a card and they are more than likely going to put it away, and not just leave it somewhere/misplace for 'Joe Stalker' to pick up and use.

We printed them up on the computer with card stock from Wal-Mart. We only put the contact information that is our most public addy on (the junk email addy that we still check). If we feel comfortable with the person that we are talking to, and feel the need, we can write our phone contact on the back of the card, but that rarely happens, until we know the person better.

We just find it handy instead of having to juggle pens, paper and what ever else that we are carrying around with us.

Best! Ro

We've never done this before, but we have exchanged e-mail addys with a few pax and we still keep in touch with them. Nice idea and easy to do yourself on your own computer. I would only give out my email addy and not my phone.

on our last cruise one couple we spent some time with and was also retired, gave us a business card with their names, emails etc. We thought it was a nice idea and found a web site that offered 250 cards for $1.99 plus shipping and allowed us to pick an appropriate design and include both of us on one card. What do you think about this?

Do it all the time; great way to stay in touch with some folks

We have "cruise cards" that I printed up here at home. We do use them, and very much enjoy keeping in touch with some of the people we've met aboard the various ships.

We do the same. We have made friends on cruises that have become long term friends, others who have become little more than aquaintances, but it is all good. We are cautious though, we don't give out our cruise cards to just anybody, only those with whom we really connect. :)

Archived