5 nights no sleep on Radiance 3/5-3/10 + terrible response

hfh

Radiance seems to be known for plumbing problems...& it seems they will never be corrected from what I see posted from time to time on these Boards...

It sure seems like that for sure but supposedly the MUCH needed dry dock coming up is suppose to fix all these issues. We shall see I guess!

I dont understand maintenance banging on stuff at 3 or 4 in the morning. :rolleyes: This is like the 5th or 6th complaint Ive seen regarding this lately about the Radiance. I DO understand if there is a major issue it has to be fixed right then but to continue to do it all week is ridiculous! They should work during the day when everyone is out of their cabin and having a good time! NOT waking people up!

I didnt have any issues on the Radiance last month and didnt run into anyone else that did either. I never seen any evidence of any issues the whole cruise either. In fact, I had the time of my life and my best cruise yet. I would have been ticked had I gotten woke up like that though!

Radiance seems to be known for plumbing problems...& it seems they will never be corrected from what I see posted from time to time on these Boards...

We did an 11 night Mex Riv cruise in late 2009 on Radiance....center hump, deck 9. Our room flooded twice and for the last few days, our toilet wouldn't flush. We had to live with those loud floor fans.

We did the Radiance again this past November and had no problems, but our neighbors had brown water one day.

Hopefully this is a problem that will be corrected in the dry dock.

For what it's worth we had 2a-4a pounding drilling, vacuuming up water and a room full of water for our JS family of 4 on the Radiance (on 2 different nights Tues & Thurs.) making for 2 sleepy shore excursions in Alaska for our family. We weren't "given" anything. Offered 25% for my DH & I IF we cruised within 1 year.....(uh, spent it all on THIS trip, THIS year). Very disappointed with RCCL's service recovery. I know EXACTLY what you heard. Glad your room didn't flood with sour dirty water from the windjammer.....That was our "welcome to Diamond " cruise.... We tried a different cruise line. Family cruise had us repeat RCCL. We aren't sure what our next line will be. I have decided to be a warrior not a victim and move on (let my money talk) but what you described brought back some head shaking here.

Karen

Well after reading all your posts and suggestions I decided that money talks and b.s. walks. As an American Express card holder they have always been very good to me when I have made a dispute. I called them last night and told them what happened. They are disputing the entire charge and I'm sending them all my letters and proof of mailing them certified and the letter that I got back saying that $150 in compensation was enough. I can't change what I wrote to all those people, what was done was done. I agree my letters should have been more to the point and next time, if there is a next time I will certainly know better. But in the meantime I'll try every avenue I can to get some kind of compensation since $150 is absolutely ridiculous.

thanks again:)

I am 41 years old, but when I was in my 20's I went on a AI holiday in Cuba. A very drunk MIDDLEAGE women left her shower on and flooded out her room, and those under her. while I am sorry your trip was affected by someone else's silly error.. I do think it's unfair to assume it was a young person.

Plus if you sailed over spring break you will have kids on board. Regardless what cruise line it is.

As far as the dress code goes, I have seen many many adults dress incorrecltly. Not just kids.

I feel the need to correct you on both counts. #1, I was specifically told by guest relations that it was "Young people" who left the shower running. That they were charged $250 to replace the carpet and also charged to be moved to another room. Also it was "Adults" who were dressed inappropriately at the restaurants. If you have a dress code with a "SIGN" that specifically states what the attire should be then the rule should be enforced. Otherwise eat somewhere else. I didn't pay the extra $50 to sit with people who were dressed down.

I also was unaware that spring break ran for two months now. If I had known I certainly would not have cruised at that time. I was also told by guest relations that they had 500 minors on board and that this was the most "she" had ever seen. They were overwhelmed by it and ill prepared.:mad:

Good Luck...please update us on the outcome.

Just food for thought while you wait to get an answer on the dispute:

Right now "they" are in the drivers seat as you are disputing a charge that you already agreed to pay.

So your dispute is that they did not delivered "the goods." However, RCI did deliver most of what they said they would transportation, food, clean room etc.

By giving you compensation RCI is agreeing that there was a problem. Now here is the clincher how much did you pay for the cruise? I do not want you to post it, just want you to figure what percentage of the cost is the $150 refund.

Since it appears you have not disputed a charge before....google and see the process a dispute goes through.

Someone has to eat the cost....hopefully "they" do not agree it is you.

I feel the need to correct you on both counts. #1, I was specifically told by guest relations that it was "Young people" who left the shower running. That they were charged $250 to replace the carpet and also charged to be moved to another room. Also it was "Adults" who were dressed inappropriately at the restaurants. If you have a dress code with a "SIGN" that specifically states what the attire should be then the rule should be enforced. Otherwise eat somewhere else. I didn't pay the extra $50 to sit with people who were dressed down.

I also was unaware that spring break ran for two months now. If I had known I certainly would not have cruised at that time. I was also told by guest relations that they had 500 minors on board and that this was the most "she" had ever seen. They were overwhelmed by it and ill prepared.:mad:

Love to see that you are feisty.....keep it up especially when battling your illness.

That person in guest relations must have been new because 500 minors is nothing for a spring break cruise.

That person in guest relations must have been new because 500 minors is nothing for a spring break cruise.

Iv been on regular cruises that I swear had 800 minors. 500 doesnt sound abnormal to me either.

As far as disputing with your credit card company, there actually is a group that handles disastisfaction ...but unfortunately the OP does not qualify as the law is quite specific. For one thing you have to book and be disatisfied in the same state, so that lets a lot of travel disputes just become the OP is disatified ...but it makes it harder to charge back a merchant. Im just being technical

For instance you bought something that never arrived, if the merchant does not have signed proof of delivery its cut and dried ...this can go either way with the credit card company. The law allows you to dispute, but this particular reason isnt as easy to win as other situations. Its more up to the merchant if they want to give more credit. I would pursue it directly first a few times before I went to a credit card dispute.

Iv been on regular cruises that I swear had 800 minors. 500 doesnt sound abnormal to me either.

As far as disputing with your credit card company, there actually is a group that handles disastisfaction ...but unfortunately the OP does not qualify as the law is quite specific. For one thing you have to book and be disatisfied in the same state, so that lets a lot of travel disputes just become the OP is disatified ...but it makes it harder to charge back a merchant. Im just being technical

For instance you bought something that never arrived, if the merchant does not have signed proof of delivery its cut and dried ...this can go either way with the credit card company. The law allows you to dispute, but this particular reason isnt as easy to win as other situations. Its more up to the merchant if they want to give more credit. I would pursue it directly first a few times before I went to a credit card dispute.

Can you please go into more detail about book and be dissatisfied in the same state? Always want to learn more about disputes as I have had more than my share, mostly due to Fraud.

Just to answer a couple of questions. The guest relations person who told me about the 500 minors also told me she had been with RCCL for 5 years. I live in Florida so I booked my cruise in Florida and sailed out of Florida.

As for the $150.00 that was given, It was the first morning after the first night of noise by the guest relations manager. It was given to us as two tickets for an excursion to the Mayan Ruins. My question is: What about the other 4 nights? Where is my compensation for that?

I have disputed items through Amex before and have won all my disputes albeit they were small but won anyway. Thanks "land lover" I had lost a lot of my strength and I'm determined to get it back!:D

Just to answer a couple of questions. The guest relations person who told me about the 500 minors also told me she had been with RCCL for 5 years. I live in Florida so I booked my cruise in Florida and sailed out of Florida.

As for the $150.00 that was given, It was the first morning after the first night of noise by the guest relations manager. It was given to us as two tickets for an excursion to the Mayan Ruins. My question is: What about the other 4 nights? Where is my compensation for that?

I have disputed items through Amex before and have won all my disputes albeit they were small but won anyway. Thanks "land lover" I had lost a lot of my strength and I'm determined to get it back!:D

Just be aware that if your situation is resolved through American Express.........and you do book another cruise on RCI..........your AE Credit Card will not be accepted as a payment choice.

Just be aware that if your situation is resolved through American Express.........and you do book another cruise on RCI..........your AE Credit Card will not be accepted as a payment choice.

Thank you for the info :)

I am 41 years old, but when I was in my 20's I went on a AI holiday in Cuba. A very drunk MIDDLEAGE women left her shower on and flooded out her room, and those under her. while I am sorry your trip was affected by someone else's silly error.. I do think it's unfair to assume it was a young person.

Plus if you sailed over spring break you will have kids on board. Regardless what cruise line it is.

As far as the dress code goes, I have seen many many adults dress incorrecltly. Not just kids.

I hope you did not think I do not feel for you, because I do _ I also think $150 (which really has a much lesser value) is not enough for being woken up everynight. Had they offered to move/upgrade you and then $150 dollars on top - then maybe. I think that your post has far to many "wee little details" that cloud the issue at hand.

Patti - Are you serious? Really? I didn't realize they could be vindictive. Also didn't know that if they accept AE cards they could pick and choose which ones they accept. Geeze. Hope you are winning in trivia!

Pamela

Tucson, AZ

I dont understand maintenance banging on stuff at 3 or 4 in the morning. :rolleyes: I DO understand if there is a major issue it has to be fixed right then but to continue to do it all week is ridiculous! They should work during the day when everyone is out of their cabin and having a good time! NOT waking people up!

So sorry to hear of your bad experience. If I had experienced this then I would have been furious.

I also don't understand why this maintenance had to carried out in the early hours of the morning. I understand the first evening as they had to fix a flood which was an emergency but why continue on the following nights-surley noisy maintenance work should be planned for daytime when guests are out of their staterooms:confused:

Patti - Are you serious? Really? I didn't realize they could be vindictive. Also didn't know that if they accept AE cards they could pick and choose which ones they accept. Geeze. Hope you are winning in trivia!

Pamela

Tucson, AZ

Hi there Pam..........yes, it can and does happen on occasion. From what I understand when disputing a charge from RCI with your CC company, even if it is resolved amicably between parties...........that credit card is flagged from being able to be used again by RCI.

We are holding our own at Trivia......but miss you three.

OP, I do believe you are entitled to compensation. This is just a thought about credit card disputes: I'm wondering if RCI will even let the OP book with RCI again if all the charges are reversed.

OP, I do believe you are entitled to compensation. This is just a thought about credit card disputes: I'm wondering if RCI will even let the OP book with RCI again if all the charges are reversed.

Could very well happen that the OP will be put on the black list on RCI, but I guess it won´t bother the OP too much;).

She has cruised enough times with RCI with out incident and her complaint is valid, as they have agreed and compensated her. Black balling her would make no sense...the people on the list are those who have been thrown off or jumped off the ship, constant complainers, or have cussed out service reps or staff on the ship or did not pay their OBA....

I also would like to hear more about them refusing a payment type, really that is very difficult for me to believe. I can see them refusing an acct. #, but a particular card from a certain client?

Unfortunately for the OP, I think RCI already feels they have done enough and will not do anything more , the question is what will AE do?

Archived