5 nights no sleep on Radiance 3/5-3/10 + terrible response

hfh

Just an FYI... if you write a snail mail letter.. always send it with a return receipt because then you KNOW it was received and signed for and at least SOMEONE looked at it. For how long, who knows, but it was actually received.

All my letters were sent certified return receipt requested. I've already tracked them and they were all received.

I hope you did not think I do not feel for you, because I do _ I also think $150 (which really has a much lesser value) is not enough for being woken up everynight. Had they offered to move/upgrade you and then $150 dollars on top - then maybe. I think that your post has far to many "wee little details" that cloud the issue at hand.

Thank you, I appreciate your comment. I do agree after reading everyones posts, that my letter was too long. But when I was writing it, I was trying to get all points across. It's been a long time since I have been in the work force and I was writing from my heart. It's too late now, whats done is done. I will continue to try and get RCCL to compensate me somehow for more then just the $150 excursion tickets. It's all I can do. I have nothing but time.:)

Just an FYI... if you write a snail mail letter.. always send it with a return receipt because then you KNOW it was received and signed for and at least SOMEONE looked at it. For how long, who knows, but it was actually received.

All my letters were sent certified return receipt requested. I've already tracked them and they were all received.

Anyone hear of a Judith Pierre. She signed for Adam Goldstein. I sent two letters to him. One to a P.O. Box and the other to a Caribbean Way address. Her signature is on the Caribbean Way address.

Anyone hear of a Judith Pierre. She signed for Adam Goldstein. I sent two letters to him. One to a P.O. Box and the other to a Caribbean Way address. Her signature is on the Caribbean Way address.

More than likely just someone who works in the company mailroom. The vast majority of large corporations receive their mail in a mailroom and that team signs for it, sorts and distributes it throughout the building.

You are right about my long winded letter, I have a tendency to go on and on and I was trying to make them understand how important this cruise was to us. Unfortunately I mailed out the same letter to all those people. I won't give up though. Wish I had all of your insights before hand. Thanks again!!!:)

Maybe you should followup with another more concise letter using the above tips?

I was very unhappy with my Carnival cruise (but did not complain, just chose to put them at the last choice in the future)...BUT, they DO beat every other line in complaint/problem resolutions. RCI has the best product (IMO)...but, they don't compensate for issues very well, if at all. I suppose that doing most things well, they don't get a lot of experience for the times when something DOES go wrong.

Be persistent, and tell them what will make you happy.

Actually after reading everyones advice about a short letter I actually wrote another one and condensed it into one page. YIPPPPEEEE. Stick to the one point. I was reading a blog that I stumbled upon http://www.elliott.org/help/how-to-fix-your-trip/

and he also suggested sending a letter to the Federal Maritime Commission.

Which in turn helped me contain the letter to one page. Therefore, I think I'll be sending out my letter again to all these people. I have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Why didn't you ask to be moved to another cabin?

In regards to the dress attire, on the NOS my husband's suitcase did not arrive until 9pm. When we went to dinner at 6pm my husband was wearing the same polo shirt and shorts he had on to board, we were told that the following evening was formal night. We told the waiter about the missing luggage and he said "oh that would be a problem because you cant come to formal night dressed in shorts". Well thank goodness the luggage arrived at the stateroom by 9pm (porter didnt put a tag on, see my other post). But when we went to the formal dinner in a suit and nice dress slacks and blouse, the guy in the table next to us was in shorts and flip flops!!!!! So much for rules. :eek: But who cares, we were there for us. :D But I agree, dont make the rules if you are not going to enforce them.:cool:

Why didn't you ask to be moved to another cabin?

In regards to the dress attire, on the NOS my husband's suitcase did not arrive until 9pm. When we went to dinner at 6pm my husband was wearing the same polo shirt and shorts he had on to board, we were told that the following evening was formal night. We told the waiter about the missing luggage and he said "oh that would be a problem because you cant come to formal night dressed in shorts". Well thank goodness the luggage arrived at the stateroom by 9pm (porter didnt put a tag on, see my other post). But when we went to the formal dinner in a suit and nice dress slacks and blouse, the guy in the table next to us was in shorts and flip flops!!!!! So much for rules. :eek: But who cares, we were there for us. :D But I agree, dont make the rules if you are not going to enforce them.:cool:

We were told the ship was full and we were never offered another cabin.

I think the others gave you some good advice, especially about your letter being too long to be effective. All of the cruise lines seem to labor under the impression that everyone who complains is just trying to get a free cruise. We had a cruise from hell on the Voyager last year and after complaining to everyone we could think of and getting no satisfaction, RCCL had the audacity to send us a "thank you for cruising with us" email, allegedly from the CEO. We answered that email with our complaints and within a few days got a call from a customer service manager from corporate who gave us an apology and a full price credit for a future cruise. As far as complaining to the customer service personnel on the ship is concerned, I have found that these people will tell you whatever it takes to make you go away. This has been the case on all 3 cruise lines I have been on. Just keep complaining until you are satisfied and good luck!

Just out of curiosity, what cabin were you in? We were on that cruise on deck 7 and never heard any late night/early morning noise (maintenance or otherwise). Also, while there were probably 700-800 college students on board, I didn't see all that many minors - other than a few families with kids.

Well after reading all your posts and suggestions I decided that money talks and b.s. walks. As an American Express card holder they have always been very good to me when I have made a dispute. I called them last night and told them what happened. They are disputing the entire charge and I'm sending them all my letters and proof of mailing them certified and the letter that I got back saying that $150 in compensation was enough. I can't change what I wrote to all those people, what was done was done. I agree my letters should have been more to the point and next time, if there is a next time I will certainly know better. But in the meantime I'll try every avenue I can to get some kind of compensation since $150 is absolutely ridiculous.

thanks again:)

Not that this really matters, because I hope you do get appropriate compensation, but did you use the $150 for the shore excursion? Also, please let us know what American Express ends up doing for you. Although I have never used them to dispute a charge, they were helpful to us when we dropped a brand new lap top computer! Good luck and congratulations!

This passenger has stated that for 4 nights she had excessive noise for hours, on a cruise, caused by the crew.The cruise was paid for as a nice relaxing getaway. She is a customer of RCCL. She is very unhappy with good reason. She is not well.Seems to me she should be generoulsy compensated. How many paying guests peruse this board?

I was on Enchantment when toilets did not flush for 2 days in a balcony room and the stink from the 3rd deck would gag a horse.I guess if we accept these issues they will continue.

Thank you, I appreciate your comment. I do agree after reading everyones posts, that my letter was too long. But when I was writing it, I was trying to get all points across. It's been a long time since I have been in the work force and I was writing from my heart. It's too late now, whats done is done. I will continue to try and get RCCL to compensate me somehow for more then just the $150 excursion tickets. It's all I can do. I have nothing but time.:)

Let us know if you hearing anything more,I wish you the best of luck. I also hope you health continues to improve.

Plus, I would never send this type of complaint letter without stating concisely and clearly what you want RCI to do. Give you money? A free replacement cruise? What?

This. It is important to let them know what remedy you are seeking. And as others have stated, stick to the facts of the noise complaint.

HFH..What compensation did the occupants of the cabins around you get?

With such a loud disturbance you must not have been the only couple who had a valid concern.

We never heard about anything from anyone else.

Not that this really matters, because I hope you do get appropriate compensation, but did you use the $150 for the shore excursion? Also, please let us know what American Express ends up doing for you. Although I have never used them to dispute a charge, they were helpful to us when we dropped a brand new lap top computer! Good luck and congratulations!

Yes, we did the excursion since that was after the 1st night of noise and the tickets were given to us immediately. We didn't know that we would be receiving "notices" in our stateroom every night that work would be going on between the hours of 2am and 4am. On that last night when I called it was 4:06 a.m. I remember looking at my cell phone and saying to guest relations "I thought they were supposed to stop at 4am!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, what cabin were you in? We were on that cruise on deck 7 and never heard any late night/early morning noise (maintenance or otherwise). Also, while there were probably 700-800 college students on board, I didn't see all that many minors - other than a few families with kids.

Cabin 4500 last cabin at the end

You got compensation once because you called guest service once.

Now that you are off the ship you complain about nights 2, 3, and 4. $150 for your one complaint is fair, I don't think you should get anymore since you made it sound like everything was ok after the first night by not callng guest services again.

Sorry

Just be aware that if your situation is resolved through American Express.........and you do book another cruise on RCI..........your AE Credit Card will not be accepted as a payment choice.

I'm really surprised by this. Is this only for Amex? Visa/MC Merchant merchant agreements would seem to disagree with this practice, and I would think Amex would also have that contingency (that you must accept any valid Visa or MC branded card as a payment choice--there is no option to not accept because of a previous chargeback). I was just wondering where this information originated?

I agree you should be compensated generously. However, I think you should have complained as it happened, every time. I also would have spoken to someone during the day to make sure they realized how inconvenienced you were. Unfortunately, since you didn't complain, there is no record on the ship that you were inconvenienced.

Archived