Falling while getting on tender

MissKIA

I too saw some drunk guy fall off a catamaran in GC..They also fished him out pretty quickly but he kept hollaring, Moby Dick, Moby Dick, Watch my beer..We all just kinda sat there like *****..they made him sit under the little swimmy ring on the way back..Ill dig and see if I can find a pic.

OMG...that's the funniest thing I've read all day. I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read it:D

About 19 years ago we saw woman miss the tender and fall into the water. The crew jumped in right after her. She came out soaking wet but otherwise fine. The seas were rough and the crew was helping. I let the crew hold me arms THEN cross over to the tender.

Nope....this time I had a 10 month old in my arms tendering in Belize and it was pretty bumpy and they held on very tight and even had me wait a second when the tender and dock seperate further than safe. On different cruiselines, different ports they have always taken great care to make it a safe process.

Last June we were tendering in Cabo and the seas had gotten rough on the way back. It took the crew a while to even get close to the ship in order to get us back on the ship. I think he even pulled away and tried it again and let the tender behind us dock first. Scary but like everyone else has said allow them to help you get on and off the tender. It's the safest.

Saw a drunk guy do it in Belize once... They fished him out faster than you could laugh at him for being so stupid

Sorry I was just reminded that was a snorkel boat not a tender

Ya, sometimes those snorkel boats buck pretty good when they are berthing with the ship. I have never seen anyone come even close to falling in from a tender. The gangways are big, solid, high sided, and there are always crew right there as well. You'd really have to try and jump over the railings if you wanted to make it into the water.

Ya, sometimes those snorkel boats buck pretty good when they are berthing with the ship. I have never seen anyone come even close to falling in from a tender. The gangways are big, solid, high sided, and there are always crew right there as well. You'd really have to try and jump over the railings if you wanted to make it into the water.

Actually this was at the Belize dock...guy put one foot on the "plank" and the second foot totally missed and sploosh he went

Actually this was at the Belize dock...guy put one foot on the "plank" and the second foot totally missed and sploosh he went

Ha! I saw a guy walk right off the dock in St. Thomas. Was looking kinda sideways and backwards and just dropped right off the side where those big rubber bumpers are. The threw a rope latter down and fished him out.

Ha! I saw a guy walk right off the dock in St. Thomas. Was looking kinda sideways and backwards and just dropped right off the side where those big rubber bumpers are. The threw a rope latter down and fished him out.

Oh my god I would have lost it had I seen that. My mom would probably do something like that if we didn't make her pay attention. She walks like that through the mall and walks into things all the time :)

Archived