Port Canaveral and Monarch boarding

Paperwork says 130 for a 430 departure. realistically whats a good time to show up to PC so as to avoid the masses initially and maybe have some time to hit windjammer before settling into the cabin?

Thanks for any advice.

I've arrived as early as 1130 and checked in and boarded right away. The state rooms are not available until after 100 so you have to take your carry-on luggage around with you until then.

Great, thanks for the heads up. Thought I'd read that somewhere but wanted to confirm that was the case. Nice to have the option of a slightly early arrival. Appreciate the info.

I've usually showed up around 12, got on the ship in 10 minutes, and my stateroom was available then. I've on the Monarch again next week during spring break, and i can imagine that the checkin process might take longer. Plus I will be taking a carry-on only for the first time, so I'm bracing for a wait.

If you truly don't want to arrive with the masses, don't arrive with us (LOL). We have an uncanny way of arriving at the same time as several large buses, just after they unload and start forming a line. I don't care how well we plan, or how many times we've cruised or from what port...we arrive at the PEAK of the masses. Hey, at least we are consistent!!! :D

Great info folks, thanks so much for taking the time to chime in! After a day from hell yesterday trying to get to the local area, we finally made it. Dropped the little guy off with his grandparents and are heading to the port in a few hours.

Remember your first cruise? That's us. ;) Looking forward to the whole experience!

Take care folks-

If you truly don't want to arrive with the masses, don't arrive with us (LOL). We have an uncanny way of arriving at the same time as several large buses, just after they unload and start forming a line. I don't care how well we plan, or how many times we've cruised or from what port...we arrive at the PEAK of the masses. Hey, at least we are consistent!!! :D

Now that's funny! ;) Yea that's usually our burden to bear when it comes to anything with masses. Hence the research here. Thanks for chiming in and giving us a good laugh.

And good luck next time.

We live just 5 miles from the port. Pulling out of the garage at about 10:30 gets us to the porters to drop our luggage at about 10:45. Parking garage is very easy to access, with no crowds the last four times we have been there.

Have been able to board as early as 11:00 am, and as late as noon depending how the previous pax are coming off the ship.

At that time I have found you can check in with almost no lines and have a seat to people watch if you cannot board as of yet.

There are cookies, beverages, and that all important coffee set up to enjoy while you wait.

Enjoy your cruise!! :D

Great info folks, thanks so much for taking the time to chime in! After a day from hell yesterday trying to get to the local area, we finally made it. Dropped the little guy off with his grandparents and are heading to the port in a few hours.

Remember your first cruise? That's us. ;) Looking forward to the whole experience!

Take care folks-

Weather has been real bad this week. Reports of hail and torn roofs, down trees, etc. I couldn't watch the tv without it being interrupted by tornado warnings. Enjoy getting out of this weather, i will be doing the same next week!

Had a great time. The weather moved through the day prior and we had no problems the whole trip. Barely a cloud in the sky every day of the cruise. Appreciate the info folks as it was right on. We showed up and basically walked right on the ship.

Had a blast!

Tks again-

Had a great time. The weather moved through the day prior and we had no problems the whole trip. Barely a cloud in the sky every day of the cruise. Appreciate the info folks as it was right on. We showed up and basically walked right on the ship.

Had a blast!

Tks again-

You are most welcome! :)

Glad you had a great cruise, and welcome home!

Had a blast!

Tks again-

I assume you were on the April 1 sailing? Could the weather have been any better? What an awesome trip. Warm weather and calm seas!:D

• 4 weeks later...
I assume you were on the April 1 sailing? Could the weather have been any better? What an awesome trip. Warm weather and calm seas!:D

Absolutely, for our first cruise it was picture perfect. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. We are actually about to book another for fall of this year. After looking at pictures and reflecting back we totally have the itch to do it again. ;)

I don't think you should arrive any earlier than 1:30. Thats when they want you to get there.

IMHO you may want to go back and read the OP's original question. Wanted "to avoid the masses and get some lunch in the WJ".

I gave info based on my previous cruises. How many times have you been on the Monarch?

Interested to know your personal experience on boarding that ship?

BTW: She took our advise and thanked previous posters for the helpful advise.

Absolutely, for our first cruise it was picture perfect. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. We are actually about to book another for fall of this year. After looking at pictures and reflecting back we totally have the itch to do it again. ;)

Happy to hear you enjoyed my favorite "little ship" also! I am looking forward to my next cruise later this year too! :D

IMHO you may want to go back and read the OP's original question. Wanted "to avoid the masses and get some lunch in the WJ".

I gave info based on my previous cruises. How many times have you been on the Monarch?

Exactly! being that everyone has to be checked in and ON BOARD by 3:00 pm for a 4:30 sailaway, I HIGHLY doubt Royal Caribbean wants 2700 people showing up at 1:30 pm :rolleyes:

Its nothing more than an advertised boarding time for their documents. Anyone that has cruised out of PC at least once knows boarding starts generally around 11 - 11:30 am on the Monarch.

Exactly! being that everyone has to be checked in and ON BOARD by 3:00 pm for a 4:30 sailaway, I HIGHLY doubt Royal Caribbean wants 2700 people showing up at 1:30 pm :rolleyes:

Its nothing more than an advertised boarding time for their documents. Anyone that has cruised out of PC at least once knows boarding starts generally around 11 - 11:30 am on the Monarch.

Thanks Ryano! :D

And as you can see from the OP's post #15, she was very happy for the suggestions and it worked perfectly for her! ;)

I am just going by the RC documents. How do you know there are "masses" later in the day? Did you look over the side of the ship and see it?

It also says you cannot bring your own liquor but I guess they don't really care about that either.

As for the Monarch, we don't do 3 day trips, but all boarding is the same...

I am just going by the RC documents. How do you know there are "masses" later in the day? Did you look over the side of the ship and see it?

It also says you cannot bring your own liquor but I guess they don't really care about that either.

As for the Monarch, we don't do 3 day trips, but all boarding is the same...

So you think just out of the kindness of their hearts, they prepare a huge lunch in the WJ at noon and get the cabins ready by 1 pm for us fools that cant read the "rules" then? right, ok LOL!

You still have not answered just how they are suppose to check in 2700 passengers in an hour and a half. ;)

Boaring time is not a rule.....No smuggled alcohol is...No one is breaking a rule by boarding at 11:30 am instead of 1:30 pm ...You are comparing apples to oranges. Anyone that has cruised more than once knows you can board generally earlier than the advertised time in the documents.

All you are doing is trying to stir the pot and you know it. :)

Archived