Question about post it notes on your cabin door

Hi

We will be sailing with a few people (we have 5 cabins altogether) on Serenade in April. I've seen on here people talking about how they keep in touch with each other using a write on/wipe off board and/or sticky notes on the outside of the cabin door (since the walkie talkie method doesn't always work and the cell phone method is expensive). My question is, do those really stay on the door (are the doors magnetic) and not get taken by other passengers (thinking they are funny)?

What have you found to be the best option? Write on/wipe off or sticky notes? Probably a personal preference but thought I'd ask anyway :)

Thanks!

Tracy

They both can work, but both can be taken by that person who thinks they ar being "funny". I agree, use the phone and leave voice mails.

Make up prearranged placces to meet at prearranged times, ie: for lunch, drinks, an activity.

(Yes, the doors are magnetic:))

We had a cruise ship drawing laminated in plastic and taped to the door.

*%&$X@*&% kleptomaniacs kept stealing our markers. Go figure. I quess the fall of civilization is in full swing.

It sure is. Someone took the copper wire for our churches airconditioner.

We still prefer walkie talkie and use the Midland GXT635's which work great on and off the ship. We keep are conversations short and do our best not to annoy other passengers around us.

With GMRS you should have 121 privacy codes on each channel which provides hundreds of combinations of channels.

We used write on/wipe boards on our last cruise. They worked well, no problems with anything going missing. This will also work better for larger groups. I would not want to phone multiple rooms to leave the same message.

we had 9 cabins of family sailing together. I bought dry erase boards at the dollar store and they worked great. No one ever bothered them and they were great for leaving notes for each other. I recommend them.

Archived