ventura,s bad press?

asda

on todays front page on this website (cruise critic) ventura is getting very bad reviews,

cruise passengers drunk,tatoos,hen/stag partys etc.

is it that bad?

For Ventura? Normal I'd say. At least the sun loungers are not being thrown overboard (are they?).

:eek:

There have been some recent bad reviews after a weekender party cruise. Some clearly didntnenjoy the part atmosphere. Take a look at some of the other threads on here debating Ventura you will see a more balanced view. As has been said it was voted the favourite cruise ship recently by a major website so it must be doing something right.

Their are plenty of reviews for Ventura around. Take a wider view, not just focussing on one or two bad reviews and you will see that overall it comes out pretty favourably.

Here is a longer thread debating Ventura. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1379697

Believe me, I can be quite picky but I will be back her again for the second time in 4 months shortly.

on todays front page on this website (cruise critic) ventura is getting very bad reviews,

cruise passengers drunk,tatoos,hen/stag partys etc.

is it that bad?

Tatoos !!!!! heaven forbid - i'd cancel if i were you !!! :rolleyes:

Don't be put off, we were on the same cruise to Bruges although when I read the reviews I do wonder if we were on the same ship. We had a great time, it wasn't perfect but I wouldn't hesitate to go back on Ventura.

Hi,

Please dont be put off, we had 2 wonderfull weeks on her 2 weeks ago, and would give an arm and a leg to go on the cruise you have booked.

You cant compare and party cruise to a 7,10,14 day cruise.

You go and enjoy.

I took my disabled son on this party cruise to see how he would cope in his wheelchair and whether he would want to join his old mum and dad on their cruises in the future. The outcome was he felt the trip was too short and he would definitely go again. We chose not to do a trip in Bruges, so he could get around to see more of the ship, so I can't comment on this. Part of making the best of the trip was to visit the White Room, which exceeded our best expectations in both flavour and service.

As to the embarking and disembarking we were very lucky as we had arranged assistance which was brilliant. Our only gripe was not at the ship or the staff, but at the passengers who were blocking the lift exit while we were trying to get to our disembarkation designated place.

All in all it was a very different experience to the one we had on the Azura a few months ago. I have to say I would not choose to cruise with the younger set who were on the party weekend, although we saw no bad incidents - it was probably a lot louder.

All these bad reviews are definitely putting me off now...

These bad reviews for the weekend have been followed by at least 3 reviews which say that the cruisers had fantastic time.

You cannot believe all you read. The only way to find out about a ship is to try it yourself.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Had a great time on the weekender because of great company I was with, but overall based on the experience of last weekend I probably wouldn't have booked her again (really noisy cabin neighbours). However, I did a 2 week cruise on Ventura last year and loved it, so I put it down to weekends cruises just not being for me.

We thought we would have a tasted cruise on p@o on the mini cruise to Bruges. We normally cruise on royal Caribbean and love it (so do the kids). We were very disappointed with p@o. The staff were efficient but that's about it. Our waiter was miserable and rude. The ship itself is very nice however we do prefer the layout on rci and for our 8 and 15 year old they would be very disappointed with the facilities.

Embarkation was ok but disembarkation a total shambles.

Of course. It was a mini/party cruise (which we werent advised about) hence the amount of hen parties (my husband didn't seem to mind that!)

I think really to get a real idea of a cruise line you would have to do a longer cruise which I'm sure would be fine but I feel p@o quite foolish not to put as much effort into the short ones to win over new customers. So for us we will be staying loyal to royal.

However our brother/sister in law love them (but they have only done the long ones). Happy cruising

Oh and it's currently number 2 overall on cruise.co.uk here

http://www.cruise.co.uk/passenger-ratings/?display_formats=&tab=2&orderby=&orderdir=

It must be doing something right.

It is. Unfortunately for Ventura, the opinions of the P&O faithful on P&Os own site are often at variance with P&Os wider customer base, who love her. The Cruise Co ratings reflect the latter.

I really can't find anything serious to fault with Ventura....and I've been on 4 other lines, so it's not as if we're just P&O lovers (we're not- the other ship we tried gets a so-so from us). We wouldn't have booked our third V cruise if we were not happy with her. :)

Jo.

It is. Unfortunately for Ventura, the opinions of the P&O faithful on P&Os own site are often at variance with P&Os wider customer base, who love her. The Cruise Co ratings reflect the latter.

Interestingly the same site puts Azura at tenth place. If you read this P&O forum you would definitely think it would be reversed. Azura's score

Is based on more reviews too.

I think you are right. P&O traditional cruisers are more likely to favour Azura over Ventura due to the current clientelle being more traditional on Azura than on Ventura. However taking the views of not just the traditionalists into account Ventura comes out best. This clearly shows that Ventura pleases a wider cross section of people and meets more people's expectations than other P&O ships.

Interestingly the same site puts Azura at tenth place. If you read this P&O forum you would definitely think it would be reversed. Azura's score

Is based on more reviews too.

I think you are right. P&O traditional cruisers are more likely to favour Azura over Ventura due to the current clientelle being more traditional on Azura than on Ventura. However taking the views of not just the traditionalists into account Ventura comes out best. This clearly shows that Ventura pleases a wider cross section of people and meets more people's expectations than other P&O ships.

If you read the P&O forum you would expect the favourite to be Aurora, which fails to make the other site's top 10. Sometimes I feel that P&O pay too much attention to the views expressed on their own site and in doing so fail to see the wider picture.

If you read the P&O forum you would expect the favourite to be Aurora, which fails to make the other site's top 10. Sometimes I feel that P&O pay too much attention to the views expressed on their own site and in doing so fail to see the wider picture.

It fails to get higher because of the very few reviews. Returning cruisers tend not to post about their cruise. I suspect Aurora has more cruisers who do not use the internet.

Remember if we take all the web sites together there are possibly less than 2 to 3 hundred people who actually post comments.

:):)Gan canny:):)

Dai

Butlins at sea ? I just don't know where that come from ?

That's a fair-enough video, so clearly mass-market fun is had on Ventura.

What's definitely true about Ventura is that she's big enough for anyne who doesn't want to participate in something to go somewhere else. We tended to remain glued to our seats around the Terrace whenever the weather was good enough. There may well have been mayhem going on further forward, but that was 150 yards away and we wouldn't have been aware of anything.

Definitely a ship that offers something for everyone, in fact.

This is true, they did have the mens sexy legs competition on Indy :rolleyes:

What, now you tell me!!!:mad: Can I change my bookings to RCI.

Fancy keeping that to yourself:mad:

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

There have been some recent bad reviews after a weekender party cruise. Some clearly didntnenjoy the part atmosphere. Take a look at some of the other threads on here debating Ventura you will see a more balanced view. As has been said it was voted the favourite cruise ship recently by a major website so it must be doing something right.

Their are plenty of reviews for Ventura around. Take a wider view, not just focussing on one or two bad reviews and you will see that overall it comes out pretty favourably.

Here is a longer thread debating Ventura. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1379697

Believe me, I can be quite picky but I will be back her again for the second time in 4 months shortly.

we were on ventura lst sept had a great time.. never saw anyone drunk or badly behaved....hence we are now booked for ventura on 23 rd july

jean

Archived