Princess transfers from Miami to Port Everglades

capecruizin

My husband and I will be flying into Miami for a Feb 2012 cruise out of Port Everglades...Has anyone ever taken a Princess transfer from the airport to the cruise dock? We are wondering what time Princess begins its transfers...is it worth it? Or whould we take a cab? Thanks for any feedback you could provide! :)

We have always flown in to MIA one day(in Feb) early so taking the Princess transfer is not offered. We just go outside the baggage area and get the supper shuttle to our hotel in Ft Lauderdale. Next day we take the shuttle from the hotel to the pier. The cost for 2 of us was $60 last Feb. We need to fly in early because we cannot trust the weather in chicago in Feb.

As far as I know Princess only provides the shuttle on the day of departure, since they ask for your flight number one will be waiting for you when you land...you just look for the Princess rep. in the baggage area and they will direct you to the bus/van.

We have used the princess transfer back to MIA (we get the transfer after we board the ship). That cost $22/person. Depending on your flight you will be at the airport before noon. It is a 45 min ride from the port to the airport in Miami.

We fly into Miami from Los Angeles and we use SAS Transportation (Steve Sadowsky).http://www.ridesas.com. We call them when we arrive and they pick us up and take us to FLL. The cost was $50ish at the time but with the price of gasoline so much higher do not know what the fare would be now. We like it because we do not have to wait at the airport and if we need to stop for anything(i.e. water, wine) we can. Have a great cruise!

We fly into Miami from Los Angeles and we use SAS Transportation (Steve Sadowsky).http://www.ridesas.com. We call them when we arrive and they pick us up and take us to FLL. The cost was $50ish at the time but with the price of gasoline so much higher do not know what the fare would be now. We like it because we do not have to wait at the airport and if we need to stop for anything(i.e. water, wine) we can. Have a great cruise!

I have used SAS for the last couple of trips and as far as I know they are not allowed to pick up from Miami airport or Miami hotels.

They can pick you up at the Miami cruiseport after the cruise and they can also pick you up from FLL airport and take you to a MIA hotel.

They charge $15pp up to 3 pax and 4 or more is $13pp.

Bill

Hi There

We fly in the day before and Princess has at least one Greyhound Bus

doing runs, as it takes us to our hotel, the last time it was only us on the

bus, at the airport there were may be as many as 5 Princess Reps,

one came on the bus, and two at the Hotel great service, may they were

expecting more or may be standard set up for 1 to 50 passengers.

yours Shogun

Hi There

We fly in the day before and Princess has at least one Greyhound Bus

doing runs, as it takes us to our hotel, the last time it was only us on the

bus, at the airport there were may be as many as 5 Princess Reps,

one came on the bus, and two at the Hotel great service, may they were

expecting more or may be standard set up for 1 to 50 passengers.

yours Shogun

Shogun...this is true if you use Princess air...we prefer to book our own flights, so the Princess transfers are not available for us a day early. That is why we use the Supershuttle to our hotel.

Not to sound impertinent...but, fyi, Spirit flies non-stop to Ft Lauderdale from Boston for 25% less than you can fly non-stop to Miami on a legacy airline.

And there are several one-stop flights by legacy airlines to Ft. Lauderdale for less than a flight to MIA.

It would save you the cost and hassle of a 45 minute transfer.

I have used SAS for the last couple of trips and as far as I know they are not allowed to pick up from Miami airport or Miami hotels.

They can pick you up at the Miami cruiseport after the cruise and they can also pick you up from FLL airport and take you to a MIA hotel.

They charge $15pp up to 3 pax and 4 or more is $13pp.

Bill

From the website "We are a Fort Lauderdale based company and because of Permit Restrictions we cannot offer Miami to Miami Trips" and "Current Permit Restrictions require that all of our trips either have to begin in Ft. Lauderdale or be returning from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale" so a pick up at MIA going to Port Everglades should be OK.

Shogun...this is true if you use Princess air...we prefer to book our own flights, so the Princess transfers are not available for us a day early. That is why we use the Supershuttle to our hotel.

You really should take a look at Princess eZAir at least for comparison!

From the website "We are a Fort Lauderdale based company and because of Permit Restrictions we cannot offer Miami to Miami Trips" and "Current Permit Restrictions require that all of our trips either have to begin in Ft. Lauderdale or be returning from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale" so a pick up at MIA going to Port Everglades should be OK.

This also found this on their website.

Arrivals after 3:00 PM are charged a 3 passenger minimum

We do not offer pick ups from the Miami Airport or Miami hotels Requests for arrivals after 8:00 PM will not be accepted

Bill

We has S.A.S. pick us up at Miami airport and take us to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Then on the way back, they picked us up at the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal and took us to Miami airport. They didn't say anything about restrictions, but this was last spring. I thought it was a great service.

We have taken the Princess transfer from Miami to the cruiseport in Fort Luaderdale. I like minimum fuss travel when we take our grandchildren with us. All we had to do was pick up our suitcases and meet the Princess rep. We then got on the bus (they did the luggage), waited about 15 minutes and left for the port. I did fill out the information on the cruise personalizer telling them of our flight arrival time. The rep said that was important as they schedule people to greet the flights based on what is reported to them. We did our own flights.

My husband and I will be flying into Miami for a Feb 2012 cruise out of Port Everglades...Has anyone ever taken a Princess transfer from the airport to the cruise dock? We are wondering what time Princess begins its transfers...is it worth it? Or whould we take a cab? Thanks for any feedback you could provide! :)

Why not fly into Fort Lauderdale?? Even if you book your own air you can buy Princess transfers (have done this). The Princess rep meets you at the airport, bus is there and takes you to the cruise terminal. We have done this several times with no problem. Princess is made aware of your flight times and are there when you arrive! The bus driver loads your luggage so why bother with a cab?? Transfers (if I remember) were somewhere in the $40 price range.

Carol

Not to sound impertinent...but, fyi, Spirit flies non-stop to Ft Lauderdale from Boston for 25% less than you can fly non-stop to Miami on a legacy airline.

First checked bag at the airport is $38. If it weights over 40 lbs up to 50 lbs it is an additional $25.

Thus, charge for a 45 pound bag for one person is $63.

Still 25% less than the competition?

Why not fly into Fort Lauderdale?? Even if you book your own air you can buy Princess transfers (have done this). The Princess rep meets you at the airport, bus is there and takes you to the cruise terminal. We have done this several times with no problem. Princess is made aware of your flight times and are there when you arrive! The bus driver loads your luggage so why bother with a cab?? Transfers (if I remember) were somewhere in the $40 price range.

Carol

For those flying to FLL there is a free airport transfer bus to the port

First checked bag at the airport is $38. If it weights over 40 lbs up to 50 lbs it is an additional $25.

Plus Spirit Airlines charges between $20-$30 for a carry on bag as well as their charge for checked baggage. So in the end how much cheaper are they really?

For those flying to FLL there is a free airport transfer bus to the port
No there is not!! Wherever you got this information it"s wrong!

Plus Spirit Airlines charges between $20-$30 for a carry on bag as well as their charge for checked baggage. So in the end how much cheaper are they really?
A lot on some flights. You can take a 18" X 14" X 12" bag Free

We has S.A.S. pick us up at Miami airport and take us to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Then on the way back, they picked us up at the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal and took us to Miami airport. They didn't say anything about restrictions, but this was last spring. I thought it was a great service.

We have had the same experience several times with SAS and have not had a problem. Maybe these restrictions are new. It is worth a phone call to get a clarification from them.

They really do provide a great service since there are no non stop flights from LAX to FLL

anymore and we have to fly into MIA. We do go to a hotel..maybe that is the difference??

Sorry, my mistake. I recall now that we took the free car rental shuttle after dropping off the car at the airport. Humble apologies.

And that is now available for only two rental agencies, National and Alamo.

Don't check a bag. Carry on only.

and/or

What airline, other than Southwest, doesn't charge for checked bags?

and/or

A flight to FLL could still result in less hassle for the OP who is sailing from PE.

Archived