Naples Port Schedule

endymion6942

I will be spending a week pre-cruise with my family in Rome. I would like to do a day trip to Naples/Pompeii. Logic tells me to go there when there are no/few cruise ships in port.

Does anyone know a site that would give information about ships and their docking schedule.

Thanks very much.

Naples generally can handle only two ships at a time, so that limits your crowding.

Med ports are very busy in the summer. Cruising is big there.

Do a search on the boards, there are 3 or 4 websites- none of which is totally accurate- that will tell you ships in port.

Or a specific search by Naples port will get you that port's schedule.

Thanks for the info. I went to the Naples site , but cannot get the info I am loking for.:(

I will keep searching.

If I'm not mistaken, this site shows the port's cruise ship schedule. You can click on the date in question on the calendar and it renders the ships that are in port that day on the picture.

http://www.terminalnapoli.it/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=245

Excellent find on that website for terminalnapoli!

Now, I have a question for anyone familiar with the Port of Naples or for someone whe speaks Italian. For my scheduled date in Naples, there are 5 ships on the schedule. The Aida Bella is ate pier #5, and I see her berth in the picture; the Star Princess is at piers 6&7, and I can see her pictured in her assigned berth; the Celebrity Solstice is at piers 9, 10 & 11, and I can also see her pictured. My ship, the Disney Magic, is assigned to pier (Molo) rada and is nowhere to be seen on the picture. :confused: Does anyone know the translation of "rada" and where that might be located in reference to the three ships in the picture, and most importantly, to the ferry terminal?

The fifth ship is the Sovereign (Pullmantur, I believe) and is assigned to piers 21 & 22, also not on the picture.

Edited to add: I just looked up the Italian word "rada" and it means "harbor". Could it mean we are tendering? Has anyone had to tender in Naples before?

If I'm not mistaken, this site shows the port's cruise ship schedule. You can click on the date in question on the calendar and it renders the ships that are in port that day on the picture.

http://www.terminalnapoli.it/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=245

Great link, thanks. Now I am a little concerned, there are six ships the day I am in port there, and four of them are quite large. My understanding is that there are other piers in addition to the one in the picture on the terminalnapoli site, though that is where most ships go. Popular port.

For whatever it's worth, "rada" by your ship's name does indeed indicate that the ship will be at anchor and tendering passengers into the port of Naples. I just got a call from Disney Cruise Line flip-flopping our day in Naples for our day in Civitavecchia because the Port of Naples did not have room at the port for the Disney Magic to tie up and we would have had to tender.

I will be spending a week pre-cruise with my family in Rome. I would like to do a day trip to Naples/Pompeii. Logic tells me to go there when there are no/few cruise ships in port.

Does anyone know a site that would give information about ships and their docking schedule.

Thanks very much.

We're just browsing the boards as we're looking at the same Mariner cruise as your sig says you're on, are you in Naples as the first port of call? It's really easy to do Pompeii from the port.

Jem

We're just browsing the boards as we're looking at the same Mariner cruise as your sig says you're on, are you in Naples as the first port of call? It's really easy to do Pompeii from the port.

Jem

We have 8 nights in Rome before the cruise. I figure to do Naples/Pompeii on a day with few or no cruise ships in port. We would leave Rome early in the morning and take our time playing tourist and then going back late that night.

Archived