Special Military Program application form

Astro Flyer

Ok I just made a resv for the Sapphire Princess for 5/2013. My DH is also a vet and we have a DD214.

Is this an automatic discount/OBC? On the princess site I don't see an area asking about military?

Sorry little confused.

Cindy

Edit: I just answered my own question. We can fax the form in 7 days prior to our cruise and since this is a 7 night cruise we would get $100 OBCpp. GREAT.WOW!!!

Anybody know what happens when you book one 20 night cruise, but it's actually two B2B 10 nighters ??? As ya alot of ya know, you only get 1 booking #, but do ya still get two OBC's just like ya get two mini-bars/internet credits if Elite??

Anybody know what happens when you book one 20 night cruise, but it's actually two B2B 10 nighters ??? As ya alot of ya know, you only get 1 booking #, but do ya still get two OBC's just like ya get two mini-bars/internet credits if Elite??

If you book it as one 20-day with only one confirmation number, Princess likely will give only one OBC in the amount of $250 ... for two 10-days booked with two separate confirmation numbers, the OBC would be $100 for each 10-day segment. I believe that it would be the same as with the shareholder benefit.

Sorry, one booking number = one OBC

If you book it as one 20-day with only one confirmation number, Princess likely will give only one OBC in the amount of $250 ... for two 10-days booked with two separate confirmation numbers, the OBC would be $100 for each 10-day segment. I believe that it would be the same as with the shareholder benefit.

You get one OBC ($250), but there is a possibility that you'll get two setups. Just a possibility. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. On our 33 day Sapphire last year which was also sold as a 1, a 2 and a 30, we got a setup for each one. Amazing!

$250 sounds good for the 20 dayer.......if a 10 nighter is suppose to get $100, and they gave ya 2 of those, you're obviously better off getting one $250 OBC

Only when you have one credit. If you're a shareholder too, two is better. If you have top loyalty credit; 2 is better. If there is extra TA OBC involved; 2 is better. Many variables.

Depends on the length of your cruise. $100 7-13 days - $250 14 days or more.

Thanks Pia

My DH is a WWII veteran and we found his discharge papers and a Authority for Discharge but can't find a Form DD214. Would these papers suffice or if not does anyone know where we could get Form DD214 at this point.

Military credit is taking awhile to get. Faxed in twice before new form was online....never heard anything.

Faxed in again today with new form and nothing yet. Faxed Stock credit form at the same time and have already gotten a confirmation on that one.

Anyone else having problems with this???

Military credit is taking awhile to get. Faxed in twice before new form was online....never heard anything.

Faxed in again today with new form and nothing yet.

I thought it was just me! I faxed in my information over a week ago, and my husband's earlier this week. Nothing has posted yet.

Faxed in again today with new form and nothing yet. Faxed Stock credit form at the same time and have already gotten a confirmation on that one.

Still waiting for my DD214 but they did email me today that they received it and I should get it within 10 days:)

Please keep us informed how long it takes for the faxed form to be acknowledged.

I emailed both our Shareholder and our Military Benefit request this afternoon. I received a confirmation email for the Shareholder credit 20 minutes later (what took so long???). Nothing on the Military credit yet.

I faxed a form on 4/6 and have not had any response yet. I think I may email as well and ask for an update? I would have thought I would have heard something by now???

It would probably be quicker to ask your TA - they get a revised booking showing the credit as soon as it's applied!

For what it's worth ... Princess processing of Military OBC (may) now be based on cruise date. For an August cruise my faxed MOBC was processed within 72 hours and appeared on my Princess Personalizer. But -for an upcoming February 2012 cruise - I faxed the materials on 3/30/11 ... heard nothing by 4/11/11 - called Princess and was told "we are receiving about 300 MOBC per day and are processing according to sailing date - for your February 2012 cruise check back in September". Following that conversation - I also mailed my MOBC info to Princess just as a pre-caution. No big deal - just need to keep checking.

My cruise is in August and I have faxed or emailed 3 times already and no response....doesn't show on my Cruise Personalizer either and I used an online TA - and no notice from them.....SOOOOO not sure what the hold up is. The Stock OBC happens same day - would think they would get about the same number of requests.

I will just keep checking - don't want to miss out on this great benefit!!

Please to report that I have found the Southampton Office here in the UK very efficient. I sent them a copy of the Military Benefits Form from their web site together with a covering letter, and proof of service, for my cruise in 6 weeks time. Within 48 hours they e-mailed me a copy of my booking confirmation with the OBC added, followed by another e-mail informing me that they will be keeping my proof on service on file and for future cruises all I need do is complete the form and e-mail or post it to them. Well Done Princess UK.

For what it's worth ... Princess processing of Military OBC (may) now be based on cruise date. For an August cruise my faxed MOBC was processed within 72 hours and appeared on my Princess Personalizer. But -for an upcoming February 2012 cruise - I faxed the materials on 3/30/11 ... heard nothing by 4/11/11 - called Princess and was told "we are receiving about 300 MOBC per day and are processing according to sailing date - for your February 2012 cruise check back in September". Following that conversation - I also mailed my MOBC info to Princess just as a pre-caution. No big deal - just need to keep checking.

That's certainly understandable - but at some point (hopefully they will continue the program) they have to realize that not acknowledging your application is going to generate tons of requests for status if they aren't able to process requests for several months. I sent mine in and I have no idea if they received it - so I'll be checking. A simple automated reply saying it was received and will be processed whenever would do the trick.

That's certainly understandable - but at some point (hopefully they will continue the program) they have to realize that not acknowledging your application is going to generate tons of requests for status if they aren't able to process requests for several months. I sent mine in and I have no idea if they received it - so I'll be checking. A simple automated reply saying it was received and will be processed whenever would do the trick.

Yes - agree with auto-reply .... and keeping MOBC info on file at Princess for future cruise auto-processing would IMO be good for both Princess and customers (less work/expense) ... assuming this benefits continues going forward.

Archived