Time To Try Pacific Dawn !!

Izabelle

21st May...11 nights..6 ports.

Woo hoo we booked today, taking our Daughter and 6 year old Grandaughter, we got a very good price for a Quad guarantee...DD will celebrate her 40th onboard so what better way to celebrate!! :D:)

Just a few questions....we havn't boarded in Brisbane before is Portside far from the airport and do they have shuttle buses to get you there?

Does the Pacific Dawn still have the Dome?

Anyone know who the CD is?

Congrats Izabelle. :) I love the P Dawn. Yes, it still has the Dome and Paul Hancox is the CD at present.

Portside is not far from the airport. I'm not sure if P&O have shuttle buses if you book your flight with them, but someone else will be able to answer that.

Thanks for the info about the Dome...not sure why but I thought I read somewhere that it had been converted into a gym, must have been a different ship:confused:

Really looking forward to cruising on the Pac Dawn as lots of good feedback about her and good to know you enjoy your cruises on her :)

Thanks for the info about the Dome...not sure why but I thought I read somewhere that it had been converted into a gym, must have been a different ship:confused:

Really looking forward to cruising on the Pac Dawn as lots of good feedback about her and good to know you enjoy your cruises on her :)

Hi Izabelle

The Pacific Dawn still has her dome, the dome was replaced by a gym/spa on her sister ship the Pacific Jewel.

That's great news about your cruise I have only heard good things about the Pacific Dawn. I hope you have a fantastic time.:)

The Pacific Dawn is our favourite P & O ship. I am sure you will love her also. :)

I believe that there are shuttle buses from the airport, but with four of you I think it would be cheaper to get a maxi taxi (or maybe a station wagon taxi). You can then go when you are ready and not have to wait until a shuttle bus is full.

21st May...11 nights..6 ports.

Woo hoo we booked today, taking our Daughter and 6 year old Grandaughter, we got a very good price for a Quad guarantee...DD will celebrate her 40th onboard so what better way to celebrate!! :D:)

Nice cruise.

We sailed on Pacific Dawn when she was Regal Princess.

We boardrd in Auckland to sail to Sydney and as we pulled away from the wharf

they played this music over the speakers.

It was spine tingling :D:D

click here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcAVxdjiyrk

Thanks for that David...I agree with you about spine tingling moments, some things really stick in your memory forever, for me it was when we left Dunedin on our NZ cruise, there was a lone piper to see us off and as we sailed away on a coolish misty late afternoon I couldn't take my eyes off him as he marched up and down the wharf playing the bagpipes, I continued listening and looking at him and I'm a bit of a softy and was a bit emotional....Makes me want to do another NZ cruise as I have great memories of it.

Hi Izzy

Though I've only been on the Sun & the Dawn, the Dawn is my favourite.

Spent EVERYNIGHT of my 11 night cruise dancing away in the Dome, celebrating my 'just over' 40th with some girlfriends.

Went on the Sun with hubby (same year) which departed from Portside. We stayed in Brissie the night before and caught the Rivercat from the city, but we cabbed it to the airport on our return and it cost us approx $25 (that was 2008)

Hope you have a great time

regards

Amanda

Hi all glade to hear the Pacific Dawn still has th e dome sailed on her in 07 loved the Dome will sail again soon has there been many changes to the ship haven't kept up todate with ships however my brother and family sailed on the Jewel 09 and from there review the Dawn although a sister ship is far better would love to here what anyone has to say epal

• 1 month later...

Portside parking is no more than a couple of hundred metres away...however there is a free shuttle bus supplied by the carparking company. Much easier just to load your bags into the bus' trailer and catch a free lift straight to the cruise terminal without having to lug your bags down the street. ;)

Congrats Izabelle. :) I love the P Dawn. Yes, it still has the Dome and Paul Hancox is the CD at present.

Portside is not far from the airport. I'm not sure if P&O have shuttle buses if you book your flight with them, but someone else will be able to answer that.

We just got off Dawn on Sat and Sandy was the CD :) Fiona

We just got off Dawn on Sat and Sandy was the CD :) Fiona

Fiona, was he just standing in while Paul Hancox has a break? Wish he would stay as Paul tends to have all the big things, like galley tour, backstage tour, virtual bridge tour as well as champagne waterfall etc on the second last day. Mad - it should be spread out over the time. This was on a 14 day cruise and also happened when our friends went on the next 14 day cruise.

Fiona, was he just standing in while Paul Hancox has a break? Wish he would stay as Paul tends to have all the big things, like galley tour, backstage tour, virtual bridge tour as well as champagne waterfall etc on the second last day. Mad - it should be spread out over the time. This was on a 14 day cruise and also happened when our friends went on the next 14 day cruise.

Whoops, sorry didnt realise :) Sandy was great, really liked him....

Fiona...

p.s Do you know answer to the question asked above, who is deputy cd.... This sounds dreadful, but I dont know her name..lol...

Archived