2012 Dates and Rates here!

tigger77732

So our TA called us today and advised 2012 sailing dates are here!!!!

I am so excited! We plan to book the 10 day cruise for March 14, 2012

We are considering a pre crusie stay and our TA offered Intercontinental Tahiti, but she advised it was $1800 for that add-on. That seems to be quite high, wondering if that package included food, because I was on their website and it seems and OWB is approx 500-600 per night.

If anyone has experience with the 2 day pre crusie stay here, I would appreciate any feedback!

So excited only 11 1/2 months away :D

Melanie

Good grief, that sounds really high for a two-night pre-cruise. Tell me this is for two people! I've not done this, I prefer the Radisson, but I think the pre-cruise rate in 2008 for two nights at the ICB was something like $400 pp?? Can't recall exactly, maybe someone still has that information, our two-night Radisson pre-cruise was $295 pp.

We are considering a pre crusie stay and our TA offered Intercontinental Tahiti, but she advised it was $1800 for that add-on. That seems to be quite high, wondering if that package included food, because I was on their website and it seems and OWB is approx 500-600 per night.

Here are prices for IC Tahiti packages booked thru PG. An OWB is $895 pp so your TA is bang-on at $1800 total. You can do better by booking direct with the property.

InterContinental Resort Tahiti

Includes 2-nights accommodations, daily breakfast and airport/hotel transfers for Air/Sea guests.

Priced pp double occupancy.

All Guests Pre-Cruise - Air/Sea Guests Post-Cruise* - Additional Night

Oceanview Room $465 - $395 - $165

Overwater Motu Bungalow $685 - $655 - $285

Overwater Lagoon Bungalow $895 - $895 - $395

Also remember that your TA is earning a 20% commission on your trip which is quite substantial. I had seen an on line TA offer a $200 on board credit and when I mentioned that to my TA she quickly said that she would do the same. This is $200 out of the TA's pocket but they are still earning a generous commission

It's funny you say that Fight Medic, because I was a little irritated with this TA in the past as I was unsatisfied how she arranged a large family cruise. I didn't want to use her this time and my hubby called her without me knowing. He wanted to make sure I knew she called the day the rates were available for next year and the first thought I had was...I bet she will be better this time around due to the fact she will make a hefty commission:rolleyes:

Hopefully she will make everything smooth this time around...Do you know if we book on our own, what the cost may be for a cab to the ship from the hotel?

She only told us about the 10 day in March 2012 since that will be when we plan to celebrate our 10th anniversary.

I don't see itineraries on the website yet, just the month and year!

You have to click on a different part of the site

on Sailing

Date Day Itineraries Nights

From Lowest Available

Fares

Jan 26-Jan-2012 Thu South Pacific Discovery 17

Feb 11-Feb-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

18-Feb-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

25-Feb-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

Mar 3-Mar-2012 Sat Cook & Society Islands 11

14-Mar-2012 Wed Tuamotus & Society Islands

10ce Price Unavailable Price Unavailable

21-Apr-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

28-Apr-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

May 5-May-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

12-May-2012 Sat Cook & Society Islands 11

23-May-2012 Wed Tuamotus & Society Islands 10

Jun 2-Jun-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

9-Jun-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

16-Jun-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

23-Jun-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

30-Jun-2012 Sat Cook & Society Islands 11

11-Jul-2012 Wed Tuamotus & Society Islands 10

21-Jul-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

28-Jul-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

11-Aug-2012 Sat Society Islands 7 P

18-Aug-2012 Sat Marquesas,Tuamotus,Society Islands 14

Sep 12--2012 Wed Tuamotus & Society Islands 10

Oct6-Oct-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

13-Oct-2012 Sat Society Islands 7 e

Dec 1-2012 Sat Marquesas,Tuamotus,Society Islands 14

15-Dec-2012 Sat Society Islands 7

We did it!!! We are booked for our 5th anniversary on the PG in October 2012!!! A 13 day cruise that visits the Cook Islands, Fiji, Tonga and the Society Islands.

That sounds like a great itinerary - where did you find it?

Thanks!

To find out about the itinerary I called PG direct- 800-848-6172. I then called my TA to book it!

It will be similar to the one offered for January 2012, except it will not go to Australia. They offer free air, but the OBC has not been resolved as it is so far out.

October 2012!!! A 13 day cruise that visits the Cook Islands, Fiji, Tonga and the Society Islands
Hmmmmm. I was hoping for an 11-day Cook and Society Islands cruise in fall 2012. I now think this may not be likely with your itinerary happening in Oct. Will have to wait and see, I guess.

We did it!!! We are booked for our 5th anniversary on the PG in October 2012!!! A 13 day cruise that visits the Cook Islands, Fiji, Tonga and the Society Islands.

Can you tell us the exact date?

Dh and I are also looking to book for Oct 2012 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary but haven't settled on which duration yet. The website is only showing 7 day Society Island itineraries on the 6th and 13th, but no prices yet.

Hmmmmm. I was hoping for an 11-day Cook and Society Islands cruise in fall 2012. I now think this may not be likely with your itinerary happening in Oct. Will have to wait and see, I guess.

@K2DangerGirl - My husband and I were really wanting to go on the 11 day Cook Islands and Society Island cruise in October 2012 as well but after talking to a PG rep today it is not on the schedule. The October 27, 2012(not showing on the schedule yet) cruise goes from Papeete to Fiji and makes a 1 day stop at the Cook Islands. So after thinking about it we decided to go on the September 12, 2012 Tuomotu and Society Island 10 day cruise. This will be our first time on the Paul Gauguin so we are really excited. Seems far away but I'm sure it will come real fast.:)

I have been waiting since last summer to book Oct 2012, and of course now my TA is away in Hawaii till April 18th:eek:

I have a couple of questions for anyone with some experience on this ship or as a TA themsleves...

1- will it "sell out" if I don't call right away, or have limited cabins? My DH absolutely wants a balcony.

2-If I do call, then does my TA lose out, or can I assign it later?

3-if I wait will I get a better deal, such as the OBC? Also it looks like you get either the OBC or the flight... is that true?

Any help would be appreciated!

Can you tell us the exact date?

Dh and I are also looking to book for Oct 2012 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary but haven't settled on which duration yet. The website is only showing 7 day Society Island itineraries on the 6th and 13th, but no prices yet.

October 27,2012

1- will it "sell out" if I don't call right away, or have limited cabins? My DH absolutely wants a balcony. It has not been selling out quickly, so you should have some time.

2-If I do call, then does my TA lose out, or can I assign it later? You can assign it to your TA later.

3-if I wait will I get a better deal, such as the OBC? Also it looks like you get either the OBC or the flight... is that true?

Any help would be appreciated!

They keep offering "deals", but we got the same deal that they are offering now for our June cruise about 6 months ago. :)

Archived