Riverside or Hilton Marina

belkin

Help us decide which hotel to chose! The Riverside sounds like it is in a great location on Los Olas. The Hilton Marina sounds good too, because I like the idea of the water taxi.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice.

I vote for Riverside! We stayed there 2 nights before our recent cruise and it was wonderful! We booked 2 rooms using Name Your Own Price on Priceline. They also have a pretty good "cruisers" deal on their own web-site. Great hotel. Great rooms. Great location! Oh, and there is a water taxi stop right behind the hotel! And the Sun Trolley runs up and down Las Olas and you can ride it to the beach, and even go so far as the 17th St Harbor Shops where Publix & Total wine are located. Any it only costs 50 cents per person!

I vote for Riverside! We stayed there 2 nights before our recent cruise and it was wonderful! We booked 2 rooms using Name Your Own Price on Priceline. They also have a pretty good "cruisers" deal on their own web-site. Great hotel. Great rooms. Great location! Oh, and there is a water taxi stop right behind the hotel! And the Sun Trolley runs up and down Las Olas and you can ride it to the beach, and even go so far as the 17th St Harbor Shops where Publix & Total wine are located. Any it only costs 50 cents per person!

Thanks. I think so too. I ran across a link to the water taxi stops and it looks like there are a couple stops on Los Olas. Hopefully they wont be too far away for us to walk to.

Between the Sun Trolley and the water taxi this should be great. I am starting to really get excited:D

Add my vote for the Riverside. We stayed there, 2 nights in early March. We loved the location. Las Olas had really nice restaurants. We walked to the water taxi and spent a whole morning enjoying the waterways. They let you off right at the hotel. We enjoyed the atmosphere at the hotel. The service was top notch. We'd definately stay there again.

Add my vote for the Riverside. We stayed there, 2 nights in early March. We loved the location. Las Olas had really nice restaurants. We walked to the water taxi and spent a whole morning enjoying the waterways. They let you off right at the hotel. We enjoyed the atmosphere at the hotel. The service was top notch. We'd definately stay there again.

Now I am really excited!! I was hoping that we would be able to walk to the water taxi.

Thanks so much for sharing. Is there anything else we should not miss?

You can find info on the water taxi on line. Also, there are lots of restaurants to choose from on Las Olas. I found a web site that was called las olas boulevard dot com that listed a number of restaurants plus lots of other info. I checked out menues and found a French restaurant a block up from the Riverside on the opposite side of the street that had a sunset special from 4:30 - 5:45 pm. It was 3 courses for $20. Since we were arriving that day, we were tired and wanted to eat early and then rest. It was very pleasant and we sat outside. This restaurant was Cafe La Bonne Crepe. If you browse around on the internet you can check out menues and make your own choices. You can find a CVS within walking distance. We just asked the hotel for directions. When we got there, we bought what we needed, mouthwash and wine (we couldn't pack those things!) and had breakfast at a fast food bagel place next door. Hope this helps.

Archived