Carnival Paradise to be refurbished

Sunset Rider

Yup he said the ELATION & PARADISE wont get the waterworks refit! & it sucks cause a 14 day drydock only services the things that need to be replaced or fixed, no real changes can be made in that time:(:(:(! But he said to stay tuned cause they could do something new just for those two ships on a future dry dock! Hope they do something totally cool & new to the public areas

Yup he said the ELATION & PARADISE wont get the waterworks refit! & it sucks cause a 14 day drydock only services the things that need to be replaced or fixed, no real changes can be made in that time:(:(:(! But he said to stay tuned cause they could do something new just for those two ships on a future dry dock! Hope they do something totally cool & new to the public areas

He who? Im new to the whole cruise information / scuttlebutt could you provide me a link to read ?

Thank you

BTW Grand Caymen / Cozumel any thoughts it will be my first time to either port

Hey Sunset Rider, thanks for the info. I was booked along with 3 other "girls" on the Paradise Feb. 6, 2012 ...... and it will not be happening. I called Carnival they they confirmed that the sailing is "closed". So I'm in the process of letting my friends know the news . . . Our travel agent has known since April 4th that our sailing was canceled and didn't tell us.

She's that bad?

I just off her in march of 2011 & shes not that bad! The rooms are clean & comfy but VERY OUTDATED! She has the new SERENITY AREA in the back & the public areas are in good shape, BUT im not super picky:D she needs a sprucing up & have the rooms brought in line with the refurbed. FANTASY CLASS ships!

Yikes - sounds like liver disease or cancer!

I sail on her AFTER "whatever" refurbishment process will occur.

Yeah I forgot there is yellow vinal chairs everywere! Lets hope they change that in the refurb. but after a couple "funship drink specials" they didn't look that bad:eek::D

I was really hoping for the waterworks. Tampa is such a "family friendly" port and we love the Inspiration. The waterworks is what makes those smaller ships compete with the rest. I am sad to see her go and be replaced with the Paradise.

yeaaaaaaaaa glad to know she will get a face lift. we are booked for summer 2012 and I started getting nervous after reading some reviews here. lol

1st off love the profile pic brings me a smile at work lol:D I just got off her in March of this year & Shes Not That Bad BUT im not a nit picker hehe! I went on with my mother as a birthday gift to her! The wait staff in the MDR were great & knew us by name the 1st night, same with the stewards! The public spaces are VERY VERY CLEAN, I seen people scrubbing & polishig the ship which seems like 24/7! The rooms are CLEAN & the beds COMFY with carnivals new comfort beds BUT the rooms are VERY OUTDATED! It didnt bother me cause we didn't stay in em much! Yes like people say the ship is full of YELLOW vinal chairs everywere but joe farcus the designer has weird colors on every ship(ex. the splendor is pink inside so...) they do have the serenity area added with two hot tubs & padded loungers BUT no waterworks according to john heald on the next drydock! Don't be nerveous, just walk in with no perceived notions & be glad your VACATION & you will be fine! have a great cruise! thats my two cents ;)

The wait staff in the MDR were great & knew us by name the 1st night, same with the stewards! The public spaces are VERY VERY CLEAN, I seen people scrubbing & polishig the ship which seems like 24/7! The rooms are CLEAN & the beds COMFY with carnivals new comfort beds BUT the rooms are VERY OUTDATED! It didnt bother me cause we didn't stay in em much! Yes like people say the ship is full of YELLOW vinal chairs everywere but joe farcus the designer has weird colors on every ship(ex. the splendor is pink inside so...)

Thank you for your 2 cents ! ;-) glad you liked the profile pic. You made me feel more comfortable. when I kept reading outdated, worn etc. taking the 2 youngest grandsons for their 1st cruise, and all 1st cruises have to go out of Tampa to see husbands family. we did The inspiration in 09 for oldest brother of theirs. i just didnt want their cruise being on some plastic barbi boat. lol

I would not worry at all about being disappointed in the condition of the ship. Personally I thought it was very clean. Sure there are a few worn areas of the carpet in the stateroom hallways but no big deal. I didn't really consider the stateroom outdated either. It was very big for a stateroom was my main thought, actually.

Yes, there is a large area of seating with yellow vinyl chairs, but ummm, they are just chairs. They are clean, they are in good condition and they are also fairly comfy.

I think you will be please other than the fact that there is just a reg pool and one water slide for the kids.

Oh, and the TVs are really small.

Archived