I had trouble

Himself

Friends, fellow cc ers. I had trouble geeing into our boards for a few days.

I was last here on March 8th. I finaly got in through the cruise critic.com and then shut that off and got in through my bookmard. Normally this is the way I have been getting in since I joined in the Fall of 2000. I was wondering if any one else had the same problem

Himself

I've had a lot of trouble as well. I can get to the cc main board, but when I try to go to message boards, I get a technical data error...? I'm not a computer whiz so I didn't know if the problem was with the board server or something with my computer. I actually got on this time by going through a link on the bottom of the main page for (RCI?) ccer gatherings, going to roll call from there and the HAL board from there. Kind of back door I suppose.:rolleyes: I've also noticed things running slow!!! (Just off and on) Hope it's just a temp. problem.:)

Laurie

I had trouble last night and again this a.m. I'd be able to access the main HAL boards, but when I tried to click on a thread it would take forever and never load completely. So it must be problems all over.

Strange thing is I noticed that fewer than ever people were on the boards at the time so it's not a "traffic problem".

• Administrators

As you mention, there are been intermittent problems over the last two days. THe earlier part of the week we were flying! It always seems that we make great strides, only to find ourselves a bit farther back in a permanent fix than we thought.

Thanks for your patience, we truly are working on this constantly.

Laura

As you mention, there are been intermittent problems over the last two days. THe earlier part of the week we were flying! It always seems that we make great strides, only to find ourselves a bit farther back in a permanent fix than we thought.

Thanks for your patience, we truly are working on this constantly.

Laura

Laura tell the real truth. And that is the people who were supposed to fix the problems were acually moonlighting in a jade factory that had gone onto three shift production for the first time in anticipation of Slinkie's visit in Hong Kong.

Seriously the problems seem to be at the non-peak usage times which is really odd. Thanks for the update.

I've had a lot of trouble as well. I can get to the cc main board, but when I try to go to message boards, I get a technical data error...? I'm not a computer whiz so I didn't know if the problem was with the board server or something with my computer. I actually got on this time by going through a link on the bottom of the main page for (RCI?) ccer gatherings, going to roll call from there and the HAL board from there. Kind of back door I suppose.:rolleyes: I've also noticed things running slow!!! (Just off and on) Hope it's just a temp. problem.:)

Laurie

No, Laurie, it's not your computer. I'm having a hell of a time too. Same data errors you talk about, plus even today it is taking absolutely forever to bring up a post. I, too, hope it's just a temporary problem ... cause I'm having to go onto other cruise message boards to get my fix ... and those are nowhere near as nice as this one is.

Blue skies ...

--rita

No, Laurie, it's not your computer. I'm having a hell of a time too. Same data errors you talk about, plus even today it is taking absolutely forever to bring up a post. I, too, hope it's just a temporary problem ... cause I'm having to go onto other cruise message boards to get my fix ... and those are nowhere near as nice as this one is.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Same thing with me. I thought my kids had screwed up the computer.:eek: Still running slow as I post.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your post earlier on this thread about moonlighting at the jade factory in anticipation of Slinkies visit. Good one. I quoted it on G and S's Princesndam WC thread and then I tried to come back to this thread to thank you and couldn't find it. The thread had disappeared. Then today it is back again. I don't know what I was doing or if I did anything. Anyway thank you for a good chuckle.

Thanks for your message to us, Laura.

Thanks as well for all you do to provide us the fun we have on these boards. The change to get and share information. Greatly appreciated.

I have been having many problems accessing. Vic has not ... indeed, he was able to access at times that I was having trouble getting in. Vic is on the East Coast, I'm in Texas ... so, it must also have something to do with where someone is trying to access from (as in ... problems not just on their servers but in how their servers are connecting to the various parts of the internet).

You may be right about the problems having to do with where we are located, or perhaps just our ISP. Yesterday I couldn't get on at all for about an hour. And when my request finally did go through, I saw that others had posted during that time. The best access time for me is about nine in the morning. At that time all the East-coasters are sound asleep (5 a.m.) and all there is left are the West-coast night owls. susan.

I have had a hard time getting in and then posting. It was real sloooowww. Then my DSL started acting up and was very slow. Call my DSl provider and we walked through the problem. He said something had corupted the connection. We tried several things. Then rebooted everything is OK.

Lefty Bob

Archived