Maxi dresses

Hoyaheel

You could try Next - they are an English company that sell decent clothes. I use them a lot because they have a great petites section, being short I often find it difficult to get clothes to fit.

They make some really nice maxi dresses (in petite too for the shorties like me) and ship to the US, although I don't know what their shipping costs are like. In the UK they have a great returns policy too.

The email address is www.next.co.uk - at the bottom of the home page there is a link to follow if you're shopping from a different country.

They have a great offers page - look to the right of the home page and you see it in red type. They have some maxi dresses on there at the moment (they are end of line though and it depends whether they have your size). I find they make some maxi dresses drape that nicely and are forgiving on the figure. Their main maxi dress section in this season's range is http://www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-women-category-dresses-designfeature-maxi-72

I got this one from the offers page for formal night - you can't see from the photo but it has a band just above the waist that also has a fabric flower on (like it has on the shoulder). It was so comfortable to wear. It has a low back, so I bought a bra converter from La Senza (only £5) so that I could wear one of my normal bras but it just fastened the back of it lower so that it didn't show above the dress.

CruisePhoto2resized.jpg

ETA: Just remembered that if you do check out the Next site, you will need to bear in mind that we size differently here in the UK e.g. a UK size 14 would be a US size 10 - so you would need to check the sizing guide to see whether they are referring to UK sizes when selling the goods.

Hi! Just wondering how many Maxi dresses people take on cruises?:confused: I have recently bought 3 and want to take them all!:rolleyes:

I say take as many as you can fit in your luggage. If I have enough room I will change clothes 3 or more times a day.:p I'm sure my husband will love that. I found a really cute maxi dress at coldwatercreek.com. I had a groupon coupon for $50 worth of merchandise for $25 and the site is offering 25% off and free shipping. They have clothes for all ages and usually very well made. I bought this dress today but I got it in black.

K03184_040_S.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine gave me a catalog from this site. It's got some really pretty maxi dresses that are "bra friendly:"

http://www.casuallivingusa.com

I found a really pretty "tattoo" print dress at Macy's (the store)--they have some really pretty ones on line as well:

http://www1.macys.com/index.ognc

Good luck with your search (I'm having similar issues with SHOES!)

:)

Archived