Concierge Level + Hot Breakfast

Philet

Hi everyone,

First off, I'd like to thank all of those who post on this forum as I've read through a big part of it and it's helped answer several questions of mine.

I'm booking a Baltic cruise next summer on the Nautica and I would like to know if there are differences between Concierge Level and regular cabins other than the ones listed on the website (which seems out-of-date: the mini-fridge is still only listed for concierge and up).

More specifically, I'm hesitating between a concierge level room or the deluxe ocean view room on deck 7:

• One of the things I enjoyed most during my past cruises was breakfast on the Veranda, but I've only done very-warm-weather cruises so far. Do you think it's feasible on a Baltic cruise during the month of August?
  • I read pretty much everywhere that only concierge level and up gets hot breakfast for room service, which would be a deal-breaker for me. However, when I called customer service, they said that hot breakfast would be available for all rooms on that cruise (or, at least, the deluxe ocean view room). When I asked if he was sure, he confirmed and said that the only caveat was that hot breakfast couldn't be delivered to the room before 7:30AM, whereas the continental one could. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Finally, are there any other differences not mentioned on the website? I know they've lowered the price delta so there may not be much of a difference between the two anymore...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Phil

We have been in Concierge class on 2 recent cruises. There is an expanded menu with "hot" items. We also have ordered some thing "off menu" and were rewarded every time with what we had asked for (items were on the mdr menu but not CC menu).

I think you should call back and ask someone else. It's possible that this is a recent change. We were in B1 a year ago and they did not offer hot breakfast just continental.

• I read pretty much everywhere that only concierge level and up gets hot breakfast for room service, which would be a deal-breaker for me. However, when I called customer service, they said that hot breakfast would be available for all rooms on that cruise (or, at least, the deluxe ocean view room). When I asked if he was sure, he confirmed and said that the only caveat was that hot breakfast couldn't be delivered to the room before 7:30AM, whereas the continental one could. Can anyone confirm this?

More specifically, I'm hesitating between a concierge level room or the deluxe ocean view room on deck 7:

Phil

Maybe they allow the deck 7 C cabins the same benefits as concierge passengers

I know some people that stayed in those cabin & they did get the tote bag

that the A cabin received

Lyn

I just got off the Colonial Crossing Mar 27 to April 16 ending in Barcelona. I was in a concierge class A2 and a hot breakfast was always available. I had been booked in B4 class and was upgraded for $100 each to A2 The difference in A2 included upgraded bedding, an Oceania carry bag, concierge lounge ( on our floor #9), extra reservation for speciality diningroom, Bulgari toiletries, welcome bottle of champagne, laptop internet access, 2 complimentary pressings of garments, cashmere blankets for throws, priority luggage delivery and priority check-in.

Hope this has helped you.

Sarahjanice

I can only report on what I know...

When we cruised on Nautica in July 2009...in a Concierge cabin, we often had breakfast brought to our cabin EARLY since we had a lot of early shore excursions...We were always able to order full hot breakfast--Pancakes, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, etc.

We had a running joke with a friend of ours in a lesser category cabin who could only get Continental Breakfast that she was in "Steerage"...

We understood at the time that this was one of the perks of our Concierge class cabin...Were this not a Concierge perk, we probably would not have seen much advantage over an "ordinary" balcony cabin...

We have just this week returned from Nautica, Hong Kong - Dubai where we were in Concierge level A2 on deck 7. Both continental and hot breakfast were available from room service from 0630, which was very convenient for those days when you are doing a morning excursion.

I just got off the Colonial Crossing Mar 27 to April 16 ending in Barcelona. I was in a concierge class A2 and a hot breakfast was always available. I had been booked in B4 class and was upgraded for $100 each to A2 The difference in A2 included upgraded bedding, an Oceania carry bag, concierge lounge ( on our floor #9), extra reservation for speciality diningroom, Bulgari toiletries, welcome bottle of champagne, laptop internet access, 2 complimentary pressings of garments, cashmere blankets for throws, priority luggage delivery and priority check-in.

Hope this has helped you.

Sarahjanice

What is the "concierge lounge?" I didn't think Oceania had a concierge lounge for concierge passengers?

What is the "concierge lounge?" I didn't think Oceania had a concierge lounge for concierge passengers?

The poster was referring to the new Concierge Lounge on the newly launched "Marina". It will not effect your cruise on the Regatta.

• 3 weeks later...

We had room service breakfast every early morning on Marina when we were going out touring by room service. We had cabin 7040 as I recall. There is a 24 hour room service menu in every cabin. I believe the only advantage is that some of the upper level cabins have access to the specialty restaurant menus in their cabin, suite or PH. And by the way one gets a tote bag and priority boarding and disembarking. The butler makes reservations and invitations for you besides all the butlering stuff in that category.

We had room service breakfast every early morning on Marina when we were going out touring by room service. We had cabin 7040 as I recall. There is a 24 hour room service menu in every cabin.

Were you able to get hot breakfast:confused: EG eggs, pancakes

I think that is the question

Every cabin can order from room service but some have more options to choose from

Were on Regatta this past Sept in deluxe oceanview room (no veranda) right next to the Concierge class cabins, and we did not receive hot breakfast, only continental, nor did we receive tote bags - had to carry our Azamara bags all over the place.

Were on Regatta this past Sept in deluxe oceanview room (no veranda) right next to the Concierge class cabins, and we did not receive hot breakfast, only continental, nor did we receive tote bags - had to carry our Azamara bags all over the place.

They are C Cat cabins so why you you expect the perks for Concierge:confused:

Archived