Booking through US Agencies

Does this mean we could book a Celebrity cruise through "*************" instead of booking through an Australian agent? We could basically save approx $1000 on a balcony cabin through their website compared to the cheapest Australian website on a cruise out of Sydney.

We have booked a number of RCI cruises through a US agent, no problem and have asked about Celebrity and they confirmed it is okay for them as well.

I would definitely give it a go.

I've booked direct with NCL.COM for our cruise in 2012, got the half price deposit promo for balcony cabin + $50 obc.

Is there any benefit to swithch the booking to a Aussie agent.

None that I know of, although you could always ask a TA. I can think of some reasons it can make things more complicated though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am a very new newbi and was wondering if you could email me personally a list of any US TA you have used with good results. I do understand you cannot name anyone on this site, but there must be a way of finding out how and who to go to in the US considering the difference in prices between US and Aussie dollars. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

I agree with Globaliser's comment, on the same thread -

"I personally do what every low-volume individual consumer can do: I won't buy a Princess cruise in the UK if I feel I am being ripped off by the pricing, and if I can't buy it in the US either I will take my money elsewhere - and not necessarily to another cruise line."

Maybe when enough customers take their business elsewhere, the cruise lines will listen. However, by then, it may be too late, when people discover the joys of independent overseas travel by other means of transport.

Hi

I am a very new newbi and was wondering if you could email me personally a list of any US TA you have used with good results. I do understand you cannot name anyone on this site, but there must be a way of finding out how and who to go to in the US considering the difference in prices between US and Aussie dollars. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

Our guidelines do not permit the posting of, or requesting emails containing, travel agency recommendations. However we do have extensive information for folks who are new to cruising. Click here: New to cruising?

And here's a Cruise Critic article that can help you find the best agency.

travel-agent-thumbnail.jpgFinding a Cruise Travel Agent

Consider joining the 75 percent of cruisers who book through a travel agent for expert advice and personal service.

Walt

Please do not take this as any criticism of your good self - you do a wonderful job in moderating this Forum

However - you are the only link that we have with anybody in CC management - and you seem to be sometimes be able to get things done "for us" :)

The BIGGEST problem with CC (and a good reason as to why another Internet Forum dealing with cruising by Australians was formed) is that this site is VERY Americano-centric. It is quite pointless directing us to two webpages that tell us how to book a cruise through (American) agents - when it appears that we are not able to make such bookings for a large number of cruiselines.

I am sure that many/most here would be quite happy to make bookings through the US agents that support this site - but what we need is some direct and specific information as to just what we can do and what we can't. For example, which of the US agents that CC supports can we book through? - and for which cruiselines???

Barry

Walt

Please do not take this as any criticism of your good self - you do a wonderful job in moderating this Forum

However - you are the only link that we have with anybody in CC management - and you seem to be sometimes be able to get things done "for us" :)

The BIGGEST problem with CC (and a good reason as to why another Internet Forum dealing with cruising by Australians was formed) is that this site is VERY Americano-centric. It is quite pointless directing us to two webpages that tell us how to book a cruise through (American) agents - when it appears that we are not able to make such bookings for a large number of cruiselines.

I am sure that many/most here would be quite happy to make bookings through the US agents that support this site - but what we need is some direct and specific information as to just what we can do and what we can't. For example, which of the US agents that CC supports can we book through? - and for which cruiselines???

Barry

You raise a good point.

Firstly I would suggest contacting a US based agency or two that look good to you and explain how much difficulty you have in arranging for an equivalent pricing.

Many agencies are international and many others have developed relationships with other agencies.

In the meantime, I will escalate your suggestion upstairs for consideration.

Thanks.

Walt

My last 2 cruise's I booked through a TA off this site. And they were FANTASTIC.... The most important advantage is the cost. And with the Aussie $ ATM, even better. But also price drops & OBC. We had a couple of price drops so I emailed my TA and she submitted the form and we received some OBC. Very easy. But Aussie TA's it is another story. DH insisted I book our next 3 cruises through aussie TA's which I did (won't listen to him again hehe). There have been a few price drops and they have told me they can't submit the price drop form, that I had to. I contacted the Cruise companies and they could not help told me and that the TA had to do it. Well I was going around in circles At this state I am getting dizzy:eek:Long story short I ended up with NO OBC when my CC counterparts on the same cruises are reaping in some serious amounts of OBC. NOT HAPPY JAN. So infuture I will only be booking with US TA's.;)

Firstly I would suggest contacting a US based agency

And thats exactly what we did........we didn't rely on anyone spoon feeding the info to us, we did the legwork (fingerwork) ourselves and now have 3 agencies that handle our bookings for our oversea's cruises......if you've got the time to find the cheaper prices you have the time to send an email asking the questions you want answered.. ......you could do a lot worse than to start with the ones listed on CC.......cheers Shiona

I suppose for Princess fans it's a case of bad luck if you missed the Dec 31, 2009 cut-off date. From what I understand ( and please check me if I'm incorrect), if you didn't book a Princess cruise via a US agent before this date, then you'd have no chance of booking one with a US agent after this date to get a competitive deal.:(

The only way is to have a good set of cousins in the US who would let you use their home address and phone number . . . (It would help if this address were connected to your credit card or use cash/ check -yeah I'm a yank:-) (same difference as it is washed through the TA's account before heading to the cruise line.) Even then with Princess most agents I know would be a bit apprehensive about handling the booking unless eveything looked good. Those optus email addresses are going to spook off a few I would think as are the au's on the end.

Archived