Booking through US Agencies

from a travel agent

Many cruise lines are now enforcing the cross-border rules. This means that US travel agencies may NOT sell cruises to international clients unless they also have a valid and verifiable address in the United States. The ONLY exception to this rule is Canadians, which are considered part of our North American contracts and not international clients. While in the majority of instances there will be no negative impact to the client, the cruise line will NOT pay you commission on the booking. There are no exceptions to this rule. As of this writing, please be aware of the following cruise line’s policies:

Even where it is currently OK to book international clients on select cruise lines, please be aware that these policies can change at any time.

Princess:

NO international bookings UNLESS the passenger was booked through you on a Princess sailing prior to 2010, in which case you can still book the client and be paid commission. You would need to be able to produce the booking number(s) for the earlier cruise(s) if verification was requested.

Cunard:

NO international bookings UNLESS the passenger was booked through you on a Cunard sailing prior to 2010, in which case you can still book the client and be paid commission. You would need to be able to produce the booking number(s) for the earlier cruise(s) if verification was requested.

Holland America:

No international bookings are accepted. The cruise line will either cancel the booking and notify you that it has been cancelled, take over the booking or refuse to pay commission.

Carnival:

Currently OK to book international clients.

NCL:

RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara:

Regent:

Silversea:

Crystal:

Oceania:

NO international bookings are accepted.

Costa:

MSC:

International bookings will be accepted ONLY IF BOOKED THROUGH AUTOMATION: NO manual bookings will be accepted for international clients.

From Princess thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1289031

I agree with Globaliser's comment, on the same thread -

"I personally do what every low-volume individual consumer can do: I won't buy a Princess cruise in the UK if I feel I am being ripped off by the pricing, and if I can't buy it in the US either I will take my money elsewhere - and not necessarily to another cruise line."

Maybe when enough customers take their business elsewhere, the cruise lines will listen. However, by then, it may be too late, when people discover the joys of independent overseas travel by other means of transport.

Thanks for the list and the link Marion...... i look to book with whoever can give me the "the most for the least" not only cruises but most of what we buy;) hmmm thats possibly the Scot in me:p.. and if that means not having a preference to any particular brand so be it........

Have just booked the Solstice April 2013 Sydney to Honolulu through a U.S agent no problem....have booked in USD which means I am the one in control of the exchange rate when it comes to paying....the agencies here i see are quoting in AUD......now is that variable with the exchange or set.. ...:confused::confused: cheers Shiona

Thanks for the list and the link Marion...... i look to book with whoever can give me the "the most for the least" not only cruises but most of what we buy;) hmmm thats possibly the Scot in me:p.. and if that means not having a preference to any particular brand so be it........

Have just booked the Solstice April 2013 Sydney to Honolulu through a U.S agent no problem....have booked in USD which means I am the one in control of the exchange rate when it comes to paying....the agencies here i see are quoting in AUD......now is that variable with the exchange or set.. ...:confused::confused: cheers Shiona

Solstice April 2013 Sydney to Honolulu 2013 looks a great cruise, Shiona.

After all the years of charging for overseas cruises in US$, funny how Australian TAs are now quoting, in AUD. Could it be something to do with the Aussie battler being worth more than the US$ now?

"Princess:

NO international bookings UNLESS the passenger was booked through you on a Princess sailing prior to 2010, in which case you can still book the client and be paid commission. You would need to be able to produce the booking number(s) for the earlier cruise(s) if verification was requested."

The problem, as I see it is, even if you were a client of the US TA, if you haven't booked a Princess cruise with them prior to 2010, the TA won't receive any commission for booking a Princess cruise on your behalf.

Hi Shiona

We are going to book this cruise in a couple of weeks while we are on the Celebrity Infinity. It looks great. I think Balcony is approx. 2600 each. Does this sound fair?

Kerry:)

After all the years of charging for overseas cruises in US$, funny how Australian TAs are now quoting, in AUD. Could it be something to do with the Aussie battler being worth more than the US$ now?

We will never know....Marion....

Hi Shiona

We are going to book this cruise in a couple of weeks while we are on the Celebrity Infinity. It looks great. I think Balcony is approx. 2600 each. Does this sound fair?Kerry:)

Hi Kerry look forward to seeing you on our rollcall....yep it's already on the go...:D if i were you i would go armed with prices when you go and see the onboard cruise consultant....get her to price and compare with what you have also never hurts to ask what extra's they are willing to add on ....yep i'm the cheeky one...:D....as for pricing in AUD i have seen start prices for balconies from $2275 for Deluxe Ocean Verandah right through to Sky Suite at $3495... good luck with the booking and have a great time on the Infinity.......btw i am going to book, if he is not already booked out, Patrick's 3/4 day Lagoon and Polynesian Lunch Excursion for a group of 8 for Bora Bora i will have 6 places to fill...emailed him today so should find out soon........although it is Tahiti and time moves ever sooooooo slow there:D cheers Shiona...

ps: click the dancing badger for email addy if you need it....

Partly, but I think its got more to do with the local agents wanting to

"clip the ticket" ....

and clip it on their own terms.:mad:

We will never know....Marion....

Hi Kerry look forward to seeing you on our rollcall....yep it's already on the go...:D if i were you i would go armed with prices when you go and see the onboard cruise consultant....get her to price and compare with what you have also never hurts to ask what extra's they are willing to add on ....yep i'm the cheeky one...:D....as for pricing in AUD i have seen start prices for balconies from $2275 for Deluxe Ocean Verandah right through to Sky Suite at $3495... good luck with the booking and have a great time on the Infinity.......btw i am going to book, if he is not already booked out, Patrick's 3/4 day Lagoon and Polynesian Lunch Excursion for a group of 8 for Bora Bora i will have 6 places to fill...emailed him today so should find out soon........although it is Tahiti and time moves ever sooooooo slow there:D cheers Shiona...

ps: click the dancing badger for email addy if you need it....

Thanks so much Shiona for your advice. I will print off prices and take them with me. I think they also offer 300.00 OBC and 100.00 reduced deposit for booking onboard, which is a bonus if the price is right. I will join the rollcall as soon as we return. The lagoon & lunch sound great. I know what you mean about waiting for reply emails when booking shore excursions. Some of the ones in Alaska take up to a week to respond. Lucky them if life is a bit slower.

Thanks so much Shiona for your advice. I will print off prices and take them with me. I think they also offer 300.00 OBC and 100.00 reduced deposit for booking onboard, which is a bonus if the price is right. I will join the rollcall as soon as we return. The lagoon & lunch sound great. I know what you mean about waiting for reply emails when booking shore excursions. Some of the ones in Alaska take up to a week to respond. Lucky them if life is a bit slower.

Hi Kerry we did the Patrick excursion in 2009 when we were on Rhapsody and would highly recomment it. A most memorable day!!!

Hi Kerry we did the Patrick excursion in 2009 when we were on Rhapsody and would highly recomment it. A most memorable day!!!

Thanks Susie. We haven't even booked yet and I am excited. Doesn't hurt to start planning early. Any other info. would be great. :)

Hi Susie how many ended up in the Patrick group i was sooo jealous of you all.....grrr for cancelling cruise... See you're off soon have a fabulous time on your cruise'ssssssss you are going to need a holiday by the time you get home....we will meet one day.............:D

Thanks Susie. We haven't even booked yet and I am excited. Doesn't hurt to start planning early. Any other info. would be great. :)

John and I are excited about this cruise too.....we loved our Tahiti stops when we did the Rhapsody of the Sea's back in 2007.....i said 2009 on the roll call.....yet another practising senior moment:cool:

Patrick has confirmed the tour for the day....yay....i thought i was going to be too early but he told me he has already got bookings in for around that time and you can never book too early with him......

cheers Shiona

Guess we should get back on topic soon......:p

Think i might email an agent who is advertising in AUD and ask if the USD keeps going up will they honor the price drop......

Hi Susie how many ended up in the Patrick group i was sooo jealous of you all.....grrr for cancelling cruise... See you're off soon have a fabulous time on your cruise'ssssssss you are going to need a holiday by the time you get home....we will meet one day.............:D

John and I are excited about this cruise too.....we loved our Tahiti stops when we did the Rhapsody of the Sea's back in 2007.....i said 2009 on the roll call.....yet another practising senior moment:cool:

Patrick has confirmed the tour for the day....yay....i thought i was going to be too early but he told me he has already got bookings in for around that time and you can never book too early with him......

cheers Shiona

Guess we should get back on topic soon......:p

Think i might email an agent who is advertising in AUD and ask if the USD keeps going up will they honor the price drop......

Put us down for 2 places if you can. I don't even know what the day consists of but from your excitement it sounds good. Wouldn't want to miss out. I googled and found a few reviews on the tour and they were great. Sorry, no more off topic. Thanks Shiona

Kerry :)

Just wondering if anyone has noticed when logging onto Princess site to check a cruise and price that as from last Friday we have been unable to see the US prices when we sign in, never had a problem until Friday.

A couple of cruises we are looking at are showing most categories as N/A and the prices for the minis are way above what was showing on the US site on Thursday. Very hard to keep check of price drops and as our cruises are booked in the US we do like to be able to take advantage of any reduction.

Hope this is going to be rectified soon.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed when logging onto Princess site to check a cruise and price that as from last Friday we have been unable to see the US prices when we sign in, never had a problem until Friday.A couple of cruises we are looking at are showing most categories as N/A and the prices for the minis are way above what was showing on the US site on Thursday. Very hard to keep check of price drops and as our cruises are booked in the US we do like to be able to take advantage of any reduction.

Hope this is going to be rectified soon.

I would not count on it.

In NZ, for ages now , when we click on to the Princess site the prices come up in NZ dollars....

(those cunning computers:mad:)

and I thought that was the same for Australia......

ie the prices came up in Au dollars.

If we click on Royal Caribbean however , the prices come up in Au dollars.:D

I would not count on it.

In NZ, for ages now , when we click on to the Princess site the prices come up in NZ dollars....

Thanks David for your reply.

Initially on the Princess site the prices do come up in Aus $ but when I sign in, having a US booking I then get the US prices. Even with our rising dollar there is a large difference in prices on a couple of the cruises we are interested in.

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have provided pricing in Australian dollars (which applies to local TAs booking through them) since they opened their local office in 2009.

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have provided pricing in Australian dollars (which applies to local TAs booking through them) since they opened their local office in 2009.

The RCCL was not available yesterday but I have just checked it this morning and although the site address says ****.com.au , the prices come up for us here , in NZ dollars.

I would not count on it.

Those cunning computers don't know everything, David.

To book flights from Canada, for example, I just change my location to Canada!

Same, if I want tourist information on eastern Canada, I change my location to Canada, otherwise Canadian Tourism provides tourist information limited to what they think appeals to Australians.

The RCCL was not available yesterday but I have just checked it this morning and although the site address says ****.com.au , the prices come up for us here , in NZ dollars.

Not sure which site you're referring to as it's been blocked out, but the comment was about Australian agencies having Australian pricing instead of US.

Put us down for 2 places if you can. I don't even know what the day consists of but from your excitement it sounds good. Wouldn't want to miss out. I googled and found a few reviews on the tour and they were great. Sorry, no more off topic. Thanks Shiona

Kerry :)

Hi Kerry

You are both on my list....:D:D:D catch up when on the other board when you get back..........cheers Shiona

Hi Shiona, yes I am sorry you didn't make the Rhapsody cruise to Honolulu - we had a great bunch of CC people!! We even performed in the guest talent show at the end of the cruise!!

Patrick ended up using 3 "boats" and each boat had 10 or so people. Wonderful, wonderful wonderful day!!

I am in LA at the moment. We are over nighting before we fly to Miami and then FLL tomorrow. The Constellation cruises start on Saturday. Still pinching myself that we are going to be on her for 6 weeks!!!

Hope to sail with you in the future.

You will love your day with Patrick.......But make sure he takes the tour. He plays a ukelele and sings while driving the boat. Swimming with the stingrays and sharks is awesome. The picnic lunch in the shallows consisted of mahi mahi, marinated chicken and plentiful lobster, with french champagne. The most memorable excursion we did when we cruised on the Paul Gauguin last August.

Now deciding on a cruise from here, Diamond Princess, Radiance or to wait one more year for Solstice.........??????????????

from a travel agent

Many cruise lines are now enforcing the cross-border rules. This means that US travel agencies may NOT sell cruises to international clients unless they also have a valid and verifiable address in the United States. The ONLY exception to this rule is Canadians, which are considered part of our North American contracts and not international clients. While in the majority of instances there will be no negative impact to the client, the cruise line will NOT pay you commission on the booking. There are no exceptions to this rule. As of this writing, please be aware of the following cruise line’s policies:

Even where it is currently OK to book international clients on select cruise lines, please be aware that these policies can change at any time.

Princess:

NO international bookings UNLESS the passenger was booked through you on a Princess sailing prior to 2010, in which case you can still book the client and be paid commission. You would need to be able to produce the booking number(s) for the earlier cruise(s) if verification was requested.

Cunard:

NO international bookings UNLESS the passenger was booked through you on a Cunard sailing prior to 2010, in which case you can still book the client and be paid commission. You would need to be able to produce the booking number(s) for the earlier cruise(s) if verification was requested.

Holland America:

No international bookings are accepted. The cruise line will either cancel the booking and notify you that it has been cancelled, take over the booking or refuse to pay commission.

Carnival:

NCL:

RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara:

Regent:

Silversea:

Crystal:

Oceania:

Costa:

MSC:

International bookings will be accepted ONLY IF BOOKED THROUGH AUTOMATION: NO manual bookings will be accepted for international clients.

From Princess thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1289031

Does this mean we could book a Celebrity cruise through "*************" instead of booking through an Australian agent? We could basically save approx $1000 on a balcony cabin through their website compared to the cheapest Australian website on a cruise out of Sydney.

Archived