Oceania Regatta

newfiegirl4

Hey all,

I have a question or 2 for you. :)

Going to the French Polynesian Islands in Jan/2012 (Tahitian Breeze)and want to know what are the best tours/things to do in the ports? I've been looking at the 3.5 hr ATV tour in Moorea. Lots of good reviews on that!

Bora Bora(the over night Villa rentals) looks pretty nice but very expensive. Any info or knowledge on that?

Any info on any of the islands would be greatly appreciated. This is our 1st time cruising Oceania and pretty excited about it!

Thanks in advance,

Cathy

DH and I are doing the same itinerary except going April 2012. I have been reading the Paul Gauguin cruise boards and they have excellent suggestions for French Polynesia and Marquesas. Princess cruise lines also has excursion descriptions on their web site that gives good information. I've also been doing quite a bit of reading from my guide books. It will be our first time on Oceania and we are also very excited. This is a dream vacation for me. I hope after you cruise you will post a review seeing how you will be doing this itinerary before us.

• 2 weeks later...

This sort of post is better placed on the Ports of Call section to get better information or go to this year's roll call for that cruise and see what they are saying.

Also you will do far better if you put what you are looking for in the subject line rather than something so generic as the people who might have been able to tell you likely would not have looked at your question in the first place.

I have to agree about the Roll Calls for the Pacific cruises on the O boards are like a ghost town. At least mine is. I haven't checked in a while but there are only 3 or 4 people on it, it's been a while since there's been any posts on it. It about a year now so maybe it will pick up a little.

I do agree with checking out the Paul Gauguin boards as they've been traveling that area for quite a while.

Good advice about the subject in the header though.

Hey all,

I have a question or 2 for you. :)

Going to the French Polynesian Islands in Jan/2012 (Tahitian Breeze)and want to know what are the best tours/things to do in the ports? I've been looking at the 3.5 hr ATV tour in Moorea. Lots of good reviews on that!

Bora Bora(the over night Villa rentals) looks pretty nice but very expensive. Any info or knowledge on that?

Any info on any of the islands would be greatly appreciated. This is our 1st time cruising Oceania and pretty excited about it!

Thanks in advance,

Cathy

St. Johns...was there in 2005 as part of a London to New York Crossing...lovely city.... the city people who met the ship had a newfie that weighed 140 lbs....more than me....amazing dog...hope the economy is picking up....great place to visit.

Leonid,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I have to agree,I love this place, the weather could be better but I guess you can't have it all! Our economy is doing qiute well to!

• 2 months later...

I'm new to blogs, posting and everything, but I can tell you this. Oceania and the Regatta are terrific!!!! We have been to the Baltic and to Patagonia via Argentina with them and have had the MOST wonderful experiences.

We are booked on the Polynesian Paradise cruise for May of 2012 and I am dying to find out about shore trips too. I guess I'll follow the lead of the people who said we're in the wrong spot, but if you do have any more suggestions about where to look for shore excursions and things to do, please let me know.

We are booked on the Polynesian Paradise cruise for May of 2012 and I am dying to find out about shore trips too. I guess I'll follow the lead of the people who said we're in the wrong spot, but if you do have any more suggestions about where to look for shore excursions and things to do, please let me know.

Welcome to CC

You may want to look for the ROLL CALL for your specific cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=423

Just look for the sailing date & post there

That is where you will meet your fellow cruisers

You can also check the PORTS of CALL forum for shore excursions to DIY

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Oceania will probably not have ones for your cruise out until closer to sailing

Lyn

I'm new to blogs, posting and everything, but I can tell you this. Oceania and the Regatta are terrific!!!! We have been to the Baltic and to Patagonia via Argentina with them and have had the MOST wonderful experiences.

Welcome to CC!

Since this is a new itinerary for Oceania, there is no precedence for excursions with them. The shore excursions will be published 4-6 months prior to your cruise.

In the mean time you can either check the Ports of Call section under Pacific Islands for general ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=104

or check your roll call and or other cruise lines' roll calls that visit that area (Princess comes to mind). That will give you some ideas as to what is and will be available.

Once again cross-posting with Lyn :)

The Roll Call for the May sailing is here;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1300509

It's finally starting to pick up a little.

Welcome to CC!

Since this is a new itinerary for Oceania, there is no precedence for excursions with them. The shore excursions will be published 4-6 months prior to your cruise.

In the mean time you can either check the Ports of Call section under Pacific Islands for general ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=104

or check your roll call and or other cruise lines' roll calls that visit that area (Princess comes to mind). That will give you some ideas as to what is and will be available.

Once again cross-posting with Lyn :)

Although this is the first Tahiti for Oceania remember FDR took Ren 3 and 4 there for several years so Im sure their tours will be great and they will know exactly what to do and where to go

Jancruz1

Another good place to look would be the Paul Gauguin board and their Roll Calls for Tahiti information as it's all they do.

I promise, if someone can steer me to a site where I can access the above information, I will delete this query. (If I can figure out how to do that!)

Too late - you only have 15-20 minutes to edit/delete your post :D

Unfortunately I can't help you with either of your questions as we don't use either "service" but I am sure others can & will.

I promise, if someone can steer me to a site where I can access the above information, I will delete this query. (If I can figure out how to do that!)

Use the search feature (top right)

they are here someplace

I was on Paul Gauguin earlier this year and though I am a regular Oceania client, I loved the PG. We had a great 3/4 day private lagoon tour on Bora Bora with Patrick. We swam with the Manta Ray's and the basking sharks. the lagoons were gorgeous and then we had lunch on a private island which Patrick's cousin barbequed for us. Patrick is the son of the last chief and so has perfect credentials for tours in Polynesia. He also does land tours and other full day lagoon tours etc. You can find his web site if you want to find information. We got a group of 12 together. We started with 6 on CC and found 6 more on the PG. We all enjoyed it.

Sorry -- tried everywhere, no luck. Does anyone possibly have a pic or two of the gym on Regatta? I found a minute photo on another web site that wouldn't enlarge.....and that's it. If anyone has such -- or could point me in the right direction to find one or two -- I would be grateful. The O web site seems only interested in selling the spa (lots o' pix), but mentions the gym only in passing. Thanks.

Archived