cabin guarantee???

Never said I was having “trouble” just that it had not been assigned. My few Guarantees were assigned right at final payment, or the day following booking if within the payment window. I know I have a paid reservation, and eventually a cabin. I did the on-line check in, even booked specialty dining and an excursion. I am just waiting for the cabin.

By the way – my balcony guarantee at the time of booking was a couple of hundred dollars PER PERSON less than the cheapest balcony available. Unless there is some prime cabin available, the location does not matter much to us. We are generally only in the cabin for a week, and sometimes less.

M

On a 7 night cruise, that's a lot of time to spend in your cabin. :)

Weird – have a OV Guarantee booked for Monarch in August, almost 4 months away and I received the cabin assignment toady. I’m not even paid in full yet! Crummy location – way forward on deck 2 Cat. H but I was able to change to mid ship. I can't go back in the guarantee pool as guarantee is no longer a booking option.

I can watch the prices and change to another cabin if the opportunity becomes available. I am ok with Cat H as the cruise pricing was very reasonable!

So funny that I got this assignment 4 months in advance and prior to final payment, and the cruise in a month still has no assignment.

M

Thanks again for all the additional information. Sorry to hear many are disappointed in thier cabin assignment, but once again......if you are on a short cruise at an overly inflated price....go for the guarantee. I saved half the price.

For a longer cruise....I would never do it.

Being on my favorite cute "little local ship" versus staying at home to "watch the ball drop" is still more fun!! Put me in a tent on the deck...whatever....I am still "on the boat" ;) :D

Gambled on getting a better cabin. I am not sure what my downside was.

Since I just booked ,I can now book a better cabin. It's not like I booked

a year ago and have to take what's left over.

Perhaps with final payment date coming up ,nice cabins may open up after.

I get the "gurantee game " and didn't (don't) think there was any real downside.

We'll see.

perhaps the "very upset" comment lead some to believe you didn't get the game. I am glad you do get it. In this case you got your cabin assignment promptly. Since you didn't like it, you were able to upgrade. It only cost you a little time to upgrade to the cabin you really wanted. Hypothetically, downside might have occurred if you didn't get the assignment quickly and prices rose (or cabins sold out) in the meantime. fortunately, that didn't happen. Happy sails.

Recently booked a guarantee oceanview balcony D5 on 7-day cruise and have plenty of time before we sail. I did make sure that if we did find something

"better" up until about a week before sailing, we could upgrade with cash (always), price adjust if before final sailing, or see if they'll move our room within that same category if the assignment isn't to our liking (if, not guaranteed). We might lose our benefits which total > $300, though, if we adjust our booking. All depends on when and if the profit margin is high enough for the TA to still offer the benefits.

Hope prices will drop and I can move to a specific cabin. The prices were over $240 more per person to get the cheapest assigned oceanview balcony cabin. But for the money, even on a 7 day, I'm willing to gamble on a non-obstructed oceanview balcony :) I'll just bring ear plugs and comfy shoes.

Yup!! :) For a celebration holiday 3 nighter, the cabin perks are not a big deal. Just

being on "the boat" for New Year's Eve is the thing! ;) First time we have done a holiday sailing. Should be fun!!

My Monarch 3 nighter is December 30th of this year. :D

Have a great time when the ball falls. Sorry we can't be there. My number is correct. Best to DH!

Have a great time when the ball falls. Sorry we can't be there. My number is correct. Best to DH!

Thanks Scotty!! :D

Sorry we will not have the pleasure of your company for this cruise. :(

All our best back to you and your beautiful bride! :D

And have a great rest of the year!

Archived