new to halland amreica questions

thrusday

we have cruised princess before but new to holland , any way my question is about shore excursions , if we pick them now are we charged now or is it after we board the ship , princess is always after you board the ship , so this is new to me i have read thier site on holland american but cant find if its charged now or later. we are sailing december 5th from austrilla to new zealand on volendam , the second question is the plugs we are in united states so do we need a converter for our net book and to plug things in or are they the same as usa plugs ... dont want to blow up my net book.yes we already have our flight, but its arriving december 5th at 7.50 am , i know usually we fly in a day before but we cant this time . shame on me. thride ,is there washclothes provided , ive read some post and some say no and some say yes, we are doing the as you wish dinning so that is self explanatory ,i know we make a cruise the way we want happy and fun , so that wont be a problem also ,last question , clothing , should we bring warm clothing or summer time clothing . anyway thank you in advance for any help and all help appericate it very much , oh sorry one more question the drink card , now is that including gin and tonic or just sodas ,, or both

When you pre-order excursions on hal -- they are charged to your credit card right away -- if you change your mind about a tour -- you can cancel up to 5 days before your cruise and the money will be credited back to your credit card

if you change your mind about a tour on embarkation day -- you can cancel that day -- no penality -- but now your refund is in the form of shipboard credit

we have cruised princess before but new to holland , any way my question is about shore excursions , if we pick them now are we charged now or is it after we board the ship , princess is always after you board the ship , so this is new to me i have read thier site on holland american but cant find if its charged now or later. we are sailing december 5th from austrilla to new zealand on volendam , the second question is the plugs we are in united states so do we need a converter for our net book and to plug things in or are they the same as usa plugs ... dont want to blow up my net book.yes we already have our flight, but its arriving december 5th at 7.50 am , i know usually we fly in a day before but we cant this time . shame on me. thride ,is there washclothes provided , ive read some post and some say no and some say yes, we are doing the as you wish dinning so that is self explanatory ,i know we make a cruise the way we want happy and fun , so that wont be a problem also ,last question , clothing , should we bring warm clothing or summer time clothing . anyway thank you in advance for any help and all help appericate it very much , oh sorry one more question the drink card , now is that including gin and tonic or just sodas ,, or both

Welcome to the Holland America board and to Holland America.

when you book your shore excursion on line, your credit card will be charged immediately. So they will be all paid for. You can still cancel up to 5 days before without penalty and your credit card will be refunded.

The plugs on Holland America are the same as plugs in North America (U.S.), so you are perfectly safe to plug in your net book (and anything else).

There have always been washcloths on every Holland America ship we have sailed on.

clothing? You are going in December so it should be quite nice in Australia and New Zealand - you might want to check the average temperatures but i would plan on mostly spring and summer clothing. (some of the ports can be very windy so may appear cooler than it is)

If you get the beverage card for alcoholic drinks, it will include your gin and tonic. It is sold at a discount of 10%. The soda card is just for soda and is sold for $25 *a $50 dollar value.

Hope this helps a bit. Have a great cruise :)

Hope this helps

The picture shows a US 115v outlet on the right and a European 220v round-pin on the left. If your power supply is marked 110-240 volts, 50-60 Hz, you can use the European outlet with the proper plug adapter. If your power supply is marked 110-120v do not use the European outlet.

2811377320099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

As far as clothing goes, think the height of summer; you are going in the weather equivalent of America's July.

I was just there, in the equivalent of our September. Australia was brutally hot, except for Tasmania, where it was merely very hot. The south island of New Zealand was pleasant; the north island was also very, very hot.

If you are planning to go up into the Southern Alps, then you might want something a little heavier, or a wind-breaker for that tour. But, you'll have one winter outfit with you, since you're leaving in our winter.

thrusday,

Have you checked out the Roll Call for the December 5th cruise?

You may find some helpful information there.

There are 3 self service laundries available on the Volendam, if that is what you mean by washclothes.

If your flight to Sydney arrives on time, you should have plenty of time to get to the ship before lunchtime.

erewon no i meant wash clothes to wash youre body with , i seen on the deck plans that there was washers and dryers ,yes i will go check the roll call, and see whats happening there thank you every one for all the helpful information

Archived