NCL Mastercard World Points - when to redeem?

CTCruisers

We have a NCL cruise booked for October and we have over 100,000 world points available on our card.

When can we redeem the points against this cruise? How do I do that?

We were not sure of the process and if we had to wait until final payment is due.

Any advice would be appreciated.

We have a NCL cruise booked for October and we have over 100,000 world points available on our card.

When can we redeem the points against this cruise? How do I do that?

We were not sure of the process and if we had to wait until final payment is due.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My personal advice would be to redeem the points for cash, once over the 25,000 points mark you can get the same amount in cash as you can for an OBC. Then you can earn points for your shipboard account being charged to the credit card, and pay it off with the $$$ they've sent you.

Log into the BOA site and access your account information, click rewards....then cash. Checks typically arrive in about 2 weeks.

You can also call them if you dont want to do it online...I used 60000 for on board credit for my last cruise and it was literally put on my account while I was on the phone! Called the next day to verify and again when we got to the boat...absolutely flawless!! I am up to 42000 already and the cruise isnt until next year!! Probably the only thing I love about college tuition is the fact that I can put it on my NCL card!!

You can also call them if you dont want to do it online...I used 60000 for on board credit for my last cruise and it was literally put on my account while I was on the phone! Called the next day to verify and again when we got to the boat...absolutely flawless!! I am up to 42000 already and the cruise isnt until next year!! Probably the only thing I love about college tuition is the fact that I can put it on my NCL card!!

Unfortunately for us, my son's college just eliminated the choice of using a credit card for tuition/room/board. It was good while it lasted, though!!

• 3 years later...
You can also link the card with your checking account and have it electronicly transferred.

Anybody know if it's still done this way? If my CC and checkin account are with the same bank, will they/can they just transfer the cash to my checking account? And if so, how fast?

Presuming you aren't a "suite" person you could also use 60k of your points for a double cross-meta upgrade which allows you to pay for one category and cruise in one two categories higher

I wonder if that would affect the promo that is going. Will you only get credit for the inside (no promo) or the balcony upgrade (with promo).

You guys an inside you get the promos that come with the inside. :mad:

But depending on the price difference (it was a total of $2,200 for us) you can afford to either buy the ultimate packages outright or pay as you go depending on your personal desires and STILL be way ahead financially.

• 2 years later...
Thanks for the info. I went to the website and chose the cash option. We should get our checks for $1,000 in about two weeks.

We will pay off our cruise with the charge card.

What is the website if you don't mind me asking?

I am building up for my cruise in December, and I hadn't thought of the cash option.

• 3 weeks later...
If you use the card enough to get to 60k points, then the 2 cat cross meta is absolutely the best value/"most bang for the buck" when it comes to using the points. There's an entire thread here regarding the card and the best way to use points ect...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=588120

Good morning,

I am sorry for not being so smart but would you please explain the 2 cat cross meta? I have a card and I looked at the link you recommended but I still didn't understand how I should use my points for the best value? I was going to do on board credit but now I am thinking getting the check from the credit card when I redeem my points is best and then use my credit card to pay any on board spending like tips etc because I then get points again on my card. Thanks for all your help! I am a first time cruiser on NCL so thanks for your patience

• 2 years later...