Is room service free on Carnival?

mikeerdas

On RCL, room service is free (before midnight at least, and when last I sailed with them). Is it also free on Carnival? RCL had a small room service menu, but all the items were complimentary. On another thread, someone mentioned "breakfast and sandwiches" being free with Carnival's room service. What about other food items? I'm interested in the Dream in particular unless room service and policies are uniform across the fleet.

Incidentally, I'm looking forward to trying Carnival's pizza--which I hope they offer free via room service. RCL's was ok but I've read that Carnival's is better.

Edited by mikeerdas

yes it is free. I dont know why someone whould say Carnival's is better??

Carnival only has continental for breakfast. RCL has hot items you can order for breakfast and a larger room service menu.

You will have to decide which is better.

The RCL small fee after midnight I heard is to stop drunks from ordering and then falling asleep and not tipping. The small charge includes the tip... so no tip is required if you are ordering from RCL in the wee hours of the morning.

I dont think you can order pizza on room service, but maybe if you write it in on the pillow menu they will do it?? Its better hot from the pizza window anyway.

On RCL, room service is free (before midnight at least, and when last I sailed with them). Is it also free on Carnival? RCL had a small room service menu, but all the items were complimentary. On another thread, someone mentioned "breakfast and sandwiches" being free with Carnival's room service. What about other food items? I'm interested in the Dream in particular unless room service and policies are uniform across the fleet.

Incidentally, I'm looking forward to trying Carnival's pizza--which I hope they offer free via room service. RCL's was ok but I've read that Carnival's is better.

There is no charge for room service items anytime on Carnival but it is customary to tip the server. You cannot get pizza thru room service.

This might help

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Edited by cuyahoga11

Yes, room service is free on CCL, we always tip $1-3 depending on what we order. You can get things like: Continental breakfast....fruit, juice, coffee assorted danish, pastries, bagels, etc.... For lunch you can order sandwiches, chips, preztles, chocolate cake. If you do a search there are room service menus posted this should help you too:D

Edited by ramrax4

We just went on our first cruise, and ordered breakfast, through room service almost every morning....it was a nice little treat!!:D

Our DD (who's 14) takes meds for her epilepsy, and instead of rushing to the Lido every morning (not in a rush....we're on vacation!!) we'd have a couple croissants, toast, hot chocolate and coffee! I tipped $2. everytime, and the servers were always very pleased! Oh yeah, we loved cruising and looking for our next adventure....hehehe!!

Thanks again everyone. Yeah, RCL's pizza was nothing special aside from it being free. I just remember reading in various threads about Carnival people touting Carnival's pizza (and food in general) over RCL's. Will be fun to compare.

I certainly think carnival's pizza is better. I couldn't choke down one piece of RCI's pizza...YUCK

lol I thought the subject was room service and if you could get pizza on room service.

I was saying room service is better on RCL, nothing about their pizza.

You could read what OP said as it being either.

Iv had several pizzas on Carnival that I could not eat, they were not cooked thru. Especially if you order early, like 11 am, its cold to boot, so I would not crow over Carnival's pizza either unless you wait for hot pizza.

I liked on RCL in the promenade they would stick it on a plate and you could see it come out of the oven and grab it when it was hot ...which has been a recurring issue on Carnival with their pizza. Im not the only one who has posted about half cooked pizza on Carnival.

Carnival used to have good pizza, that has like corn meal on the bottom until they changed it. I guess a cost saving measure.

I certainly think carnival's pizza is better. I couldn't choke down one piece of RCI's pizza...YUCK

I agree that Carnival's is better, although the RCI pizza in Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos is much better than in the Lido (Windjammer) buffet.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Thanks again everyone. Yeah, RCL's pizza was nothing special aside from it being free. I just remember reading in various threads about Carnival people touting Carnival's pizza (and food in general) over RCL's. Will be fun to compare.

Your setting yourself up for disappointment:D Carnivals pizza sucks and you can't order it thru room service.........this is from as recent as my Dec. cruise........

RCCL has a more extensive room service menu serving hot food.......

Edited by MissDiva1

• 6 years later...