SHONA BLAIR, NCL CRUISE DIRECTOR, Resigns

cruiseguys2009

Really' date=' the last time I talked to him he was headed for the Epic. :confused:

PE[/color']

Hi John,

Andy Steinhauser from Pearl just took over on Epic as CD a wk ago and Karen Mayberry is the Dir. of Entertainment.

Shona was our cruise director on the Majesty to Bermuda a few June's ago. Comedian Al Ducharme was also aboard and between the two of them, they made it very special. She's the only CD that has made an impression on me after many cruises.

She was my 2nd fav cruise director Matt baker is the best ive had! Shona will be missed hopefully its just a vacation for a few months and NCL and her will work things out.. Who took over for her as the CD of the SUN?

Never had Shona as a CD but I must say that Matt Baker is the best Cruise Director we ever had in over 30 cruises on six different cruise lines. Matt is awesome.

Shona was our cruise director on the Majesty to Bermuda a few June's ago. Comedian Al Ducharme was also aboard and between the two of them, they made it very special. She's the only CD that has made an impression on me after many cruises.

I usually don’t jump in but -

On our Jewel 2010 cruise Shona and I went through all the dates of our past cruises because I swore to her that she was the CD on all of them as she was the only one I could remember. I think that says it all.

Shona is a fabulous CD and a lovely person with a very talented new husband. I would think that NCL could work something out with them.

JW – I absolutely love reading your reviews. Keep sailing and keep writing. :D

I usually don’t jump in but -

On our Jewel 2010 cruise Shona and I went through all the dates of our past cruises because I swore to her that she was the CD on all of them as she was the only one I could remember. I think that says it all.

Shona is a fabulous CD and a lovely person with a very talented new husband. I would think that NCL could work something out with them.

JW – I absolutely love reading your reviews. Keep sailing and keep writing. :D

Thank you so much for the compliments...and I have also heard that after many years, Matt Baker also has resigned....geez...what's going on at NCL????

Matt Baker has also resigned at the same time Shona did....wonder why?

He retired from Cruise life.. Took a land based job @ a 5 star resort Hes engaged and Im assuming wants a semi normal life with his bride to be thats not based on Cruise ships.. If you go to his Facebook page he gave a statement

Matt Baker has also resigned at the same time Shona did....wonder why?

Matt Baker

Hi Everyone. As most of you know I have retired from ships and will be starting a new life on land as Director of Events & Entertainment with my beautiful wife to be Angie Ortega at a brand new 5 star all exclusive resort in St Vincent starting May 5th. For those of you I worked with over the years and met on ships, thank you for you support and friendship, it was a real pleasure.

Take care all and Wiki Wiki Wahh!

Matt Baker

Hi Everyone. As most of you know I have retired from ships and will be starting a new life on land as Director of Events & Entertainment with my beautiful wife to be Angie Ortega at a brand new 5 star all exclusive resort in St Vincent starting May 5th. For those of you I worked with over the years and met on ships, thank you for you support and friendship, it was a real pleasure.

Take care all and Wiki Wiki Wahh!

Thank you for the update. Matt will be a success at what ever he tries, and so will Shona. I just can't help but wonder if NCL had the best of the best, why not go to great lengths to keep them?

Thank you for the update. Matt will be a success at what ever he tries, and so will Shona. I just can't help but wonder if NCL had the best of the best, why not go to great loengths to keep them?

imo. matt was prolly ready to move on since hes gettn married 15 + yrs on cruise ships is alot.. he was great at what he did and loved it but prolly just wanted 2 move on.. shona shes freshly married and as u reported they was seperating her and her husband maybe ncl and her was both hard headed? maybe they will work things out in the future .. good luck to both in the future!

imo. matt was prolly ready to move on since hes gettn married 15 + yrs on cruise ships is alot.. he was great at what he did and loved it but prolly just wanted 2 move on.. shona shes freshly married and as u reported they was seperating her and her husband maybe ncl and her was both hard headed? maybe they will work things out in the future .. good luck to both in the future!

I have no idea as to what NCL was thinking about between Shona and her new husband Gene. Sincerely, they being newlyweds, had informed NCL months in advance of their wedding, but I guess they could not be scheduled together. Sad to see them all go. Good luck to both Matt and Shona in their new careers.

Personally was not impressed with Shona on the Jewel last September. DW and I thought the ACD was much better and saw more of him then Shona. This was her first cruise on the Jewel to give her credit though.

I understand what you're saying. I had no problem with Shona but would I agree that I saw the ACD more than her but to be fair, I have found that to be true on every cruise. I only saw Shona in the theater and at the White Hot Party. She is definitely not hard on the eyes.

White Hot Party Edited

• 2 months later...

My girlfriend stumbled on this thread and we were shocked. We don't necessarily share the same sentiments with the quality of Shona Blairs work. While we too agree she is easy on the eyes, we were amazed she held her job as long as she did. We had the unfortunate pleasure of having her as our CD on our first NCL cruise on the Dawn, and I thought it was her first day on the job, she would fumble her words, give out wrong information after the theater shows. Amazing. During the Newlywed game, she could not come up with a humurous quip when it was handed to her. We were so disappointed. She ertainly was not quick on her heels. In speaking with some of the other cruise director staff and entertainment staff they would just roll their eyes when asked what is was like to work with Miss Blair. A year later we took a cruise on the Jewel and we thought what are the odds... ugh, there she was again.

I think all CD's need to take a page out of Dave Chapman's book... he is simply the best at his craft.

Not a hater here, just needed to get this off my chest. ;)

My girlfriend stumbled on this thread and we were shocked. We don't necessarily share the same sentiments with the quality of Shona Blairs work. While we too agree she is easy on the eyes, we were amazed she held her job as long as she did. We had the unfortunate pleasure of having her as our CD on our first NCL cruise on the Dawn, and I thought it was her first day on the job, she would fumble her words, give out wrong information after the theater shows. Amazing. During the Newlywed game, she could not come up with a humurous quip when it was handed to her. We were so disappointed. She ertainly was not quick on her heels. In speaking with some of the other cruise director staff and entertainment staff they would just roll their eyes when asked what is was like to work with Miss Blair. A year later we took a cruise on the Jewel and we thought what are the odds... ugh, there she was again.

I think all CD's need to take a page out of Dave Chapman's book... he is simply the best at his craft.

Not a hater here, just needed to get this off my chest. ;)

Reminds me of when people say "It's not about the money".

Translation, "it's about the money". ;)

Archived