Suggestions for HOTELS at/near BROOKLYN Cruise Terminal???

Jassy

We are departing May 17 on the Caribbean Princess, arriving the evening before at JFK. We presently have a hotel at JFK but I have been hearing some bad reports on the hotels in that area. So, we are thinking that it may be better to stay near the pier the night before.

Is this a good/realistic plan?

If so, we would want a hotel with a restaurant for dinner or very close nearby to a decent place to eat. What hotel(s) would you suggest?

Thank you!

Jassy,

There really isn't anywhere special to stay in Brooklyn. You would be better off staying at one of the hotels in the financial district in lower Manhattan. You will be very close to the Brooklyn Bridge and the ride to the port will take you twenty minutes to half an hour.

Jonathan

I respectfully disagree that there's no place special - take a look at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. We stayed there a couple of years ago and will again this October. It is a lovely hotel and the staff were extremely friendly and fun. They have dining on site or there are many choices within walking or a short cab distance. It's not too far from the pier and the Marriott will even arrange a ride for you.

The 2 new ones are a Best Western at 764 4th Ave (25th ST)

http://www.bwplusprospectpark.com

and the La Quinta Inn at 533 3rd Ave (13th St)

Both are fairly close to the port and both include breakfast however neither has a restaurant.

There is a Kentucky Fried Chicken within a few blocks of the Best Western

I don't know of any other restaurants close to the Best Western but if you have a car----see below-- 5th Ave & 7th Ave have lots of restaurants.

The closest restaurants to La Q are:

Magnolia at 6th Ave & 11th or 12th St and

Anthony's (Italian) at 7th Ave around 13th-14th Sts

If you walk up to 5th Ave and down to the lower numbered streets--there is a French restaurant at 5th St --and past 1st street there are all kinds of restaurants. This is a long walk and you might want to call a car service for the ride either there or back.

On 7th Ave as well--there are a lot of restaurants---mostly in the lower numbered streets.

Marge

The 2 new ones are a Best Western at 764 4th Ave (25th ST)

http://www.bwplusprospectpark.com

and the La Quinta Inn at 533 3rd Ave (13th St)

Both are fairly close to the port and both include breakfast however neither has a restaurant.

There is a Kentucky Fried Chicken within a few blocks of the Best Western

I don't know of any other restaurants close to the Best Western but if you have a car----see below-- 5th Ave & 7th Ave have lots of restaurants.

The closest restaurants to La Q are:

Magnolia at 6th Ave & 11th or 12th St and

Anthony's (Italian) at 7th Ave around 13th-14th Sts

If you walk up to 5th Ave and down to the lower numbered streets--there is a French restaurant at 5th St --and past 1st street there are all kinds of restaurants. This is a long walk and you might want to call a car service for the ride either there or back.

On 7th Ave as well--there are a lot of restaurants---mostly in the lower numbered streets.

Marge

I am cruising out of Brooklyn the End of September, plan on spending 2 days in New York Pre Cruise. Would you stay in Brooklyn or close to Times Square? I've never been to New York! Thanks for your help

I am cruising out of Brooklyn the End of September, plan on spending 2 days in New York Pre Cruise. Would you stay in Brooklyn or close to Times Square? I've never been to New York! Thanks for your help

I would stay in Manhattan rather than Brooklyn.

My advice is to see what you might want to visit in NCY and then look at a map and that will give you a good sense of where to stay.

Keith

I respectfully disagree that there's no place special - take a look at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. We stayed there a couple of years ago and will again this October. It is a lovely hotel and the staff were extremely friendly and fun. They have dining on site or there are many choices within walking or a short cab distance. It's not too far from the pier and the Marriott will even arrange a ride for you.

I've stayed here too and found it very nice as well as convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

Times Square isn't really close to Brooklyn, but I guess if you are looking to sight see, it's something to consider. We are staying at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, and I have heard nothing but good things about the hotel. About 10-15 minutes from the terminal and we got a group rate. Also conveniently located near the subway so a quick ride to Manhattan.

Archived