Internet/WiFi cost on NCL??

The Queen

The internet access is sold by the minute or by the time package. If you are going to be using it quite a bit, then you want to get a package as the cost is much cheaper than the per minute charge. I have purchased both the 100 minute package and the 250 minute package in the past, depending on the length of the cruise and how many sea days there were. If you are going to use the internet while aboard try early morning or later in the evening for better speed. When a lot of people are online it can get pretty slow at times. The speed is similar to other cruise lines internet as they all are not that fast of a connection, and even slower when busy. Have a great trip.

True.

And, you can just log on and purchase your package on your own without any help from the internet cafe.

You can also ask the internet cafe person what day they run a special on. I think it was 30% more minutes on the $100 package when i went last time around. They can at there discression add minutes for you for no cost. So im sure they could give you the special on day one if they want. NCL is still making good money off of it.

You can also ask the internet cafe person what day they run a special on. I think it was 30% more minutes on the $100 package when i went last time around. They can at there discression add minutes for you for no cost. So im sure they could give you the special on day one if they want. NCL is still making good money off of it.

I remember getting 10 extra minutes with the 100 minute plan if purchased on embarkation day. Got an extra 10 minutes as a Latitudes member. There may be some during the week specials at certain times like "first 5 minutes free before 8am". Have to check the daily paper.

Do I need to buy an Internet package to use my SKYPE on my IPAD calling a phone...not a computer??? have never used it on a cruise ship before...only hotels with free wifi. Thanks!

The use of Skype requires tapping into the ship's internet access. Therefore, you still need to pay for internet usage. Plus, some CCers have reported spotty quality issues using Skype, mainly because of the satellite internet's slow connection speed.

• 5 years later...
The internet access is sold by the minute or by the time package. If you are going to be using it quite a bit, then you want to get a package as the cost is much cheaper than the per minute charge. I have purchased both the 100 minute package and the 250 minute package in the past, depending on the length of the cruise and how many sea days there were. If you are going to use the internet while aboard try early morning or later in the evening for better speed. When a lot of people are online it can get pretty slow at times. The speed is similar to other cruise lines internet as they all are not that fast of a connection, and even slower when busy. Have a great trip.

You apparently haven't been on a RCCL Oasis class ship :) The internet is very quick there, I can stream Netflix etc. NCL is slower then dialup.

are the packages available for purchase on the ship or before hand?

You can buy ahead of time for a small discount.

Once onboard, just connect to the ship's wifi and it will give you the packages you can buy.

If you do not buy an unlimited package, you MUST log on and log off each time you want to use the internet (otherwise you timer keeps running).